Sign in to follow this  
JayDawg

Split Screen on PS4

Hi, I'm new here so this may have been discussed elsewhere but is anyone else having issues playing multi-player split screen?  I bought the beta ($14.99) yesterday cause my son and I LOOOOOOOVED DD1 but I can't seem to get split screen to work. It's saying that player 2 needs a psn account in order to play. Surely this isn't the case? Thanks in advance. 

It is the case. Unlike in dd1 each controller needs an account. You don't need ps plus for it to work, so all you have to do is create the account. If it's an issue with his age you can restrict the account through parental controls.

I was personally sadden by this because I loved soloing with 4 active characters in dd1. Made leveling alts and gearing them a breeze, not to mention the added difficulty of enemies.

@JayDawg quote:

Hi, I'm new here so this may have been discussed elsewhere but is anyone else having issues playing multi-player split screen?  I bought the beta ($14.99) yesterday cause my son and I LOOOOOOOVED DD1 but I can't seem to get split screen to work. It's saying that player 2 needs a psn account in order to play. Surely this isn't the case? Thanks in advance. 

First off I have to be the one to mention its a Pre-Alpha not Beta, which means expect alot more issues.
Split screen is very tempter-mental for my girlfriend and I when we play - there is a glitch sometimes that says "user needs PS+" if you ever get that restart the application.

as for "the Playstation network is unavailable for the user attempting to join spilt screen" did you just make another user or did you make him a full blown PSN account because making another user will not just work you need to make sure you get it online as either a main account or a sub account under yours.

Yeah, I realize it's beta. I'm not mad that its not working I was just asking if there was an issue that I'm doing wrong.

As for the 2nd player, it's just a user on my account. So it will not work with this?  The other account must be a psn account? That's pretty messed up and i hope that changes, as we played DD1 on a user account :(

@JayDawg quote:

Yeah, I realize it's beta. I'm not mad that its not working I was just asking if there was an issue that I'm doing wrong.

As for the 2nd player, it's just a user on my account. So it will not work with this?  The other account must be a psn account? That's pretty messed up and i hope that changes, as we played DD1 on a user account :(

It's a simple fix all you need is a valid email address to make a psn account and it works perfectly as i always play splitscreen i can verify.