Sign in to follow this  
Gnuy Niy

Guess i am not coming back in 2016. Hero deck will have max 3? what?

Saw the roadmap video.

If i do not mistake the video, we are going to have 3 hero per player, while we have more character.

https://youtu.be/e2aict8tdj4?t=27

This is what we had been waiting for 2 months?

Wordless. 

Wow.

Talk about judging a book by its cover. You know, a modified hero deck *could* be an enjoyable game mechanic if done properly. At least give them an opportunity to experiment to see what works and what doesn't, as opposed to being as salty as the ocean by looking at a mockup UI that explicitly says it's not the final result.

Sheesh.

@Gnuy Niy quote:

Saw the roadmap video.

If i do not mistake the video, we are going to have 3 hero per player, while we have more character.

Wordless. 

You are literally retarded and we would all be better off without you here any more.

1st of all the video shows 4, not 3. 2nd they said that's a placeholder and that's not what the final hero deck is going to look like.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@Gnuy Niy quote:

Saw the roadmap video.

Wordless. 

You are literally retarded and we would all be better off without you here any more.

1st of all the video shows 4, not 3. 2nd they said that's a placeholder and that's not what the final hero deck is going to look like.

it shows 4 party members with what looks like 3 heroes per member. However, it is still to early to judge what will happen.

lmao the speculation and assuming is unreal.  It's just a visual design concept that's likely been shoop'd together and passed around internally to discuss change ideas.  Don't take that as literal at all please.

This picture is about right.

G595nBu.jpg

Forget the crappy HD and how it's changing, but look at that Apprentice.

Level 50 and carrying the team. ***ing leechers.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

G595nBu.jpg

I would also like to point out the fact that no one in party on the overlay image has a monk out in play yet if you squint hard enough you can clearly see a monk in the background.  This is clearly a photoshop made to convey the idea and not meant to be taken literal at all.

@roboticaust quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

G595nBu.jpg

I would also like to point out the fact that no one in party on the overlay image has a monk out in play yet if you squint hard enough you can clearly see a monk in the background.  This is clearly a photoshop made to convey the idea and not meant to be taken literal at all.

Can you stop lying to the TC.

This was confirmed to be officially the final product of the Hero Deck by Trendy.

Yes TC we are now down from 3 people to 4. Next patch it may be down from 2-1.

@Fozzie quote:

Wow you can easily see the hero deck drives the highest amount of emotion in the community.

Yes so I hope they really try not to get it wrong because it will take another year to fix it if they do.

If we are going to analyze the "not finial" photo then lets say this. This has to be made of images laying around from a long time ago (back when the hero deck was actually 3) that they just used to mock up this concept image. It was probably used to pitch a new idea at a meeting by a design person who is not an artist nor wanted to bother an artist and they just said use it for the road map hype.

@Fozzie quote:

Good thinking Chappyy but isn't the Dark Arts Apprentice ( in the centre) quite a new skin?

its not a hard Photoshop to change, besides we went up to four from three whats the point of them going backwards and removing a character slot.

Displaying 3 on the UI means nothing. It literally means nothing. Not only did they clearly state that it's not the final UI, but even if it was, displaying 3 still means nothing. Even if the hero deck allowed you to pick from an unlimited number of characters the UI would still be limited on what it could display. Without Trendy telling us exactly what the new system is, there is no information at all that you can draw from that image other than they're working on the hero deck. That is all.

Everyone hates the hero deck... I mean it would be nice being able to bring my 7 builders.. but that would make the game way too easy..

Don't really see the issue...

@Doctor_neo quote:

Everyone hates the hero deck... I mean it would be nice being able to bring my 7 builders.. but that would make the game way too easy..

What would your 7 builders build that would make the game so much easier?

@Pachipachio quote:
@Doctor_neo quote:

Whatever they wanted, there is 7 of them.

@Doctor_neo quote:
@Pachipachio quote:
@Doctor_neo quote:

Whatever they wanted, there is 7 of them.

A better question is what would your builders build that the 16 other heroes from a 4 player match up can't build? 

@Chappyy quote:
stuff

A better question is what would your builders build that the 16 other heroes from a 4 player match up can't build? 

Absolutely nothing!!  

This is exactly why I don't understand why people have such an issue with the hero deck.
I frequently join public games in NM4 incursion with 3 builders, people join, i ask "do you have walls?" or "do you have SA?" depending on which builder i haven't bought and I haven't once been let down.

The Problem is without a hero deck you are free to bring any combination of hero’s you want which does not promote team play. The idea would be to join forces with other people to defend and mix match the best combination everybody has.  If everybody has every combination you might as well just throw out the multiplayer aspect of the game.

Since they are going to add more hero’s they will need to balance this to promote group play but not kill solo play.  Having only 3 hero slots (assuming) and 8 heroes would in my opinion be a terrible idea that kills solo play.

I like having at least a 1 to 1 ratio of hero’s and deck slots.  It allows you to solo play and allows you to mix and match a deck based on group play.

@JoeBeezy1 quote:

The Problem is without a hero deck you are free to bring any combination of hero’s you want which does not promote team play. The idea would be to join forces with other people to defend and mix match the best combination everybody has.  If everybody has every combination you might as well just throw out the multiplayer aspect of the game.

Or they could design a game that rewards people for playing multiplayer instead of punishing people for playing solo.  It's very easy to imagine a system where possibilities open to them regardless of group size and yet still have incentives to form groups.  How about scaling the amount of loot per person based on group size.  Would double drops for a four player group be enough to promote team play in a world without the hero deck?  I think so.