Sign in to follow this  
Watchubleed

Thanks for throwing months of grinding in the trash

The reroll of all the gear was bs full legendary with hearty blockade turned into full ***ty dps gear even at ipwr 240 I can't beat a lvl with 40k blockade health. Scavenger should go a jump off the castle in ramparts cuz he's a waste of my time not to mention it took me 3 hours to find one piece of gear with hearty blockade. The only good thing was the 1mill in gold I got back from spheres. You guys nearly ruined the whole game for me.

Welcome to playing the Alpha version of a game.  It's not a finished product and therefore you should expect sudden and sometimes extreme changes.

@Watchubleed quote:

The reroll of all the gear was bs full legendary with hearty blockade turned into full ***ty dps gear even at ipwr 240 I can't beat a lvl with 40k blockade health. Scavenger should go a jump off the castle in ramparts cuz he's a waste of my time not to mention it took me 3 hours to find one piece of gear with hearty blockade. The only good thing was the 1mill in gold I got back from spheres. You guys nearly ruined the whole game for me.

Yeah feel you pain I really do. But as jobu stated, this is NOT a completed game and can be dynamic in its changes until it is ready for full release.  These changes are not necessarily game breaking(should not be).  While I can not speak on your time you have to play, you may want to play with some others until you get gear you need.  Unlike before, you most certainly have to play with the character you want gear for and rngezus is not kind or benevolent.  There are already people back up into nm4 so you might try and see if you can get a few pieces to help you get back into playing on your own.

Yeah I think some people are detached from the fact of the game being co-developed on PC and where they are trying to get PS4 users. 97% of information on this site is wasted because people don't read it and it's sad.

l

@dopluckywood@gmail.com quote:

Come on.  It took me one match and some skill point adjustment to have 300K+ walls again. Which aren't all that great but makes solo nightmare I and II possible

so in one match you were able to refarm all your hearty blockade gear?  Because when my gear re-rolled every piece lost its hearty blockage and they all went hero attack - no hero health or defense health.    

@pyro117 quote:

Come on.  It took me one match and some skill point adjustment to have 300K+ walls again. Which aren't all that great but makes solo nightmare I and II possible

so in one match you were able to refarm all your hearty blockade gear?  Because when my gear re-rolled every piece lost its hearty blockage and they all went hero attack - no hero health or defense health.    

2 guys  I play with had characters that were virtually untouched with regards to their passives.  My huntress had 2 pieces of gear with frosty and my monk had some HB on him.  So it might not totally be impossible that he managed to pull this off. 

@Flashertjeuh quote:

I just fell of my chair laughing, OP does not play mmorpgs i  hope.

This topic is nonsense 

Agree

@alch3mist9 quote:

This topic is nonsense 

Agree

I have played a few MMORPGS and to date I have NEVER had one reset all my gear to lower levels and then re-roll all the attributes to make them useless.  I can understand rolling them back to a lower level, but to randomize the stats instead of just lowering them to what would be acceptable on that lower IPWR level.    There is no way I can re-run 1 board and be back to 300K defense health(or have any builder in decent shape).  It will take hours/days to get decent gear back.

BTW - MOST MMOs that I have played just extend the level cap or add new weapons/armor that everyone wants - not make your current gear totally useless.

@pyro117 quote:

@alch3mist9 quote:

This topic is nonsense 

Agree

I have played a few MMORPGS and to date I have NEVER had one reset all my gear to lower levels and then re-roll all the attributes to make them useless.  I can understand rolling them back to a lower level, but to randomize the stats instead of just lowering them to what would be acceptable on that lower IPWR level.    There is no way I can re-run 1 board and be back to 300K defense health(or have any builder in decent shape).  It will take hours/days to get decent gear back.

BTW - MOST MMOs that I have played just extend the level cap or add new weapons/armor that everyone wants - not make your current gear totally useless.

Pyro what you say would be true if talking about an MMO that was in it's FINAL retail release.  This game isn't even in BETA so large changes are inevitable and should be understood at this point. It is not like we don't have precedence based on what PC players went through as well.  I imagine that you have played the game for sometime so you understand the rng related to gear.  You can farm for days for that PERFECT piece that has everything you want.  We aren't dealing with a static item with "set" attributes for every drop all players receive.  So lowering the iPwr while maintaining a player's "specific" passives they already had might not have been a easy change to make.  We don't know. And I have played PC MMOs in late alpha/early beta whose final look in feel was nothing like what made final release.  So I imagine we can agree to disagree that this change is something that should have been made and if players should work through them.

I went from Solo farm on NM4 Incursion to currently doing NM2 with group of friends.  My HB is just barely 100k currently.  Like my previous post I did manage to have some useful gear right after patch, I just had to switch around on my characters.  So you and I were the unlucky ones that just have to work through if we choose to get back on top. 

I was solo farming Nimbus Reach Onslaught Incursion to level 30 if I wanted.  Had over 400K walls and still looking for perfect gear.

However, Please understand that my complaint is the total reset of all attributes.   I have many other games I want to play right now and I am quite interested in games coming out soon.  I just do not have the time to start all over again - again.

