Sign in to follow this  
OtterDarkness

[Question]Should Lab Assault Reward Pristine?

Please feel free to post your opinions here and also fill out this poll

To clarify: Currently Lab Assault has zero chance to reward pristine armor(helm,gloves,chest, or boots). When we say Lab Assault could reward pristine it would mean that it would now have a similar chance to drop pristine type helm, gloves or boots to any other armor type/piece.

As much as I would love to have easier and more reliable access to pristine, I feel like buffing survival would be more beneficial. Putting pristine in lab assault would effectively kill any reason to run survival for armor. Once survival isn't only used for farming pristine and weapons, I would be okay with adding pristine to Lab Assault.

Simple answer... no! Let us hardcore players something left to be proud about. Lab already gives way too much and too good armor for its difficulty. It would be fair enough if weapons like Crystal Tracker / BF Drill would refuse their job on Lab. I already hear the complaints if they would.

You want pristine armor? Go farm something else than Lab. I actually would even prefer if Lab gets completely his own armor type like the Warping Core challenges with its Zamira type.

Adavantages:

Hardcore players are still able to farm their ***... too be proud about something. The new beginners and stat ****** (strong word, not to offend someone) have also an easier time get a full set :) Win-win?

@uticontra quote:

I feel like buffing survival would be more beneficial. Putting pristine in lab assault would effectively kill any reason to run survival for armor. Once survival isn't only used for farming pristine and weapons, I would be okay with adding pristine to Lab Assault.

Survival is fine... I do run it continuously, much more than Lab. I get the similar results for running either survival or (letting me run through) Lab.

Edit features still missing after 2(?) years of the new forums? Jeez... fire that guru already which is responsible for such ***ty forums and move back to something more reliable.

387F9C4743DDE63BAD4022169D1E726443A943AF

( post above: as ... weak ... as these boards are, they do have an edit function... its in the top right corner of your post. click the icon with the three dots for a submenu.)

To people speaking against this:

You realize that there is absolutely zero difference between "Pristine" armor and any of the other armor sets right? There is no difference in stats potential betwen the core armor sets. The only  thing pristine armor does is allow you to say "I have pristine armor" and has a different icon/pickup graphic.

This is mostly just a matter of consistency. No other map or challenge discriminates against any particular armor type (and likely, if this was any map other than lab assault, not a soul would actually care about this issue).

Also, keep in mind, with new stuff we put out in the future, you may be doing lab assault less.... :D

@Alhanalem quote:

( post above: as ... weak ... as these boards are, they do have an edit function... its in the top right corner of your post. click the icon with the three dots for a submenu.)

You realize that there is absolutely zero difference between "Pristine" armor and any of the other armor sets right? There is no difference in stats potential betwen the core armor sets. The only  thing pristine armor does is allow you to say "I have pristine armor" and has a different icon/pickup graphic.

This is mostly just a matter of consistency. No other map or challenge discriminates against any particular armor type (and likely, if this was any map other than lab assault, not a soul would actually care about this issue).

Also, keep in mind, with new stuff we put out in the future, you may be doing lab assault less.... :D

Yes I do believe that everyone knows that. This is just one of those weird things for some people including me. 

@Alhanalem quote:

I know that there is an edit function... anyways I'm not able to format anything there nor to add a pictures / link. All the features we have to format our posts are missing. However, I actually don't want to discuss about this.

@Alhanalem quote:

Despite what you are saying... there is more than being able to say "I have pristine armor". We can say "Lab Assault wasn't the map to farm that kind of stats". It's some kind of proof to not have used cheap tactics to get that high stats many have with Pristine armor. I and I guess many others wouldn't have an issue with the addition of Pristine armor if it would have been fixed within a week (or even a month) of its release. Now, after 2(?) years, it's a bit late. We have found a way to honor pristine type armor and dealt with it.

