Sign in to follow this  
Tristaris

Am I the only one who is hesitant about new Heroes?

@huntn4it quote:

@Tristaris quote:

@huntn4it quote:

get off it.... without something to make them money DD2 will be DDCanceled by the end of FY16.

You're absolutely blind if you think my concern is about money. 

In fact you're so far out in left field, you should think about your posts a bit more clearly, before you voice an opinion, while trying to tell someone to do something. 

It's not about money. It's never been about money. It's about what I, the consumer, think about a game I am quite passionate about, and wanting to see its success, and want to see the sequel to DD1, do as well or even better than it has. 

Highlighted some key points in your OP for you to see which of us is blind.

What's the big deal with DLC costing money, anyway?  Want free? Play vanilla characters on vanilla maps.  Want DLC?  Support the developers with your cash.

It's not about it costing money. I just told you in my reply it wasn't about that at all. 

It's about them explicitly stating no P2W advantages (and yes, heroes whether you believe it or not, are an advantage) and then juggling a different idea entirely. 

I have no problems with supporting the developers, and think I have quite well thus far. What I do have problems with is companies stating one thing, and then doing a 180 and going back on ***. 

More specifically though, stating one thing as the reason for not giving us X content and then stating the exact opposite thing for Y content 

It's bad not just because being hypocritical just for the sake of it is bad... it's bad because they've shown to be hypocritical in their communicating with us 

(Using the legendary pet eggs from months ago vs today's hero discussion as the evidence)

It's just kind of underhanded, you know?  That's why people are upset with trendy.  They talk all high and mighty about their communication with the 'community' and they've let slip that they have real reasons for things that they don't communicate with us

Like the pet thing - it's obvious now, looking back, they didn't make a legendary pet egg because gambling mechanics earn more money. 

What's funny (to me) is that they could have said that instead of pigeonholing themselves into some bull*** moral-high grounded excuse of "it'd be p2w and we're really against p2w content" 

It's annoying to be reminded of the sincerity with which they spoke about legendary pets being p2w if they had them in an egg because it was bull***.  

I wouldn't be nearly as upset (and still not really all that upset tbh, more upset about their design/balance philosophies) if they hadn't gone back on something they tried hard to get white knight points for by trying to be so sincere and thoughtful of the anti-p2w crowd's opinions... when it was just because it served their purpose at the time and now it doesn't and we see them go back on their morally high grounded crapola 

@Pachipachio quote:

More specifically though, stating one thing as the reason for not giving us X content and then stating the exact opposite thing for Y content 

It's bad not just because being hypocritical just for the sake of it is bad... it's bad because they've shown to be hypocritical in their communicating with us 

(Using the legendary pet eggs from months ago vs today's hero discussion as the evidence)

It's just kind of underhanded, you know?  That's why people are upset with trendy.  They talk all high and mighty about their communication with the 'community' and they've let slip that they have real reasons for things that they don't communicate with us

Like the pet thing - it's obvious now, looking back, they didn't make a legendary pet egg because gambling mechanics earn more money. 

What's funny (to me) is that they could have said that instead of pigeonholing themselves into some bull*** moral-high grounded excuse of "it'd be p2w and we're really against p2w content" 

It's annoying to be reminded of the sincerity with which they spoke about legendary pets being p2w if they had them in an egg because it was bull***.  

I wouldn't be nearly as upset (and still not really all that upset tbh, more upset about their design/balance philosophies) if they hadn't gone back on something they tried hard to get white knight points for by trying to be so sincere and thoughtful of the anti-p2w crowd's opinions... when it was just because it served their purpose at the time and now it doesn't and we see them go back on their morally high grounded crapola 

This pretty much hit the nail on the head. I have no issues paying money in support of a game that I enjoy. This new discussion also make me wonder if they will blur the lines that they have said they didn't want to cross in the future. Lets say for instance the new boost that will become available for a limited time during the carnival. Well if they get a good amount of money during this limited time event maybe they will make boost a regular part of the game. As long as f2p players have a means to acquire the boost it should be fair right? Also, they said something about the boost being placed on the ground and being useable by anyone on the map making  the paid advantage line being a little more blurred.

I'm sure some will disagree and say Trendy with my opinions, but once you successfully cross this paid advantage line and the public resistance is minimal or maybe its met with open arms. Wouldn't this make crossing that line again in the future that much easier, even to the point it becomes common place such as seen in many f2p games that offer cash shop advantages?