Sign in to follow this  
Gnuy Niy

Guess i am not coming back in 2016. Hero deck will have max 3? what?

@Zuqual quote:

....How about scaling the amount of loot per person based on group size.  Would double drops for a four player group be enough to promote team play in a world without the hero deck?  I think so.

They have done this!
When you play solo there are fewer creatures racing suicidally towards the crystals. As a result there are fewer drops.
Still removing the hero deck will make it partially P2W as more slots can potentially make the game easier.

Interested to see how this works out with the community.   Just keep in mind, once the new characters come out it won't matter if you have 4 cards per deck anyway.  Assuming they go from 4 heroes to 7, you still only have room for 4 of them.  The point is, you won't be able to bring EVERY character to battle no matter what.

The Trendy hath spoken

@JoeBeezy1 quote:

The Problem is without a hero deck you are free to bring any combination of hero’s you want which does not promote team play. The idea would be to join forces with other people to defend and mix match the best combination everybody has.  If everybody has every combination you might as well just throw out the multiplayer aspect of the game.

Since they are going to add more hero’s they will need to balance this to promote group play but not kill solo play.  Having only 3 hero slots (assuming) and 8 heroes would in my opinion be a terrible idea that kills solo play.

I like having at least a 1 to 1 ratio of hero’s and deck slots.  It allows you to solo play and allows you to mix and match a deck based on group play.

As I normally state, you don't need to promote team play. People will play co-op if the game is fun. Plain and simple, people like multiplayer games. They don't need to promote anything but fun game play.

@Chappyy quote:

As I normally state, you don't need to promote team play. People will play co-op if the game is fun. Plain and simple, people like multiplayer games. They don't need to promote anything but fun game play.

+1

Remove that deck lol. Well I guess this will never happen though -.-

@Doctor_neo quote:
@Pachipachio quote:
@Doctor_neo quote:

Everyone hates the hero deck... I mean it would be nice being able to bring my 7 builders.. but that would make the game way too easy..

Don't really see the issue...

What would your 7 builders build that would make the game so much easier?

Whatever they wanted, there is 7 of them.

How's that make the game so much easier though?

You can't build more DU than a 3 builder deck and you can't build OP combos that a 3 builder deck can't

All you'd do is trade some DU out of something into something else... how does that make the game so much easier?

@Doctor_neo quote:

I frequently join public games in NM4 incursion with 3 builders, people join, i ask "do you have walls?" or "do you have SA?" depending on which builder i haven't bought and I haven't once been let down.

You're quite lucky then -.-

When I ask "do you have walls", people usually say no or "yes, but only 200k-".

"SA then" -> he places a tiny SA that can't even cover one lane on gates.

"Frost?" -> 30 FP-, no FF staff.

Hard to trust others unfortunately. When I meet someone who has decent stuffs, I am lucky and happy. 

@Pachipachio quote:

How's that make the game so much easier though?

You can't build more DU than a 3 builder deck and you can't build OP combos that a 3 builder deck can't

All you'd do is trade some DU out of something into something else... how does that make the game so much easier?

When I play solo, I want to bring at least 4 builders: traps/frost/walls/sa.

SA is the easiest to trade for a DPS character. So yes it isn't mandatory to bring more 3 builders and NM4 is still doable with 3 builders. However, each hero have defenses that have specific roles or particular advantages. Auras for support, Squire for walls and physical dmg towers, etc.

Limiting the number you can bring in solo limits the build and the creativity. HD should be remove at least for solo playing. The HD is supposed to promote cooperation right? Well unfortunately there is no cooperation while you play solo. The HD has no purpose except limiting the player in solo.

@alexstonge25 quote:

When I play solo, I want to bring at least 4 builders: traps/frost/walls/sa.

SA is the easiest to trade for a DPS character. So yes it isn't mandatory to bring more 3 builders and NM4 is still doable with 3 builders. However, each hero have defenses that have specific roles or particular advantages. Auras for support, Squire for walls and physical dmg towers, etc.

Limiting the number you can bring in solo limits the build and the creativity. HD should be remove at least for solo playing. The HD is supposed to promote cooperation right? Well unfortunately there is no cooperation while you play solo. The HD has no purpose except limiting the player in solo.

I agree, but the point I was trying to illustrate wasn't that because NM4 is doable with 3 then the hero deck is good

The post you quoted was making the point that removing the hero deck wont make the game super easy.  Using your example, trading a 20 DU trap that gets boosted by frosty towers for a serenity aura whose damage doesn't get boosted by frosty isn't game breaking

I sincerely doubt 'balance' would be hit at all if the hero deck was removed.  Definitely not for multiplayer.  All it is, imo, is a frustrating mechanic which I think we agree with

The hero deck serves a lot of purposes, and serves them quite well. The trouble is that it isn't currently utilised in the way it was intended (so far as I believe). The problems it aims to address:

• Having a single person build everything, with the others being essentially dead weight/leechers/dps
  • Strong advantages from spending money to buy extra hero slots (P2W argument)
  • Allow people to be a part of the game without requiring every build of every hero (people with l33t already stir things up by portraying the end-game as too easy). This would become progressively worse with the release of new heros.

Ideally it would have everybody who joins bring a couple of useful builders and a dps, so that stuff can be built as a team, and so that the best builds can only really be achieved as a team effort.

The problems with this are

• The way people use the hero deck (everyone taking in the same bare-minimum hero combinations)
  • No way to know what other people will bring when you join a random game

I'm choosing to look at that picture optimistically. Perhaps it means you can have a few pre-set hero decks, and once you're in the game there is a sort of pre-build phase where you can choose which deck to use (or maybe you can change whole deck as long as you haven't built anything yet).

This would allow you to choose a deck based on what other people have, for epic teamworks :D

@Pachipachio quote:

I sincerely doubt 'balance' would be hit at all if the hero deck was removed.  Definitely not for multiplayer.  All it is, imo, is a frustrating mechanic which I think we agree with

Yes indeed. Removing the HD won't fix the balance issue. The flaw lies in the defenses damage scaling and power. The Earth tower is the best example -> low damage, so slow, high DU cost.

I am deeply for the complete removal of the HD, but I can live with it in multiplayer. However, it really sucks for solo. 

That was my point ;)

As for the OP's thread (lol we took a bit of a different direction), that image is totally not the final product. They wanted to show more the graphic and that cool HUD lol. They won't reduces the HD to 3 like before. 

@alexstonge25 quote:

@Doctor_neo quote:

I frequently join public games in NM4 incursion with 3 builders, people join, i ask "do you have walls?" or "do you have SA?" depending on which builder i haven't bought and I haven't once been let down.

You're quite lucky then -.-

When I ask "do you have walls", people usually say no or "yes, but only 200k-".

"SA then" -> he places a tiny SA that can't even cover one lane on gates.

"Frost?" -> 30 FP-, no FF staff.

Hard to trust others unfortunately. When I meet someone who has decent stuffs, I am lucky and happy. 

I second this! 

If it's not this then it's three DPS huntresses leaving the game. Go team!