Sign in to follow this  
Jamesrobertson19@live.com

LETS START A PETITION TO VOTE FOR DD BACK ON PS3 ONLINE!!!

I don't get it, haven't the millions of other posts got your attention, the CDT does NOT have the money for that, they are volunteers. This is futile tbh.

A petition will be pointless because the reason PS3 no longer has online is because company that controlled the service that enabled the online play for PS3 (And also for the DRM-Free PC version) went out of business. A new master server and online subsystem would have to be developed from scratch. Only Trendy could do something like that and it would be a ton of work and thus very expensive. The whole reason that PS3 used gamespy in the first place is to save Trendy the work and cost of having to develop their own online subsystem.

What they're saying is the cost to put the upgrade on ps3 isn't worth it.

Alhanalem gave the reason, sadly you're just going to have to accept it. It's too much work for an Indie company working on another title to do. It's definitely not something a few volunteers are going to be able to do. I'd recommend the change to PC if you can. 

Wasn't Playverse already designed for DDE and DD2? Hypothetically (as in no crazy expensive patch cost) they could use a modified version of Playverse for consoles...

Just to mess with people.....I vote for DD online on PS3. :) Will it happen though...not without a miracle and probably roughly 60K to throw at trendy...