Sign in to follow this  
Bullet_

Pointless Armored Cleanser nerf?

@Pachipachio quote:

@MushroomCake28 quote:

^ That isn't the point. The point is that some super rare weapons got nerfed, so what's the point in farming for them? Some players poured hours of farming to get them, myself include of course.

It's pretty simple, the more you farm, the more you get rewarded. I am really scared that Trendy will move this to a "play 20 hours and get everything" philosophy. 

I think the bigger part of this is the fun bit.

I have a hard time pin pointing what trendy wants for this game.   Do they want players to use generic tools in an uber strategy type game? - like chess, xcom, and other more pure-strategy games

or

do they want players to use all sorts of funky tools in a bop-fest type of game?  - like diablo, borderlands, and more hack n slash type games. 

Endgame is possible in both of those types of philosophies, and both of those styles could definitely be enjoyed with a DD2 template thrown over it.  But what the ***?  Why are there strides towards both of those philosophies.  You can't really straddle it and this is just another case of idk wtf the grand vision is supposed to be when we have all of these kinds of schizophrenic changes 

..imo, anyway

Lol, yeah Pachi you make an excellent point.

Looking back at DD1, there was so much goofy, overpowered, absolutely funny *** in that game. Chicken shooter and all that stuff (mega chicken, I still love you lol!)

Then look at what we have now. Uber serious, the fun has been gutted, there are zero fun items in the game.

It's definitely hard to tell what direction they are wanting to take the game, and it's frustrating. Do you want fun, or are they going to keep pushing the "strategy and being serious or bust" mentality? I'd prefer a DD1 style game, since that's what brought me here in the first place, and actually have some laughs while playing the game. 

For what is the influence vote anyway?

The community can make zero decisions...

"Oh look Guys, which color should the Forge be? Purple or red? "

Such decision, much influence, wow colors....

Riot! Till we get our Cleanser back!

From the patch notes:

Adjusted mortar-style shot DPS to be closer to other weapon behaviors for Huntress/Apprentice.

RIP

At least I don't have to bang my head against Inc Ramp and Betsy anymore. Dozens of runs and nothing good.

While this may be a little off the topic, I second the "bring the fun back" requests. Fun stuff motivates people way more than even op out of this world stuff - boy did I try hard for a chicken costume for my DD1 squire...and it even showed me on the minimap as a chicken XD one of my fondest DD1 memories!

Maybe we do need a "bring the fun back" topic or something *hint hint* tris, pachipachio?

@stan_dizzle quote:

if they nerfed my armageddon and betsy staff... that pretty much will put a nail in the coffin about me quitting and giving my account to my roommate.

will go check this immediately... even though i have ZERO ambition to log in and rather level in BnS

@stan_dizzle quote:

just logged in. i dont see armageddon nerf. im still hitting 80k on my apps left clicking.

but. i did notice a significant drop on my betsy staff. dps is crazy lower and a significantly smaller aoe.

id like to say to was fun but... no.. it wasn't. i banged my head for 2 months on 2 maps... and you ***ing people found ways to destroy the game further. have fun. wish i could get my 75$ dollars back. i didn't pay to wait to play after you dumb***s 'address' everything for 4 months.

There's constructive feedback, then there's outright bashing. Guess which side you're currently on.

Just give your account to your roommate already if the game is causing you so much distress, then all of us here and at TE don't have to put up with your vulgar-ridden rantings every 5 seconds. You can have valid complaints/feedback about the game, but when you toss in f-bombs in every sentence of every post, it just makes you look like a spoilt little kid who didn't get his favorite ice cream and your credibility drops faster than Harbinger did to blockade boom.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Well I'm done with putting money and my free time towards this game now. The 2 bows that can only drop from a certain map each get nerfed to all hell and should be allowed to drop from all maps from now. If you want them to "be in line with other bows", there is no reason to make them map specific if they are going to be like every other bow and nerf the aoe range of them down to that of a penny....  

Loved back when influence points meant something and now you never ask the communities input on any updates until we all start complaining about how much of a train wreck it is and until the player base drops below 700 a day again.

@westenra quote:

While this may be a little off the topic, I second the "bring the fun back" requests. Fun stuff motivates people way more than even op out of this world stuff - boy did I try hard for a chicken costume for my DD1 squire...and it even showed me on the minimap as a chicken XD one of my fondest DD1 memories!

Maybe we do need a "bring the fun back" topic or something *hint hint* tris, pachipachio?

I have a feeling that if I make it I'm going to say something that offends someone, though! But I'm going to brainstorm on it, regardless and if someone makes a post before I do, you can about bet your bottom dollar that I'll throw my opinion out there.

@Tristaris quote:

@westenra quote:

I have a feeling that if I make it I'm going to say something that offends someone, though! But I'm going to brainstorm on it, regardless and if someone makes a post before I do, you can about bet your bottom dollar that I'll throw my opinion out there.

It's 2016, you can't comment on the color of the sky without offending someone ;)

Hit me up on steam if you want to compile a list of things that were fun in DD1 or something like that.

@Skyaliciouse quote:

I can't say I didn't see it coming.... I bolded a comment about a week ago ...somewhere along the lines, "And don't make updates contradictive to a Polled Update because that nulls everything. "

In other words..... they're going to nerf something because we wanted a particular update... so making things easier to farm, they're going to nerf something to make up for it. They're never going to do what the community wants... which is to have fun. I haven't even bothered to login since the carnival update knowing they're going to nerf something else (again) because it seems to be a consistent Trendy reaction by now... after witnessing 8months of updates... it gets old. I would tell people to stop expecting anything good because they will always find a way to null it, but I won't. Kappa

tdlr; You don't have to listen to me, you can disagree with me- it's cool, I understand you have an opinion too.

