Sign in to follow this  
Chappyy

The last Dev stream saddens me once more.

@Harbinger PS4 quote:

@Chappyy quote:

So let's sum up somethings real quick. Major patch focus oct, new content, nov, new content, dec, new content and a shout out to loot. Now the first major patch in 2016, new content. Mean while the community is going nuts over balance changes and unfinished work not to mention that which shall not be mentioned (by me at least)

There were some things mentioned that sounded cool but we can't play concepts.

Just really disappointed that even thought there is all this talk about fun, we are still not seeing anything done about the things that are ruining fun. Come on new old guy (I'm 40 so i get to call people old) turn the ship!

Disappointed at what? You said; "things that are ruining the fun...." Such as? You simply sound like a child, if you can't even give constructive feedback...

You sound like you came to the forums for the first time this morning at 9:42AM and assumed that all conversations also started this morning.  Well, Donny, life does not stop and start at your convenience.  I can end my post with a passive aggressive ellipsis to: If you don't even know how to check someone's post history...

Nothing there sounds childish. Unless you're trying to suggest that any kind of complaining is childish..

We've written all out our constructive feedback so many times already that not many of us can face writing it out again. We've been over it, given good solid suggestions to fix things or simply pointed out game breakers in a perfectly reasonable manner. You can't expect people to keep writing the same things over and over again. It feels like banging your head against the wall.

@batoutofhe11 quote:

I_PASS_BUTTER

any response to the other stuff said in this forum about the content not EVER getting fixing, or other game breaking features like just about everything else in game? 

cause i'm sure the game play numbers dropping rapidly is no cause for concern. *last i checked it was at 1,700 and it's been falling almost 200 or more weekly, and that's after you gave away 10,000 free copies. 

Would you mind giving a few examples of said content not ever getting fixed and the other game breaking features? I have a few issue that have been reported but yet to be fixed however that's because they aren't major in the grand scheme of things.

Numbers dropping rapidly is a cause for concern but you can't think that it's just due to bugs. It's one reason for it yes but you have to consider other factors such as...

1. The game is currently unfinished so people are either waiting for more before playing or are currently burnt out
  2. Other releases are taking up peoples time. 
  3. People will play DD2 sporadically instead of consistently, the F2P model is perfect for diving in and out of games at will

I would love to see the numbers come back up in the game and I'm sure they will especially when major patches drop and then hopefully even more once the game is released as there is alot of stigma around early access games (with good reason)

@Argick quote:

@batoutofhe11 quote:

I_PASS_BUTTER

any response to the other stuff said in this forum about the content not EVER getting fixing, or other game breaking features like just about everything else in game? 

cause i'm sure the game play numbers dropping rapidly is no cause for concern. *last i checked it was at 1,700 and it's been falling almost 200 or more weekly, and that's after you gave away 10,000 free copies. 

Would you mind giving a few examples of said content not ever getting fixed and the other game breaking features? I have a few issue that have been reported but yet to be fixed however that's because they aren't major in the grand scheme of things.

Numbers dropping rapidly is a cause for concern but you can't think that it's just due to bugs. It's one reason for it yes but you have to consider other factors such as...

1. The game is currently unfinished so people are either waiting for more before playing or are currently burnt out
  2. Other releases are taking up peoples time. 
  3. People will play DD2 sporadically instead of consistently, the F2P model is perfect for diving in and out of games at will

I would love to see the numbers come back up in the game and I'm sure they will especially when major patches drop and then hopefully even more once the game is released as there is alot of stigma around early access games (with good reason)

I stand by my claim that the numbers are low due to hero deck, underpowered towers, matchmaking, and a lack of strategic need to win.  Also like to point out that those are things we have been asking to get fixed for a very long time.

I_PASS_BUTTER

i'll do this like a sandwich. 

first something good...the graphics are good.

now all the fillings

1. the item stats aren't as inclusive

2. pet/armor training/upgrading

3. the changing of the lane spawner to only spawning of mostly goblins and bomb goblins in lanes with one random big enemy.

4a. the meta gamestyle that says you must be trap + frostboost tower

4b. the non meta towers you don't pay attention to and continue to ignore (dummy, boost, earth shatter, etc)

5a. that you did away with the skill point system for the spheres

5b. the useless uber spheres themselves

6. not a game issue, but an issue just the same. the fact you don't almost ever do polls anymore. how many did you have in total? like maybe 10, in a year and half at least, with huge time between them. 

7. the fact you got payment options in before you got it balanced properly

8. the fact that you center all the game content around micro transactions

i'd agree with you that maybe the numbers are going down cause people are taking breaks, but that's not how the trend is going. it's just falling, comes back up a bit at updates, then falls even farther then it was before. 

and i never said anything about the numbers affected by the bugs. i said, or at the very least, heavily hinted towards the bad content/boring fun gameplay being the culprit. 

gotta end on a good thing, so I do like that you are bringing back moba heroes possibly, hopefully. 

although i am concerned you'll make it pay to get. 

i also do like the weapon weight idea. 

@Pachipachio quote:

If someone's going to be rude in the forum like that I would have expected them to be around enough to know what's being talked about

Can't really use the excuse "well I don't read everything" AND have the arrogance to feel comfortable enough with the information in the community to call someone out so harshly 

Yeah you tell him, that's my job.

