Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

end game nm4 is way too hard to solo and the lobbies are so small its pretty much your lucky day of the week if you find a group of people playing nm4...

@NineO_OSix quote:

people dont like playing with other people cuz they alway lie. They want to play nm4 when they clearly don't pull any weight. They say they are dps when they are not dps. Having a 700 ipower bow and some 700 ipower attack relic does not make you a dps. At least not in nm4 standard. To be a dps in nm4 standard you need a lich pet, or cyclone, or a good aoe like sword pet or poison tip. Then comes the bow. You need piece shot 18 or 19% preferably on the relic as well. 4s to make use of charge shot. The bow should be betsy, armor cleanser, burst shot or at least falcon at the very worse. Almost 80% of the people that claim they are dps and build nothing are fake dps. They can't hold thier own hard lane that only appears cuz they are in the game. Can maps be done with 1 leecher that does nothing? Yes. Can it be done with 2 leechers maybe.  But most cases it is 3 leechers so no. I went in rampart with only 4 builders and just did nothing all game other than repair some walls so it is possible. But it isnt good or effective. Makes the game hard. It also waste time cuz the fail rate is so high. This is why people latch on to people they seen and proved to be similar skilled and they host private games. This will only lead to more people hosting private games and thus you see all the matchmaking maps are empty. Endless cycle cuz no limitation on ipower or some kind of barrier to stop leechers from joining nm4.

I hope they'll have a barrier soon, you need certain iPWR, to get into the next tier. 

You're totally right, there's so much more to DPSing, than standing there and shooting. 

@NineO_OSix quote:

i have 740 on 7 heroes, dps huntress, dps app, squire wall, squire cannon, app flamethrower, hunter trap, monk and still cant solo any map. You know why cuz the game limits u to 4 heroes what bull***. How can you solo anything if in order to build traps, wall, frost and SA you cant have a dps zzz

1-. Nobody force u using traps(1), wall(2, guess squire's one), frost(3), SA(4) all builders. Anyway, after trying all styles I personally feel trap-frost based is the hardest one for solo, considerably harder than others.

2-. In DD1, people fails with 4600 stats(tower attack, other stats around 2.6k) some maps that can be completed with 200 stat(tower attack, others 120-130), that's x23 times of difference, not only in tower damage but in range ,speed, health, etc. Sorry but even people think they are clever, there's not a "cap of stupid grade". DD2 is other story but it still isn't a "stat-all" game, if u can't make a good build, u just can't solo even u're with 1000+ iPWR.

3-. I've been regulary solo completing NM4 endgame(not any specific, just doing all) since I was with 3.4k DP, more or less succeed 2 of each 3 times.

4-. I solo completed my first NM4 endgame map(Liferoot Forest) with just 3.1k DP(I hope it's not a only NM4 gears possible value) with 4 BUILDERS. And that was before the solo-easier patch. And the game is clearly much easier now.

Don`t worry about not getting a group for nm4. As soon as you get the amount of characters you want and you solo and coop all the nm4 maps, it`s game over. Endgame has no replayability. If you`ve done all nm3 content you`re 10% off from "winning" the game. You`re not missing anything really, maybe just frustration.

I can solo end game nm4 using either 4 builders or 3 builders and a DPS. But solo incursion is near to impossible without good luck. Multi-player nm4 incursion is at least ten times easier whether I build or DPS.So if I want to find ipwr 700 gear I either got to play multiplayer or spin the wheel. It's so hard to find groups it's easier to spin the wheel.

@Faking quote:

I can solo end game nm4 using either 4 builders or 3 builders and a DPS. But solo incursion is near to impossible without good luck. Multi-player nm4 incursion is at least ten times easier whether I build or DPS.So if I want to find ipwr 700 gear I either got to play multiplayer or spin the wheel. It's so hard to find groups it's easier to spin the wheel.

It's because Incursion doesn't scale to how many people are in the group, so you have no reason to not 4 person it. 

@EdTheDuck101 quote:

I take all your points, but I'd just like to add....

NM4 solo is all very easy and I'd like it to be made harder please.

They need to make a new mod that doesn't give more rewards that is well an actual difficulty. we don't need any more gear progression for a while. 

im not playing this month i was not expecting this carnival to be a 2 month thing 1 and 1/2 months at most  was my guess but as soon as i seen the monthly theres no reason to assume the new patch is coming till next month guess ill just hope it comes on the first

not sure what i will do but theres not exactly people lining up to play nm4 in the small tiny lobbies which if anyone even read my original post was the main issue and the games population has nose dived to maybe 10% of what it was when i made this thread lol

With the last enemy nerf, NM4 solo is definitely not too hard. I would say it's too easy. Tip: trap + frost isn't the best strategy for solo.