Ok Trendy you have finally added scaling to your game

First off people need to STFU about solo being easier than group play. How stupid are you guys thinking that enemies scaled to 1-4 players was intended to be the same?

Yes solo was doable before on NM4. I did it, I know others that have done it and now it's even easier.

Now that scaling has finally been added to the game you guys are finally seeing what a joke this Nightmare really is and most of you cried about  a 15% increase. Pathetic.

So now it's time for Trendy to stop holding back and buff NM, so that solo is still challenging, but doable.

I'm not talking about health sponges, however enemies sure and hell should be hitting alot harder in NM than what they are doing now. They do needabit of a health increase, but at least a 25-50% damage increase at bare minimum.

You also need more enemy variety and things that are actually threatening to people.

You only have one enemy type in the game that poses any threat to your build and that's the Witherbeast, god bless that creature.

You have the Dark Assassin being worked on, but not seen as a top priority. I disagree you need an enemy type that needs to challenge people and just *** up there ***.

You also need to add Hardcore mode back. Die once and you won't be back until the next wave.

This is certainly necessary if you choose to keep NM4 to this scaling.

Some people just like to solo and this doesn't mean they should be punished. However that doesn't mean it shouldn't be challenging to do and although it's going to be obviously easier to do, they should still have some threats to keep it from being AFK easy.

So yes no matter what Solo will always be easier and it should be because you are at a disadvantage, more so in this game with the artificial limitations placed on the player called the Hero Deck.

NM4 solo needs to be tougher than patch 9.5, but still doable. I hope NMV introduces new enemy types for variety and danger sake, plus a Hardcore mode.

I actually would like a Hardcore mode and a one char mode on various maps. Maybe with increased chances or drops or whatever reward for raising the difficult abit that way.

Nightmare 5. Completely designed for co-op play only, with rewarding gears to compensate for the increased challenge. This encourages multiplayer as well.

@dwade123 quote:

Nightmare 5. Completely designed for co-op play only, with rewarding gears to compensate for the increased challenge. This encourages multiplayer as well.

LMAO, wasn't this the intent of NM4? Why was this steered away from? Cryhards with a complex trolling the forums? iunno, you honestly think adding nm5 and setting it to how nm4 should be would change that?  Naw, it'd be just a bunch of crying forum trolling nonsense til it gets nuked into a pitiful mess like nm4 was.

@roboticaust quote:

@dwade123 quote:

LMAO, wasn't this the intent of NM4? Why was this steered away from? Cryhards with a complex trolling the forums? iunno, you honestly think adding nm5 and setting it to how nm4 should be would change that?  Naw, it'd be just a bunch of crying forum trolling nonsense til it gets nuked into a pitiful mess like nm4 was.

Uhm, that was never their intention actually, Though, that people think so means mainly that they initially went in the wrong direction. 

The game was always meant to be just as doable solo as in a group, the only difference is what they focused on first. They changed focus over to more on solo play after people started to leave due to bad rng with gear drops meaning they could never climb the nm4 wall.

Though funny thing: the item droprates from this patch is a serious improvement, they wouldnt need to change the scaling at all, since now people might actually get the gear needed to do the content without playing for 600+ hours if theire unlucky xD

It was doable before.  I have my pre-9.5 nm4 betsy badge of honor.  Honestly, don't want to see this game turn into 80 people all playing solo because it suddenly became optimal and easier while everyone else looking to group flat out giving up because there isn't a player base left.  This is the direction it is heading and it is the wrong one.

I honestly think it's probably fine. 

People in full nearly perfect nightmare 4 gear, should  be able to steamroll ***. 

People who are still in mostly optimized hit and miss gear, are still not going to roflstomp the game.

Changes are fine, in my opinion. 

@roboticaust quote:

It was doable before.  I have my pre-9.5 nm4 betsy badge of honor.  Honestly, don't want to see this game turn into 80 people all playing solo because it suddenly became optimal and easier while everyone else looking to group flat out giving up because there isn't a player base left.  This is the direction it is heading and it is the wrong one.

There was probably only like ten people that could do that. So great build the difficulty around that so those ten people can have a challenge and see how fast the game dies. Like it or not they need to make money and if 90% of your players can't play the game then they are going to leave once they hit a difficulty they can't go beyond. Some of you players need to just except that this game is going to be easier for you than most other people because Trendy wants a large volume of people to enjoy the game and you just can't get that if you produce an elitist game that you can't complete.