For the same reason you are saying there is no difference, I do ask you and the ones who agree to this change; Since there is "no" difference, why would you like to see it fixed now... after 2 years? Let's say it gets fixed what does it means for whose who farmed it for armor? There are 4 more armor pieces, if you were in need of Leather Gloves you've had a chance of 1/16, now it would be 1/20. So you basically agree to make Lab Assault "harder". Well, "harder" is the wrong word, Lab is quite easy.

The whole farming is already cut down to Lab Assault because it does not really require a strategy nor mediocre stats. New players are able to reach easily 4-5k stats within a few days.

@Alhanalem quote:Also, keep in mind, with new stuff we put out in the future, you may be doing lab assault less.... :D

Does that mean we will get new stuff which is even better than stuff from Lab? Instead of buffing other parts/maps of the game to get a variety of played maps, I would just nerf the single map which gives way too good stuff. Lab Assault. As said on a previous post, the rewards would be fine on Lab Assault if it wouldn't be so kinda cheap to kill the EVs by the environment. It's a much harder challenge if you are fighting them regularly but then... this will encourage the hackers, even more than now.

So please nerf Lab instead of creating more overpowered stuff or give us a purpose for our overpowered stuff... still waiting for "Your Worst Nightmare".

Sorry for derailing, kinda nervous about more op stuff.

So please nerf Lab instead of creating more overpowered stuff or give us a purpose for our overpowered stuff... still waiting for "Your Worst Nightmare".

There are 4 more armor pieces, if you were in need of Leather Gloves you've had a chance of 1/16, now it would be 1/20. So you basically agree to make Lab Assault "harder". Well, "harder" is the wrong word, Lab is quite easy.

Referring to this, wouldn't it be nerfing lab to add pristine to its rewards?

@Akasame quote:

Referring to this, wouldn't it be nerfing lab to add pristine to its rewards?

no <.<

The chance of drop and the quality of items are different concepts. You don't think so?

The addition of pristine would only increase the number of runs necessary for compiling a set and reduce space in the Box, but the stuff will still be overpowered.

If we are picky... yes that would be a "nerf". Needless to say I wasn't talking about such a "nerf". Lab gives way too good gear already, adding more good stuff to construe a lower drop chance for specific items and call it a nerf is a bad idea for obvious reasons. LOL

I was actually talking about lowering stats and drop chances of Trans+ on this way too easy map.

EDIT: Mashka ninja'd :)
EDIT2: I seriously like more and more the idea of an exclusive armor type for Lab Assault like Zamira :)

I do ask you and the ones who agree to this change; Since there is "no" difference, why would you like to see it fixed now... after 2 years?

Because

1) It's a bug and wasn't ever intended in the first place

2) You aren't going to be doing lab assault forever, so the issue it created and the indicator that someone worked to farm the items w ill fade over time anyway, because the more new content we introduce, the more common Pristine will become (because any new maps won't have this bug)

3) it is currently harder than intended to complete a Pristine set, which also makes it easier than intended to complete other armor sets. It makes a lot of sense to bring this into balance because completing a non-pristine set is probably too easy in comparison at this time. Additionally, some players may be confused by completing a mythical/trans pristine set earlier in endgame, then they get to lab assault and wonder why they never see it again (because, as I said, there isn't a single other level that doesn't drop a particular type of armor)

Except at the very beginning of the game where there is some difference, throughout most of the rest of the game there is no difference in rarity between the armor sets and I think that should remain consistent.

> So please nerf Lab instead of creating more overpowered stuff or give us a purpose for our overpowered stuff...

We want to nerf lab assault (if the community will let us). Once people stop using it as much, though, the rarity of Pristine will decrease. So even if we don't make this consistency change, eventually pristine items won't be the kind of indicator to you that they are now.

> Referring to this, wouldn't it be nerfing lab to add pristine to its rewards?

It would nerf it slightly, because it would take a little longer to complete any set in particular.

Appreciate all the comments from everyone.  Feel free to keep voting.  After posting this we realize we actually will want to get a broader idea of how people prefer loot drops and where to farm any and all items so we will create another survey for that soon.  Please stay posted to provide your input on that in a few days.