Sign in to follow this  
Drew_Da_A-hole

Private Tavern... not so private

I don't even know why it is called that when i start a private match people should only be able to join by invitation . I really don't mind to help people and do so very often but what ever happened to a msg i don't think i have ever completed a single map without someone joining which wouldnt be a problem if they didnt want to just stand there and only move to collect loot so A-hole mode activated join my games without sending a msg and i will just keep booting even though i shouldnt have to

Yeah, during both private tavern and in games I have had people join. This needs to be fixed when the devs get a chance.

I am not sure I understand what you guys are asking them to fix?  Private is private to you and your friends.  The unfortunate thing for us PS4 users is that by design of the PSN Communities, randoms can join in on your sessions directly from the games listing in the community.  This is one reason I am considering leaving them now that enough of my friends play regularly.  This is not a fault or oversight of Trendy's but rather a half wit social implementation of Sony's.  People that I have on my friend list that aren't guys that I run DD2 regularly with most certainly always msg to see if it's cool to join,  

DD2 is the first game where we can't set our "private tavern" to invite only.  How many games have you played that does not allow an Invite only mode?

That functionality is what (I belive) to OP is referring to.  Another issue not mentioned is that in my private tavern if one of my friends join, then any of their friends can join through them (including the communities they belong to).  

Basically, the solution is to allow an option for an Invite only mode/option.  This can be easily achieved with a networking mode option in the game options menu -> Private Tavern - allow friends or Invite only.  That would solve it.

Was wondering about this myself. Was going through the stuff my scavenger picked up and heard some guy clear his throat and ask me if I was going to run anything. In my "Private" game mode. Sad to see I'm not alone...

If you need help with progression: I've seen quite a few posts lately about people having trouble with progression and just wanted to say add me on psn Drew_Da_A-hole if you need help i can show you builds that worked for me or just join me when im farming nm4 up to you...

GUes someone can't handle the fame!

Quick fix... leave communities before starting ur app. Then join them after you started. Doing this will keep ur game session from being listed on the "Now playing " list, and allow you to continue to read/post on the community page. I did it all the time when I needed to keep randoms from joining my onslaught games when I would be sleepin.

Yeah was having this issue I can't wait for them to put in a option to set tavern to invite only - with that  said am I the only one whos noticed the options menu in DD2 is very lacking compared to other games... (hint hint TE, get on that screen resizing etc, we know you are watching us!! :P)

@Djmilos quote:

If you need help with progression: I've seen quite a few posts lately about people having trouble with progression and just wanted to say add me on psn Drew_Da_A-hole if you need help i can show you builds that worked for me or just join me when im farming nm4 up to you...

GUes someone can't handle the fame!

Pre-update lol

I'll also toss myself into the ring as well.  I am generally soloing or running with a few friends.  Send me a message to see if room obviously.  Add me odawg242.   Currently squeaking through nm3 trying to get back to normal status