So I'm confused though how many people have completed ALL content on NM4?

The problem was and always will be the IPWR drop reward is EVERYTHING. So as soon as you can do IPWR 1000 maps why would you ever go back to doing less.

As soon as you can farm Greystone or Throne Room why would you go back to Liferoot or do any of the others of lower IPWR.

The game needs a reason to do all maps, a challenge with a viable reward.

Complete all maps on NMx and return to the tavern to get weapon y. DD1 had it so sorted in this fashion, complete Alchemical lab get class specific weapon off Demon Lord, then on to Throne Room get weapon from Mech. Complete the maps in survival mode and get specific pets at wave 15. I know this game is supposedly early but there are sooo many ways to easily make the replay value much higher on all the maps we would never play since campaign.

@Fozzie quote:

The problem was and always will be the IPWR drop reward is EVERYTHING. So as soon as you can do IPWR 1000 maps why would you ever go back to doing less.

As soon as you can farm Greystone or Throne Room why would you go back to Liferoot or do any of the others of lower IPWR.

The game needs a reason to do all maps, a challenge with a viable reward.

Complete all maps on NMx and return to the tavern to get weapon y. DD1 had it so sorted in this fashion, complete Alchemical lab get class specific weapon off Demon Lord, then on to Throne Room get weapon from Mech. Complete the maps in survival mode and get specific pets at wave 15. I know this game is supposedly early but there are sooo many ways to easily make the replay value much higher on all the maps we would never play since campaign.

so you're saying monthly pets could get tied to onslaught for +replayability

+1

@Chappyy quote:

@roboticaust quote:

There was probably only like ten people that could do that. So great build the difficulty around that so those ten people can have a challenge and see how fast the game dies. Like it or not they need to make money and if 90% of your players can't play the game then they are going to leave once they hit a difficulty they can't go beyond. Some of you players need to just except that this game is going to be easier for you than most other people because Trendy wants a large volume of people to enjoy the game and you just can't get that if you produce an elitist game that you can't complete.

More like it was never intended to be solo'd by everyone.  It's supposed to be a challenge, not a wankfest anyone can easily do.

Honestly when they decided to go F2p did they not see an issue with only holding player attention for 20-100 hours? Every proper MMO style game can be played for years before you max, players leach through DD to nm4 in 10 hours...

@roboticaust quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@roboticaust quote:

More like it was never intended to be solo'd by everyone.  It's supposed to be a challenge, not a wankfest anyone can easily do.

Some how I doubt you are qualified to say who or what the intended audience is supposed to be. No were in the game description does it say "a co op game that could possible be solo'd by some." Also don't think it was meant to be Dark soles hard.

@Chappyy quote:

@roboticaust quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@roboticaust quote:

Some how I doubt you are qualified to say who or what the intended audience is supposed to be. No were in the game description does it say "a co op game that could possible be solo'd by some." Also don't think it was meant to be Dark soles hard.

When was it Dark Souls amount of difficult?  And my opinion is just as valid as yours, no qualifications needed for either of us.  I feel that cattering to those who weren't up for a challenge only hurts the game in the long run.  The biggest reason I feel metrics are suffering hard atm is that new players aren't discouraged by bugs or issues, but by the fact they struggle to find people to play with.  If a larger portion of the existing player base shifts over to solo play because it's suddenly an easy feat that pays off well, then the game becomes more barren to others.  Changes that bolster players to play and the metrics to climb should be considered, not the opposite.

I know this goes against your view point of being a one man army and all, but it honestly doesn't feel like a valid change to make at this current moment.  Later on when the player base increases (I'm hopeful here that it ultimately will), then these kind of changes are welcomed.  I'm not upset that my badges of solo honor are diminished now, I'm upset that the game is shifting in a direction that hurts welcoming in new players.

@roboticaust quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@roboticaust quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@roboticaust quote:

When was it Dark Souls amount of difficult?  And my opinion is just as valid as yours, no qualifications needed for either of us.  I feel that cattering to those who weren't up for a challenge only hurts the game in the long run.  The biggest reason I feel metrics are suffering hard atm is that new players aren't discouraged by bugs or issues, but by the fact they struggle to find people to play with.  If a larger portion of the existing player base shifts over to solo play because it's suddenly an easy feat that pays off well, then the game becomes more barren to others.  Changes that bolster players to play and the metrics to climb should be considered, not the opposite.

