Sign in to follow this  
gille

Blackscreens everywhere

Well since the update today i've problems loading the tavern and town. I get a black screen or the world won't properly load, as you can see in the screenshot i took.AD01B36F64753FD834E2A1AC6EF4C2BDDB229802

Thanks for the screenshot! Sorry about any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Couple of questions for you. Have you:

• Updated your graphics drivers?
  • Confirmed your Steam cache integrity?
  • Tried to uninstall, then re-install?

If you've tried all of these things and you're still having a problem, can I get you to put it in a bug report for us? It would be extremely helfpful. Thanks!

I did the Steam cache integrity verify, it always says that 1 file is not verified. It's only a temporary fix, it allows me to enter the carnival but after i leave it for any reason (usually to play the map) it will go back to the black screen. 

Update: I did the re-install and nothing changed. also my graphics card is up-to-date a, GeForce GTX560 Ti. I now its a couple of years old but didn't have problems with it before. If it helps any i still use windows 7 operating system. 

I already send a bug report yesterday

Tomorrow's patch contains a possible solution for the black screen issue. After the patch comes out tomorrow, would you please login to the game and check to see if you're still getting this issue?

well i found a temporary solution for this. 

What i do is exit all external internet connections (google chrome in my case) and enter a private tavern after i have cache verified.  this allows me to enter the private tavern without any problems. 

To get into the carnival town i then have to enter any map and exit it back to the private tavern. after this i'm able to enter the town for some reason. 

I know it's convoluted, but it is the only way to enter the carnival town without it having a black screen or not loading any terrain.