As for how difficult it would have been for Trendy to just keep the attributes and set them to related IPWR level - nobody knows how difficult that would have been.  Trendy themselves would have to answer that.

Anybody know if the next patches/content updates will reset anything?  I seriously don't want to start over for a third time....

After cooling off a few days and pushing through the gut wrenching feeling of wasting time and effort.  Getting back to end game is becoming enjoyable again.  Ipwr explanation should of been addressed better. (Obviously) Take it from a player who had to go through 9 level 50 toons and reorganize accordingly.  

I mean the reality, again, for those upset that gear re-rolls happened....it's...an...alpha...release.  Lots of testing and changes are going to occur.  They ARE going to be dramatic.  They ARE going to change the way you play the game possibly.  They ARE going to test boundaries the developer hasn't tested.  If you don't like what is happening and don't want to roll gear or levels again, wait until final release...that sums it up.  There is a super solid chance that just before final release of the game, another Wipeaggedon will happen.  Because everything up to that point will be test information.  This is a normal occurrence and to expect otherwise is simply foolish.

First off did any of you read the patch notes when trendy released them cuz NOWHERE in there did they say the were going to reroll our gear. I just re-read the patch notes before posting this so I know I'm right. If I had known they were going to reroll my gear I would've filled my inventory with high lvl gear to have a better chance of not getting completely screwed.

This whole topic is a perfect example at why I laugh at all my friends who have grinded on this - I'm sorry but you should save your dedication like that until the game is finished, enjoy it but don't go to hardcore or you will kill your enjoyment of the game before its even out.

You do understand that once you beat the campaign the only objective left for you to do is grind out gear. So it's either you grind for gear or you just stop playing. 

First of all, you should have seen this coming as the PS4 is following the exact same steps as the PC did. We also had to go through the reroll. I would also add that it was worse for us as we had no idea it would happen until they announced it. As for PS4, you could have known when you started playing. I would have just got my 4 level 50s for the wippeagedon and then fill my bag with legendaries above iPW 240 then quit playing until the reset.

As for why they rerolled all the gears, it is because they changed the way loot is coded. There is a new loot coding system that will prevent future reroll. The new system will allow them to access our passives and do modifications to them without having to wipe them or reroll them. So it is pretty nice. It had to be done.

@Watchubleed quote:

You do understand that once you beat the campaign the only objective left for you to do is grind out gear. So it's either you grind for gear or you just stop playing. 

Well, it looks like we all know what you should have done then xD

@pyro117 quote:

Yes...  After the reroll all my gear (except my Totem) had crap Hearty Blockade.  After a single solo match in Nightmare I on Liferoot I had received three pieces of gear that dropped with Hearty at 3-5%.  

Then looking through the rest of the gear I had accumulated I found a lot of Hero Health stuff and after playing with the stats my blockade is at 298K (not quite 300K, but close enough to call it). 

Extremely lucky... maybe as subsequent matches have only replaced a couple pieces of gear and I still haven't found a totem that replaces my pre-patch one.  Walls are now 315K.

So you bought the game without reading the description? About how to expect wipes and what nots? Or never bothered to look at the forums to see what's happening with the game you bought for Early Access? 

Yet, you'll jump on to complain about something that you've been well warned about? Very strange. 

@Woxiess quote:

So you bought the game without reading the description? About how to expect wipes and what nots? Or never bothered to look at the forums to see what's happening with the game you bought for Early Access? 

Yet, you'll jump on to complain about something that you've been well warned about? Very strange. 

I love how everyone keeps saying it is Pre-Alpha/Alpha/not finished product...

However, the truth of the matter is that Trendy DID NOT need to completely re-roll all the items in your inventory - now did they?  They could have spent the time to lower the gear to the new iPWR level and keep the attributes currently on the gear (just lowering the values to match the current level).  I can't answer for the OP but that is my complaint.  I have a VERY unlucky (I guess only I) re-roll of all my gear.  Out of 50 pieces of gear in my inventory and 6 level 50 toons -> I can't create 1 toon with full defense stat gear.  The vast majority of my gear rolled as pure hero attack.

Months of grinding?  takes literally 1 week to get end game gear on all 4 characters.  And yes, im talking end game as in the right rolls for each classes.

Ya it is indeed frustrating to have these issues. However, as many have mentioned it was well known what was about to happen. I even did a how to prepare for the update video on my Youtube channel. My blockades went from 250k ish to about 40k ish so I feel your pain. Just run maps on NM3 for a few hours and you will be g2g to at least do NM4 Liferoot for better gear. 

As soon as Ascension arrived I started streaming and made it to NM3 incursion by the end of the stream. Had NM4 on farm and was inviting viewers by the end of my day 3 stream. Prolly about 8-10 hours of playtime into ascension.

Of course none of the reply posts make anyone that was unsuspecting feel any better about the whole thing. However, this update was a massive stepping stone towards what is currently a much better game on the PC.

Hang in there, the worst that happened just means you need to play more games. If you didn't love DD2 you probably would not have bothered to expend the energy it took to start this thread. There are bigger and better things incoming. Embrace it and look to what's next :)