I know this goes against your view point of being a one man army and all, but it honestly doesn't feel like a valid change to make at this current moment.  Later on when the player base increases (I'm hopeful here that it ultimately will), then these kind of changes are welcomed.  I'm not upset that my badges of solo honor are diminished now, I'm upset that the game is shifting in a direction that hurts welcoming in new players.

Your opinions are just as valid as anyone else but you didn't phrase it as an opinion you told me me what the intent was.

It isn't a matter of "catering to those that are not up for the challenge", again those are elitest jabs at people. you really expect the largest majority to be equally as good as you? You are not looking at the big picture of a majority of players that play Free to play games.

I don't think people struggle to find anyone to play with. I think it is the exact opposite in fact.  Here is my logic on this. Most people come into the game and can make only one hero, they finish the campaign easy enough then join free play where they are told to sit back and soak up the xp and watch as the uber level 50 towers do everything for you. I think people fizzle out mainly because all the end game players are constantly in free play leveling alts and pets and so the average player doesn't learn any strats on any content that is remotely hard. In the end they just learn the art of the leech, get bored and go to other games.

This is a never ending cycle end game players are going to always complain that content is to easy. well delete all your gear and try to solo from NM1 there you have a new challenge. I'm not saying you are not capable of doing that, I believe you could delete your gear and be back in NM4 in less then one month. However normal players that can't play but a few hours a day if they are lucky and those that have kids to feed and other real life issues that impact game time are also deserving of a good game experience.

This shift is in no way hurting new players. If anything it is only helping them. There are so many people that once you hit a brick wall that you don't gain a fair amount of measurable gain from they just quit because they get frustrated.  Not to mention people in general do not like the new age style of multiplayer where everyone non stop calls everyone noobs and belittles them constantly. This is such a huge common thing in PvP games and that stigma is following over to games like this. So many people that start off each map complaining that other people have crap towers and crap DPS and crap cades. People don't want to deal with that nonsense.

The player base will not grow until matchmaking and the hero deck are gone. That is my prediction and opinion. as much as people like multiplayer they just need to be able to get away from the idiots of the world in solo.

"So now it's time for Trendy to stop holding back and buff NM, so that solo is still challenging, but doable."

But it wasn't doable before. You elitist hardcores really need to stop thinking that everyone playing is and/or should be at your level. No new player is able to gear like you did prior to the Loot 2.0 patch which allowed you to regear with very little hassle.  It's a struggle. I can blast through  NM3 Inc with 4 builders in my deck but NM4 LR or Gates was impossible... IMFpossible. How many times was a I supposed to bang NM3 Inc until I had the EXACT stats and passives, with upgrades, before I could move to the easiest NM4 map?  With the barren wasteland they call a drop rate... dozens upon dozens of times. I've gone 2 whole rounds without 1 gdm piece of loot dropping- not even a grey. But you sit on your toons geared when one run filled every bag you had and call us scrubs, gtfo.

Ask for more, harder content. With scaling in place it'll be barely "doable", just the way you like it. Let me and the others who aren't so "leet" finally enjoy this game.

Millenials...

There are plenty ARPG's that know how to do difficulty/rewards scalling based on the amount of players present. It is just taking some time before Trendy finds the right value.

Slightly better loot, amount of loot, quality of loot are just some of the ways to reward people that play in groups. Content (in general) should be soloable by decent play with not perfect gear.

There is also room for higher difficulty stuff that has less room for error/requires better play/ better itemized gear, however even that should be balanced for solo play.

IMO the way to go:
I can solo X and be rewarded Y, but if I want to MIN/MAX my rewards/time I should try to find some players on the same level as I because we would be doing "X - 4Player Scaled" and be rewarded EACH "Y - 4 Player scaled"(amount, quality or slight ilvl increase).

@TheCrimsonTea quote:

IMO the way to go:
I can solo X and be rewarded Y, but if I want to MIN/MAX my rewards/time I should try to find some players on the same level as I because we would be doing "X - 4Player Scaled" and be rewarded EACH "Y - 4 Player scaled"(amount, quality or slight ilvl increase).

