Any exclusives that I've missed?

Hi there,

I've been away from DD2 for a long time. I last played when on-win chests were added to the game. The chests that pop up when you win the battle. 

Are there any exclusives/items/events or things that I might have missed? Especially the discontinued stuff. I plan on playing again but since I'm a collector (I bought the early defence council thing as you can see) I want to have every collectable thing. Else it's just a no go for me.

Thanks in advance!

Damn.. I'll just wait it out till they make them reobtainable. Until then I'll just play something else instead. Thanks for your replies.

@Koudspeel quote:

Damn.. I'll just wait it out till they make them reobtainable. Until then I'll just play something else instead. Thanks for your replies.

You'll miss more monthlies then.

@Koudspeel quote:

I guess you will never play the game again?

The monthly pets are LIMITED and they already said they wouldn't be reobtainable (don't remember on what post it was), also you won't be able to obtain the spooky skins from halloween and the winter skins (these ones also dropped from the winter lockboxes).

Also, you'll keep missing the new monthly pets.

@Libery300 quote:

@Koudspeel quote:

The monthly pets are LIMITED and they already said they wouldn't be reobtainable (don't remember on what post it was), also you won't be able to obtain the spooky skins from halloween and the winter skins (these ones also dropped from the winter lockboxes).

*New player finds the game on steam and download it. 

*New player begins playing and leveling up. 

*New player gets to endgame and asks what he needs to get into the groups everyone is doing. 

"IPWR 600-700 is nice, preferrable huntress dps, and of course dragolich." 

*New player looks up where to find dragolich...

*New player uninstalls. 

Getting a unique skin for playing at certain times is fine, limiting abilities is just unfair. There is a reason hearthstone gives a card back every month instead of giving a card only obtainable during that month. You would be giving an unfair advantage purely based on when someone started, not the things they have accomplished, nor the skill that player has. 

@Koudspeel quote:

Are they reobtainable in any way?

It's currently being debated internally.  They may do some wyvern token type thing with a slight reskin to make it obvious ones the monthly one and ones the bought one.  Still up for debate though so don't hold it against me if this doesn't come to pass.

@chaosparadox quote:

@Libery300 quote:

@Koudspeel quote:

*New player finds the game on steam and download it. 

*New player begins playing and leveling up. 

*New player gets to endgame and asks what he needs to get into the groups everyone is doing. 

"IPWR 600-700 is nice, preferrable huntress dps, and of course dragolich." 

*New player looks up where to find dragolich...

*New player uninstalls. 

Getting a unique skin for playing at certain times is fine, limiting abilities is just unfair. There is a reason hearthstone gives a card back every month instead of giving a card only obtainable during that month. You would be giving an unfair advantage purely based on when someone started, not the things they have accomplished, nor the skill that player has. 

All premium skins and monthly pets have unique abilities that are suppose to be mostly equal or slightly better (but more fancy in terms of looks) then a normal ability, thats what's mostly unique about them, dragolich is an exception since its ability was too good.  

If you read the 9.5 patch notes, dragolichs ability no longer stacks, its still one of the best pets, but it's not the decisive factor in a match (atleast not anymore), also if players still think its too powerfull they'll probably nerf it again (longer cooldown, reduced dmg bonus), or maybe release a weaker version of the ability for something like a creeper pet (for example: 15% dmg bonus and 15 sec cooldown).

Well the thing is.. since this game is still in early access I thought that they wouldn't do any exclusives till release, but alas.. Trendy did already start with the discontinued items. I really hope they make them obtainable or atleast mention that the items will be available in the future. 

As chaosparadox described, any new players or existing players finding out that they're missing out on items, which aren't obtainable anymore, ever, is quite saddening..

@Koudspeel quote:

As chaosparadox described, any new players or existing players finding out that they're missing out on items, which aren't obtainable anymore, ever, is quite saddening..

Well... some people see this as some kind of 'reward' for participating in early access.

On one hand I'm pretty sure some people would be quite unhappy if some of the monthly pets would just be repeated. Not sure if that is a good idea. On the other hand this would be the chance to get some pets twice.

...if this would be something Trendy is thinking about, then I think this should be considered an influence vote.

It's only an unfair advantage that some people get exclusive items for starting at a certain time, because it's unbalanced. Dracolich is still too strong for nm4, but there are other abilities that are almost on par with dracolich. Once Dracolich reach a reasonable lvl of utility there won't be any "unfair advantage".