Loss of ipower levels on PS4

I like to bounce back and forth between the PS4 and PC versions and I have noticed a few differences that seem to be apart from content update patches. I am curious if some things will always be different between the two versions, or if the plan is to pretty much mirror the PC when a new content patch is available for PS4. There are two thing in particular.

One is the bigger tower size and rebalanced towers on PC. I personally love the smaller tower size we have on the PS4. It allows for a little bit different build style. Will we be changing to the bigger towers, or staying the way we are now?

The main question I have is about item power levels. Currently on the PS4, the max item power level is around 850 from NM4 Liferoot incursion. PC maxes out around 700. Does this mean we will be moving to a lower overall ipower level in the next content update? If so, what happens to our current items? Will the be removed, rebalanced, unusable, but kept around for nostalgia? It would be nice to know if this is something that will happen or if it will continue to be different from the PC.

Also, ariel lane resistances....   I don't remember if that was a patch or not on PC, but I can't wait until that goes away!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read. Hopefully this post will get noticed and will get a red answer. Thanks for all your hard work and making a great game and trying to keep the hungry masses fed!

The goal is to have the PS4 and PC basically mirroring each other and ideally new content will be created for both at the same time. But first PS4 needs to catch up to PC, which is what they are trying to do now. That means any updates/changes seen on PC will eventually make it to PS4 as well including tower sizes, IPWR adjustments etc.

This is the answer that everyone seems to give, but it's not really an answer. If we are actually mirroring the PC content updates, we would already have the larger towers now. And the item power level thing is also different from the Pc's version of the current patch. There are other differences too, like the number of waves in Nightmare content, the fact that bosses spawn on the first wave and that loot doesn't drop from anything but bosses. And it doesn't answer the question of what would happen to our higher level gear if we do get a drop in max ipower levels. I could list more than 10 differences between our version of loot and survive and the PC's version of it. So I'm not asking if we are going to get what PC has, I am asking if the things that are different between the two versions of the same patch are going to stay different or if we are going to be a direct mirror of the PC eventually. There hasn't been an actual answer on this anywhere. I do read the forums before I post a question that is a repeat of what other people have posted 99 times already.

@makani_mele quote:

This is the answer that everyone seems to give, but it's not really an answer. If we are actually mirroring the PC content updates, we would already have the larger towers now. And the item power level thing is also different from the Pc's version of the current patch. There are other differences too, like the number of waves in Nightmare content, the fact that bosses spawn on the first wave and that loot doesn't drop from anything but bosses. And it doesn't answer the question of what would happen to our higher level gear if we do get a drop in max ipower levels. I could list more than 10 differences between our version of loot and survive and the PC's version of it. So I'm not asking if we are going to get what PC has, I am asking if the things that are different between the two versions of the same patch are going to stay different or if we are going to be a direct mirror of the PC eventually. There hasn't been an actual answer on this anywhere. I do read the forums before I post a question that is a repeat of what other people have posted 99 times already.

I know you say that you read the forums and people seem to post the same replies but I am not sure what other answer you are expecting.  We are not mirroring the PC updates currently, that is the true goal of Trendy's development team for the upcoming months.  They themselves have posted as much. One possible reason for disparity in the L&S content we have currently and what the PC had at that time probably had to do with what they could logically get working from base workings from the PC and coded for PS4.  This too has been posted by Trendy. Timmy has a post that is stickied from 3 days ago that gives an update on the PS4 roadmap and it is evident that they tweek some things for the PS4 to try and maintain project milestones and timeframes.  I see that you have an earlier post in that same thread so not sure if you have gone back to look at the OP lately.  There is what: Alpha and Beyond, Ascension I and II and now the new Harbinger content additions along with associated patches with them for the PC.   They are currently working 3 of those to push to us by end of Jan early Feb.  The answer to your question on that other thread about when we get larger towers was done in the Ascension I (which is right after L&S)  content update.  Considering we are technically  4 CUs behind(different) than PC,  they are going to need to roll new PS4 content into larger chunks to get us where we eventually are even with PC development cycles.  If you read the PC patch notes for these content updates, you can get an idea of the changes and what Update implemented them for items, new maps, Air lane resistances etc. 

@makani_mele quote:

I like to bounce back and forth between the PS4 and PC versions and I have noticed a few differences that seem to be apart from content update patches. I am curious if some things will always be different between the two versions, or if the plan is to pretty much mirror the PC when a new content patch is available for PS4. There are two thing in particular.

One is the bigger tower size and rebalanced towers on PC. I personally love the smaller tower size we have on the PS4. It allows for a little bit different build style. Will we be changing to the bigger towers, or staying the way we are now?

The main question I have is about item power levels. Currently on the PS4, the max item power level is around 850 from NM4 Liferoot incursion. PC maxes out around 700. Does this mean we will be moving to a lower overall ipower level in the next content update? If so, what happens to our current items? Will the be removed, rebalanced, unusable, but kept around for nostalgia? It would be nice to know if this is something that will happen or if it will continue to be different from the PC.

Also, ariel lane resistances....   I don't remember if that was a patch or not on PC, but I can't wait until that goes away!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read. Hopefully this post will get noticed and will get a red answer. Thanks for all your hard work and making a great game and trying to keep the hungry masses fed!

To answer your question in the most simple terms, yes! We will get pretty much the same content as PC, give or take minor changes here and there. But to answer your question about the iPWR, if PC's iPWR is 700, the PS4 will eventually be 700. To expand on this, all they will do is reduce 850 iPWR gear down to 700 iPWR from what I believe. But some items they may adjust numbers, but I'm not 100% sure on the latter.