And with the scaling in place this is now possible. 

@falkon311 quote:

"So now it's time for Trendy to stop holding back and buff NM, so that solo is still challenging, but doable."

But it wasn't doable before. You elitist hardcores really need to stop thinking that everyone playing is and/or should be at your level. No new player is able to gear like you did prior to the Loot 2.0 patch which allowed you to regear with very little hassle.  It's a struggle. I can blast through  NM3 Inc with 4 builders in my deck but NM4 LR or Gates was impossible... IMFpossible. How many times was a I supposed to bang NM3 Inc until I had the EXACT stats and passives, with upgrades, before I could move to the easiest NM4 map?  With the barren wasteland they call a drop rate... dozens upon dozens of times. I've gone 2 whole rounds without 1 gdm piece of loot dropping- not even a grey. But you sit on your toons geared when one run filled every bag you had and call us scrubs, gtfo.

Ask for more, harder content. With scaling in place it'll be barely "doable", just the way you like it. Let me and the others who aren't so "leet" finally enjoy this game.

Millenials...

Uh what the hell are you talking about?

Loot patch 2.0 has made it easier to gear up now thanks to people exploiting the Harbinger. Got a DPS? go play Harbinger online and you will be welcomed to any team. Go gear up from there.

Otherwise leech onto NM4 games, that's the cool thing to do. If you get kicked keep trying, since we have no match making in this game it's part of the meta.

*** it's even easier now with patch 9.5, go solo some ***.

So why don't you take your advice and gtfo.

You call me an elitist as well? LMAO.

I haven't played this game since after the Harbinger, because it's boring atm Traps + frosts. Maybe an electric Aura  or 2 . Wow holy *** such strategy. Only thing I'm going to worry about is the monthly pet.

Trendy want to take their time on addressing *** with the Hero Deck that's fine. I have other games to play in the mean time. I'm simply not having much fun,  the meta is brain dead and the Hero Deck casualizes this game beyond belief.

Nightmare is a joke and is definitely in it's infancy. They are holding back enemies like the Dark Assassin which could change things dramatically if he singles you out like the DEW did, but he's not high on the priority list so meh. You are missing things like Hardcore mode, enemies that actually are a threat and deserving of being in NM.

They could even do one simple thing to make all Towers some what viable. Make Frosts buff everything and if you upgrade frosts make the beam larger each upgrade and expand it's range.

Too much work to do that, so enjoy your new map as so far that's the only thing we are getting this content update.

I'm keeping my eye on this game and awaiting something to care about.

"You call me an elitist as well? LMAO."

Uh yeah bro, I do.  What Harbinger exploit? Elitists assume everyone is doing the weaksauce bs they're doing to gear up but most of us are not exploiting content to get gear.

"I haven't played this game since after the Harbinger,"

Which is when loot 2.0 came out so you truly have no F***ING idea as to what Loot 2.fail is like. It was pure garbage and even with the multiple patches is still a half soggy sh!t sandwich. What few drops you actually get are normally not for the build you want and the almost never have max passives. I've yet to actually find a 5% Hearty Blockade item. I keep getting TP/TCD with 2-3% HB.. just fml sideways it's so bad. You get maybe, MAYBE 20 drops per map and most of them are still green. It's nothing like Trendy said it would be, it's just worse. And I'm not the only one who feels this way. I don't know of anyone that has been able to build an adequate wall squire from scratch without being carried through NM4/Inc post 2.0.

And you'll TLDR this chalking it up to whining then spin off on your own tangent in your reply- like a true elitist. 

I'm  a passionate person so I apologize for the colorful language but I will never be sorry for telling someone that's asking to make existing content harder instead of making new, harder content to essentially stfu.

@falkon311 quote:

"You call me an elitist as well? LMAO."

Uh yeah bro, I do.  What Harbinger exploit? Elitists assume everyone is doing the weaksauce bs they're doing to gear up but most of us are not exploiting content to get gear.