Spinning a wheel is how we play the game now. So you don't have much to come back to. Perfect items are given away.

Guess the level raise is around the corner, I would just hope it won't  take too long. Cause the player count is going to plummet in the next two months. When every other player has all the gear they ever wanted.

You can spend 2.5k gold for something like a 15% chance to get a 700 iPWR item. (Based on your iPWR)

And you don't even want to try and get a group get into the new map. And if you fail. The replay button simply ain't there..

@westenra quote:

While this may be a little off the topic, I second the "bring the fun back" requests.

Why can't we have both fun and balance? I don't get why people make a distinction between the two. You can re-vamp a game's core systems with the net result of being more fun, while simultaneously keeping balance in mind. I've tried to do that with my feedback threads, but that cursed sub-forum gets no traffic.

@falkon311 quote:Said the flaming, bashing troll. I see nothing constructive here-  Practice what you preach oh ye of the fanboi clan.

Haha, immediately assuming that I'm a TE fanboy just because I called someone out on their aggressive post. Cute.

I've posted feedback on other things for this game, both supportive and critical ones, but I don't expect you to know that since all you see is my one post in one topic and immediately jump to the conclusion that I'm a blind supporter of all of TE's decisions. Have fun assuming!

Nice nerf... in this game it was something HARD to farm and fun in that way caz at least something u have to invest more time farming and they ruin it. Congratz staff :)

Thank you all for the feedback. I'll be passing this along to the Design/Production teams, and they'll make decisions on balance. 

I also want to take this opportunity to remind everyone to keep all comments in this forum constructive and non-inflammatory. Personal attacks and insults are against our Forum Rules and will not be tolerated. 

Moved to Game Feedback. 

Just curious. Why are nerfs being made to some of the rarer loot because they're "too strong", but no balance/new passives are being prioritized for builders. Like most have said, it's already bad enough we've spent 200+ hours just trying to find one of the items in the first place. Guess I'm just not understanding this path. I could understand the wipe in "pre-alpha" stages, but this just seems unnecessary. Wouldn't mind a response. Not trying to flame, just really curious.  

balancing items before heroes seems bad to me

first of all find a way to get use of squire and monk in combat phase, then you should balance towers (traps still the only thing), then the items

@0564 quote:

first of all find a way to get use of squire and monk in combat phase, then you should balance towers (traps still the only thing), then the items

Just remove the forward-lunge mechanic on melee heroes and boom, viable. 

Side note, it seems that butter was laid off :/ His forum posts are no longer red.

@Aheadatime quote:

@0564 quote:

Just remove the forward-lunge mechanic on melee heroes and boom, viable. 

Side note, it seems that butter was laid off :/ His forum posts are no longer red.

Well, that would be fine. They just nerfed resists though. It's back to being punched in the face. :(

Still the same nerfed bow :\ time to check back on the game next week to see if its playable again. Not wasting more time trying to get stuff if it's going to be ruined when its a map specific drop.

@Bullet_ quote:

Still the same nerfed bow :\ time to check back on the game next week to see if its playable again. Not wasting more time trying to get stuff if it's going to be ruined when its a map specific drop.

You'll probably need to wait more than one week. I personally stopped playing a lot like I did since the carnival update. So much silly decisions in my opinion. I play like less than 1 hour a day.

Yeah, for me thats a motivation Killer aswell. Was hyped for the Carnival and now i hate it.

Decisions Trendy, decisions.... u done it wrong.

@MushroomCake28 quote:

@Bullet_ quote:

You'll probably need to wait more than one week. I personally stopped playing a lot like I did since the carnival update. So much silly decisions in my opinion. I play like less than 1 hour a day.

all ive been doing is checking to see if it ever gets fixed (thread almost has more replies than a trendy pinnned post) and if i have dailys that could give 10 tokens, then i close the game lol

The AoE nerf on AC is kinda understandable for me actually. It`s a single projectile and easy to aim once you got used to it. Plus Breaker affecting tower dmg and dmg from other players still makes it by far the best bow in the game. A 2/s nm3 AC still beats ANY nm4 non-AC 4/s bow, even in solo and most definitely in a group. It really didn`t need to do the AoE as well.

Betsy bow and staff however are much harder to aim, and their main strength was the AoE. Without that, their passives don`t make up for autoshot dps lost compared to a precise burst shot with a dmg passive.

Overall I agree with the topic, the change did indeed make more harm than good for the game.

@Sogron quote:

The AoE nerf on AC is kinda understandable for me actually. It`s a single projectile and easy to aim once you got used to it. Plus Breaker affecting tower dmg and dmg from other players still makes it by far the best bow in the game. A 2/s nm3 AC still beats ANY nm4 non-AC 4/s bow, even in solo and most definitely in a group. It really didn`t need to do the AoE as well.

Betsy bow and staff however are much harder to aim, and their main strength was the AoE. Without that, their passives don`t make up for autoshot dps lost compared to a precise burst shot with a dmg passive.

Overall I agree with the topic, the change did indeed make more harm than good for the game.

Not to mention they are map specific weapons that take a decent amount of grinding to get a good 4s one, with the nerf on aoe range down to almost 0 and aoe dmg being nerfed along with it, it may as well be a drop for any map.

Seems like Trendy are just mindlessly nerfing things that are slightly better than your average gear. Really kills the incentive to farm for it at all. The bow was fine.