Sign in to follow this  
Childe_ANM

Mac vs PC and trading w/ new update

Hey Forums 

Its been quite a while since i have played or posted its good to see the changes and the familiar things around here still. So ill get right to it i am currently playing on the 7.50 version on mac with a few Mac players  and there is the whole deal with the mac and pc update.. Yea not gonna go there :/ BUT i have recently started playing a little bit here and have wondered where all the players went, i know theres gonna be a significant loss in players with pc being gone, my time zone does suck, however i have yet to find any games and nobody joins when i do. So if youre out here on the mac side of things, if youre playing and cant find anyone lets get together and play cause i miss this game and what it used to be for me back when everyone played. The other thing is the Trading  i played alot and traded alot and now im sitting here looking at amazing items and i know alot of players might want em but cant help but wonder how many Mac players are out there with the same problem and how do i look on the trade page and not get upset when i cant trade? I hope you understand im not ranting but trying to get advice, see if anyone has come up with an idea or maybe just maybe i hope iv overlooked something and would of course love to hear feedback. I know this update may not be new so maybe theres also a thread that sheds light and i havent been back long enough.. 

Cheers Defenders! 

Unfortunately there's really nothing that the community or the CDT can do to help on the Mac update. It sucks. I have several firends who play on Mac/Linux who haven't been able to play the game at all since August because, well... Moonbase isn't out yet for them. It's on Trendy to put out the Mac build, and they have their hands full with DD2 at the moment.

Once the Mac update comes out, you'll be able to do trading.

Truth be told, if you're willing to run Boot Camp, you can play DD to its fullest extent right now - you can just never play it without Boot Camp until the update comes out or you'll corrupt your save data.

If you have no other luck here, you might want to try in the Steam Community forums. I know that there is a small Mac community there, and if you ask in the discussions, if you make a thread they'll probably come around.

it's in Trendy's hands right now, while we will hopefully be able to get the mac/linux and PC versions back in sync, we don't know if/when it will happen.