"I haven't played this game since after the Harbinger,"

Which is when loot 2.0 came out so you truly have no F***ING idea as to what Loot 2.fail is like. It was pure garbage and even with the multiple patches is still a half soggy sh!t sandwich. What few drops you actually get are normally not for the build you want and the almost never have max passives. I've yet to actually find a 5% Hearty Blockade item. I keep getting TP/TCD with 2-3% HB.. just fml sideways it's so bad. You get maybe, MAYBE 20 drops per map and most of them are still green. It's nothing like Trendy said it would be, it's just worse. And I'm not the only one who feels this way. I don't know of anyone that has been able to build an adequate wall squire from scratch without being carried through NM4/Inc post 2.0.

And you'll TLDR this chalking it up to whining then spin off on your own tangent in your reply- like a true elitist. 

I'm  a passionate person so I apologize for the colorful language but I will never be sorry for telling someone that's asking to make existing content harder instead of making new, harder content to essentially stfu.

Dat wall build and read what I said. I haven't played this since "after" the Harbinger update. I too farmed the crap out of him and since he gives you a guaranteed legendary and sometimes more he's what people geared up on the most.

I found 5% Hearty pieces after the Harbinger was released, but they were defense power, def crit.

At least we can agree on one thing loot 2.0 drop rate was pretty bad, it's why I told you to farm Harbinger.

Less loot more treasure?

More like less loot more trash. Have fun enhancing your items with that. Also another thing the grind on loot enhancing and pet affection is just tedious and is another factor to why I'm taking a break from this game. This isn't fun to do and boring as ***.

You may think I'm an elitist yet I'm a person who enjoys a challenge, go look at DDE and see what happened to that game. End game loot was given out like candy and that game died fast after that. I rather not let this happen to this game.

I'm a strong believer that not everyone should be able to do the highest NM content straight away, because that gives you something to strive for and keeps the end game players coming back. As it is now anyone can join End game thanks to the brilliant match making system we have implemented into this game.

The game should definitely be more challenging and not just by increasing health and damage on enemies, but bringing in new enemy types that would shake things up. It will happen one day, until that day I'm calling NM4 Insane+.

The game is in Alpha. Why ask to change existing content when there's substantial room for adding additional content that could live up to your expectations? NM4 solo for someone who isn't already fully NM4 geared went from impossible to extremely challenging but doable, period. Nothing you can say or do will make that statement false. Especially because you have to do it with no dps due to so many different passives on gear that it effectively eliminates using hybrid builds besides wall/tank squire.  

As for Harb runs - There's not that many people playing man. It's hard to find a Harb match with enough dps where you just throw down some high hp walls and get through phases before the walls are destroyed. I don't know how it was but it's definitely not how people are gearing today.

I hate that BS Alpha excuse, if it's in Alpha why do they have no problem charging gems and *** then?

I know they want to fund the game with skins, but you are charging people for other stuff and a half assed PS4 version. They have the right to be judged as soon as they charge real money for items and this game hs along way to go.

They could stay in Alpha for another 2 years. Alpha is no excuse.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I hate that BS Alpha excuse, if it's in Alpha why do they have no problem charging gems and *** then?

I know they want to fund the game with skins, but you are charging people for other stuff and a half assed PS4 version. They have the right to be judged as soon as they charge real money for items and this game hs along way to go.

They could stay in Alpha for another 2 years. Alpha is no excuse.

I haven't read much on this thread, but the alpha excuse being used for anything other than "It's an alpha there are bound to be bugs." seems dumb. 

If there needs to be a major overhaul of the game, it's better to do it in the alpha than it is the beta or live. 

Now is the time we suggest these types of things. 

I have done a lot of these and normally this is how it's done. 

Pre-alpha - nothing in game is safe, everything can be changed. Test the concept of the game and comment about it. The goal is to find a fun and intrigueing concept for a game then bring a chunk of content out for it. 

Alpha - the general idea of the game is safe, Keep all basic concepts people enjoy, and remove the ones people don't (unless they have a second use, people don't like time limited content, yet it's a way to make content last long  enough to where you can bring out more content so most mmos use it in the form of weekly raids and daily dungeons, despite users not really liking it. But without it a raid wouldn't last 3 months, it would last 3 days as people farm it until they don't need it, then they have to wait 3 months without any new content.) 

Beta - Balance and bug fixing. This is actually when Metas should be looked at and adjusted. Also while game-breaking bugs are fixed in Alpha, this is where design bugs and small annoyances are worked out.