Sign in to follow this  
PandynatorDD

Will tower targeting be fixed in 2016?

New heroes! I won't complain...

But I will actually.. Will these new heroes also be "balanced" around not hitting their targets?

Will we get AoE turrets or w/e is planned that has a 30% chance to miss as the towers in game has?

I welcome new heroes, but PLEASE fix the damn targeting mess you have made...

And I want to reserve my right to be skeptical of you guys managing to balance more than 4 heroes.. Hope I am wrong, but the past has not really proven that.

Good luck, may your new lead guide you well, hopefully in a healthy balance, pun intended. 

@Community - ? TONS OF HEROES!

Do you believe we will see balance among them?

I will join you on this skeptical wagon for now. The last year did show that a lot of new things kept getting added but not completed. So for now I have a raised eyebrow when they say "We don’t plan to just make one or two heroes this year. We want to make lots of them."

balance? never heard of it :p that being said I do think with new heroes coming this year balance will be that much harder and considering the current system still lacks balance among heroes I don't expect things to change in the near future. Its because of this that I refuse to jump on this hype train that I think trendy is hoping to create with the release of the new roadmap.

All targeting issues I've seen have all been cosmetic; as in a cannon shoots a wall but the enemy it was trying to shoot still takes damage.

I'm genuinely excited for new heroes and new defenses, but you're absolutely right about Trendy having a 'thing' for metas that don't change. Heck, they couldn't even shake it between DD1 and DDE, and that was a complete recreation/rebalance of the game.

If they gathered data on all defenses used late game, gave a 5% nerf to the top 3 defenses seen in winning builds, a 5% buff to bottom 3 defenses seen the least, and did this on a weekly basis, we'd likely see a much more balanced meta. This would at least put defenses in the same ball park, as opposed to entirely different worlds like earthshatters vs. elemental chaos.

@gigazelle quote:

All targeting issues I've seen have all been cosmetic; as in a cannon shoots a wall but the enemy it was trying to shoot still takes damage.

There's still no smart firing, so all cannons (if lined up) will shoot the same target and heavily overkill often. So effective dps of projectile towers when clumped up goes down

Could make it a feature though instead of spending resources to fix it.  Increase tower projectile speed passive/sphere would ameliorate it a bit.  The issue comes from the fact that towers will shoot on the closest target and they don't care if 7 cannon balls are already mid-flight for that little goblin and they'll shoot an 8th, 9th, etc until it's actually dead

So projectiles moving at 99999999% speed would effectively implement smart firing without needing to reprogram for actual smart firing.  So any amount of projectile speed would save some hits from overkilling some of the time.  Could be worth it depending on the value

Massively sceptical of this ever being a good game the more I see of their plans. You can add all the heroes you want but it's still a boring game, unlike DD1. I have no faith in their ability to balance more heroes given that in the last year they totally failed to do that with the four they have.

All I see is "buy more costumes, ***es".

@MegaHamster7 quote:

Massively sceptical of this ever being a good game the more I see of their plans. You can add all the heroes you want but it's still a boring game, unlike DD1. I have no faith in their ability to balance more heroes given that in the last year they totally failed to do that with the four they have.

People doing the cosmetics can't do the balancing job. There are different teams in a game creation team btw. :P

I'm skeptical of new heroes being balanced as well. I think in order to move the meta, they will add intentional power creep. New heroes will be stronger than old. Take DD1 for example. I love the summoner as many do, but he was totally not balanced. He was the only hero that essentially doubled your DU (we can talk build time, but if you're playing with 3-4 it's not really an issue). I think those sort of changes will happen with new heroes again. The game will stay sort of fresh by playing with new heroes, but there will always be a sort of optimum strategy. The balance I expect to see is the balance between releasing new heroes often enough to keep the game exciting, but with enough time in between to lvl them up without making it feel like a grind. One way to do this would be to buff the older players occasionally to cater to the nostalgia that players have for them. 

@alexstonge25 quote:

@MegaHamster7 quote:

People doing the cosmetics can't do the balancing job. There are different teams in a game creation team btw. :P

New heroes equals more skins to make. OP new heroes results in more sales. 

It's not black and white. 

But lets take this discussion when we actually see the new heroes they plan to add.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@alexstonge25 quote:

@MegaHamster7 quote:

But lets take this discussion when we actually see the new heroes they plan to add.

Not just what heroes but how they plan to add them. Will they be free or paid? 

@Chappyy quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

@alexstonge25 quote:

@MegaHamster7 quote:

According to last devstream, they don't know what they want to do. 

Tossing "no p2w" right out the window, if you ask me.

@Tristaris quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

@alexstonge25 quote:

@MegaHamster7 quote:

According to last devstream, they don't know what they want to do. 

Tossing "no p2w" right out the window, if you ask me.

Remember what time this was at? 

@alexstonge25 quote:

@MegaHamster7 quote:

I completely understand that. However, the people who are steering the game's direction seem to be steering it towards their revenue streams. No harm in that, they have to make money. But if it results in a boring game that people don't stick around to play then they won't make money anyway.

I would quite happily spend money on this game if it was a fun game but in its current state I would not put any money into it at all. I'm just not confident in it being a game I will really want to play in the long run. That's sad because I remember when I discovered DD1 and it blew me away with just how much fun it was.