Sign in to follow this  
I_PASS_BUTTER

iPWR Changes in Ascension.

As many of you have noticed, we made some changes to NM difficulty with this patch, and with it came corresponding changes with iPWR. 

We made some changes to how Nightmare works, but since they were never in the Patch notes, unfortunately, they were overlooked. I apologize for not getting these changes into the patch notes, as they were messaged differently for the PC. I will shortly be taken behind the chemical sheds, and shot...

Free Play and Nightmare maps have been organized into 3 blocks

• Each block represents a different map difficulty and will awared progressively better loot and XP. Map order here is very different from Campaign. For Example, Forest Crossroads is in the first block of maps and Liferoot Forest is in the second. 

Nightmare maps have been rebalanced for solo play

• We reduced the number of threat lanes for solo players on more complicated maps. We've also increased the reduction in enemy level for less than 4 players. 

Nightmare rollback

• When these changes came out on the PC version, there was a problem with NM being too easy. To that effect, there has been a rollback for Nightmare gear. All gear with iPWR 241+ will be rerolled to iPWR 240. Stats and passives may also change, as a foundation for Loot V2. 

Please let us know if there are any further questions. I will do my best to answer them, or get someone in here who can! :)

Yes, I can understand the rollback but why were all the stats just randomly re-assigned?

At this time, I had full iPWR 800+ legendary gear on some of my toons with good/great defense stats.  Now my gear is iPWR 240 but all the defense stats are gone.  My huntress dedicated to traps now has all hero gear stats where it was all defense gear stats.

Seriously, So far all of my toons are mixed up and have useless gear on them.  I am going to have to start the grind over at the beginning not at iPWR 240 where I should be able to start.

Please explain....

[[3219,users]]

I had the same thing happen to me but didn't have any issues with it. All I did was build as normal and stick my huntress in high threat lanes. After one run I had enough dp to not worry about. Most passive aren't needed until nm 4. Perfect or near perfect rolls most certainly aren't needed until you are doing nm4 incursion.

Yes, you lost a lot of time invested, but it shouldn't take that many runs to get you back into the real endgame with a little outside the box thinking. 

The key thing to remember is that this is an alpha, your time invested will be crapped on repeatedly. Unless trendy says otherwise you can expect it to happen at least 2 more times.

This ipwr information/details would of definitely soften'd the blow.  

Now the next real issue is this Font size?  Seriously my eyes hurt.

@Nodnarb quote:

pyro

I had the same thing happen to me but didn't have any issues with it. All I did was build as normal and stick my huntress in high threat lanes. After one run I had enough dp to not worry about. Most passive aren't needed until nm 4. Perfect or near perfect rolls most certainly aren't needed until you are doing nm4 incursion.

Yes, you lost a lot of time invested, but it shouldn't take that many runs to get you back into the real endgame with a little outside the box thinking. 

The key thing to remember is that this is an alpha, your time invested will be crapped on repeatedly. Unless trendy says otherwise you can expect it to happen at least 2 more times.

Downgraded to iPwr 240 - fine.  I can understand that but to fully re-roll all attributes making all my characters useless ....  Well hopefully you can understand my frustration.

I would love to hear if what happened to my gear is how they intended the re-roll to be or some kind of bug - before I start trying again.