Sign in to follow this  
Woqini

Lag, lag and lag

Am i the only one experiencing insane lag in this game. I have no issues whatsoever in other games.

Running on a rocksolid cabled connection 40/12. Torrents and *** like that doesn't exist in this house.

Just did some speedtests and it turns out that connections to Ireland sucks ... a lot.

Tried different european speedtest servers. All running with low ping and full speed.

Other DD2 players from Denmark that have similar problems, after DD2 server was moved from Frankfurt to Ireland ??

@Woqini quote:

Am i the only one experiencing insane lag in this game. I have no issues whatsoever in other games.

Running on a rocksolid cabled connection 40/12. Torrents and *** like that doesn't exist in this house.

Just did some speedtests and it turns out that connections to Ireland sucks ... a lot.

Tried different european speedtest servers. All running with low ping and full speed.

Other DD2 players from Denmark that have similar problems, after DD2 server was moved from Frankfurt to Ireland ??

Ireland to me, seemed a very strange place to put the European server. 

Well I dont get lag but I get spikes because of random performance drops and just like you its only this game I could run every game on ultra settings of every game I own and not one problem and then theirs dd2 lol it's the game not your pc unless your pc is beast then you wont I lack a better processor but it still shouldnt do wht the game does to my pc because I have all above specs on wht it recommended hopefully they fix the game dragging out so much performance when it isnt even a very big game like it tries to be haha

I had some people in my FL list who stopped playing because of the lag. I have alot of disconnects though, same old lag like before (maybe abit worse). A few have really big issues with connecting to the game or a map now.

Ireland is awesome! But a server there :_D well.

Thanks for the input guys :)

My PC is more than capable with Haswell I7 4.4 Ghz - GTX970 - 16GB RAM

Every issue i have is network related. Matchmaking problens, searching for session, Can't join taverns, Can't leave games, insane lag with flying mobs and kobolds that starts climbing the stairways to heaven. Tooltips in inventory now showing.

The list is endless.

Ireland is a great location. Lowest lag I have experienced, no more teleporting and rubber banding.

Some of the things you guys are talking about are real extreme cases though. Like, worse than Europeans playing playing US extreme.

@Dani quote:

Ireland is a great location. Lowest lag I have experienced, no more teleporting and rubber banding.

Some of the things you guys are talking about are real extreme cases though. Like, worse than Europeans playing playing US extreme.

Extreme cases !!! you might as well laugh me right in the face :(

The conditions i am describing is EVERY SINGLE DAY

And remember, this is the ONLY game that i have issues with. All other games runs at full speed and no lag whatsoever.

I have a 31ms ping to ireland. And iam from mid germany. So i would say that you have a real extreme case there..

Maybe your ISP has some routing problems to ireland.

But yeah, ireland is a strange choice for a european server. but it works

@Woqini quote:

@Dani quote:

And remember, this is the ONLY game that i have issues with. All other games runs at full speed and no lag whatsoever.

I mean no disrespect. :)

When I say extreme case, I mean in terms of behaviour. The effects you are describing are extreme, as in the upper end of the scale of possible lag problems.

Encountering these issue every day, rather than rarely, means you have very serious ongoing issues.

Have you spoken to our customer service folks? If you are willing to go through our official channels, we can maybe take a deeper look into your problem, and maybe get a better idea of the scale of the issue, and hopefully begin to resolve it.

Lag sucks, and I hope we can help you get to bottom of it.

@Dani quote:

@Woqini quote:

@Dani quote:

I mean no disrespect. :)

When I say extreme case, I mean in terms of behaviour. The effects you are describing are extreme, as in the upper end of the scale of possible lag problems.

Encountering these issue every day, rather than rarely, means you have very serious ongoing issues.

Have you spoken to our customer service folks? If you are willing to go through our official channels, we can maybe take a deeper look into your problem, and maybe get a better idea of the scale of the issue, and hopefully begin to resolve it.

Lag sucks, and I hope we can help you get to bottom of it.

I dont have such strong issues, but i know some who have and really this should be fixed. There is definitiv a problem somewhere causing this.

@Dani quote:

I wonder why Dani.... I wonder why.... ;') 

Tonights gaming. Enemies walked underground in image 1. In image 2 everything was a mess. In image 3 the minimap went crazy.

This is different matches.

Just did some speedtests to ireland, germany, uk and sweden. 40 Mbit down / 11 Mbit up and pings from 26-32.

Im about to throw in the towel :(

AND AGAIN DD2 is the only game i have online issues with, so don't tell me it's on my side.

dun21.jpg

dun22.jpg

dun23.jpg

@Woqini quote:

Tonights gaming. Enemies walked underground in image 1. In image 2 everything was a mess. In image 3 the minimap went crazy.

This is different matches.

Just did some speedtests to ireland, germany, uk and sweden. 40 Mbit down / 11 Mbit up and pings from 26-32.

Im about to throw in the towel :(

AND AGAIN DD2 is the only game i have online issues with, so don't tell me it's on my side.

dun21.jpg

dun22.jpg

dun23.jpg

I don't think you understand

just because every other game is fine doesn't mean your connection to DD2, your isp, or any number of other factors can't make it your fault you lag on this game

Dont be so rude 

Since the servers moved to Ireland we´re experiencing lots of lags, positioning lags and rubberbanding.

Before it was sometimes bad, but now its all the time and much worse. I live in germany, so the old server

location was waaay better...