@Chappyy quote:

I stand by my claim that the numbers are low due to hero deck, underpowered towers, matchmaking, and a lack of strategic need to win.  Also like to point out that those are things we have been asking to get fixed for a very long time.

Bingo!

Btw here's a new Carnival stage for your troubles.

I think it's more frustration than hate. Most of the people who makes these comments are probably from pre-alpha days like myself. What I'd like to know, is why we would be interesting in a new map/hero when it's more than likely still going to be trap/frost? We just want our ability to build more than the "meta" Trendy. Please give it back to us.

Didn't play since november and after this stream i don't think i'm going to launch the game anytime soon, you can't be surprised the players base is falling fast each months, the game is just not fun to play at it's core mainly because it's so unbalanced, there is way too many useless difficulty, normal is just plain boring to play for new players etc anyways this has been said 2 billions time on this forum so .... let's hope they can recover this year.

@Chappyy quote:
@Argick quote:
@batoutofhe11 quote:

I_PASS_BUTTER

Snip

Snip

Yep, these are issues that need to be fixed but in a specific order imo

1. Matchmaking, the easier and friendlier this is the better
  2. Lack of strategy and underpowered towers, I've put these together since it forms the meta and fixing one partially fixes the other.
  3. Hero deck, personally not an issue that will make me quit the game but an issue that I am interesting in because I want to see how Trendy handle it.

They are indeed things that have been asked to get fixed for a long time but do go back to a few months ago when we had smaller towers and no builds. It was a dark time then, RIP Flamethrowers. Things are not perfect right now but Trendy have been taking steps to improve it. Hopefully this year we will see even more changes but sooner.

@Argick quote:

@Chappyy quote:
@Argick quote:
@batoutofhe11 quote:

I_PASS_BUTTER

Snip

Snip

Yep, these are issues that need to be fixed but in a specific order imo

1. Matchmaking, the easier and friendlier this is the better
  2. Lack of strategy and underpowered towers, I've put these together since it forms the meta and fixing one partially fixes the other.
  3. Hero deck, personally not an issue that will make me quit the game but an issue that I am interesting in because I want to see how Trendy handle it.

They are indeed things that have been asked to get fixed for a long time but do go back to a few months ago when we had smaller towers and no builds. It was a dark time then, RIP Flamethrowers. Things are not perfect right now but Trendy have been taking steps to improve it. Hopefully this year we will see even more changes but sooner.

Let me start by saying I think your priority list is probably what is best for the game.

For me personally the order needs to be your #2,3,1 (since I solo mostly MM doesn't hurt my game play much). That order I think will land this game right in that zone were it is fun to play in the state that it is in. I also like to point out that there are a lot of people that keep using the "it's in alpha" phrase. I think this is all the more reason that it has to be at it's core fun to play. If I am enjoying a game that is in alpha I can look past most of the missing pieces. Then when a feature or change happens it is more of a bonus than "about time". It is a grind game and people will grind as long as it is fun to them. I really think the numbers are low because average and casual players (after they get past the first few hours of ZOMG THIS GAME IS SO AWESOME) are looking at the current grind and saying "This is not worth my time to grind, it's lost its fun." That is why every major attempt to get numbers up ie free key give away and going F2P have huge spikes and a huge fall off. It's not because it is Alpha there are so many EA alpha games out that have lots of people playing them and frankly some of those games are not as far along as DD2.

While I agree that the game still needs a major balance patch, and this game isn't like a dota game, where a new hero will offset the major meta, well it may. but they need to make huge balance passes to make it possible to play with out a gigantic life that is the squire baracade. They need to have more than one way that a defensive measure not just multiple offence patterns. The biggest issue with the game is that every game feels the same, where you live or die by how tanky the squire's baracade is. Enemies damage is too high. 

The player base is too spread out for a co-op game the ipwr in items are to wide of a range. Items need to drop worth while on all difficulties like diablo 3 does now. So if I play NM1 with a buddy a nightmare 4 character would have some benefit. In ITEMS not just gold. 

There is some fundamental balance changes, right now the game is far too grind heavy and the player base spread in ipwr is way too spread out and it makes it hard to find a group to sit down and just chill and play. 

Just watched the latest dev stream and it was more of the same. Basically a 50 min commercial for the next content update in the hopes to drum up excitement to come spend money. Let me clarify something first, the design and concept to include the money making scheme is ok with me. I think it is cool way to try and earn money but I'm not interested in it at all. My problem is that it consumed the whole stream. When I heard a topic come up that I have been waiting to hear about from the question forums, we got a very vague non-informative answer that just left me bummed. This is how bad it has gotten. I don't get to watch the dev stream live I have to wait till sat morning with my coffee. Usually I can get a preview on the forums of what went down on the stream. This time no one talked about anything except the

@gigazelle quote:

inevitable complaints and moaning on the forums

So I already knew it wasn't going to be good. So I am done with the dev streams they are basically a waist of an hour and now we have to wait two weeks to see if the next stream is going to tell us anything exciting. I can already tell you the next stream is going to be a waist of time because it is going to be a 50 stream previewing the abyssal lord. Why do I need to see a 50 min stream about a hero you are going to release to us shortly to play? I just keep getting more and more negative because there is never anything positive to turn me around.  I am going to just wait for patch notes and read.