PS4 needs better communication. Badly.

I still believe Trendy values PS4, but I also think the communication is hurting their image badly right now.  Especially with how DD1 on PS3 went.  I want to partially blame MS there, but I digress.

Communication is currently EXTREMELY bad for the PS4.  Each player who wants to know what is going on has to piece everything together from bits of streams to guess what is coming next, many from four months ago.  Why isn't someone from Trendy doing that leg work once?  It would remove a lot of the mystery, and I can tell you from chatting with many players that there is a ton of confusion.

What I'd like to see:

1) When a patch is confirmed to be on the way, give us full patch notes.  Stickied, not some link to the PC section as a reply somewhere

2) Up to date road map on what is being worked next on PS4.  IE: "we're doing Ascension, here's a link to the video and PC patch notes.  Trying to get Ascension 2 but not sure".  The "road map" is not a road map at all; it's some generalizations.

3) Up to date STICKIED list of known issues.  The current known issues list is woefully out of date.  Some of the bugs that have been on PS4 for 6 weeks have been barely acknowledged (like wartable), some have not been at all.  We need to see an official bug list of what you have, and as we reply we need to see that post be updated to know that it is known.  Unless I'm missing something, we don't have anything like that here.

4) How many times has someone asked about "wow I lost my campaign progress!"  "I bought an uber sphere and it's missing".  Obviously design/in-game text fixes, but in the meantime we need the FAQ updated.

Please don't take this as an angy rant, I'm not.  I just see this place (and in game) turning into a pit of vipers; the masses are getting restless.  As a dev (not game) I understand the difficulty in making promises.  I'm not asking for you to commit to an exact release date 6 weeks out with Sony and that other dev (forget the name) in the mix.  I AM asking for specifics on what you can give us - "X is currently being worked.  We don't know an exact date but will let you know.  Y is taking a little bit longer than expected".  There is no reason you can't tell us something, and Trendy is doing themselves and the PS4 community a disservice by failing to communicate clearly and concisely.

Totally agree.  I would also like to add that they should put out a weekly (or every 2 weeks) on where they are with development, etc...  Yes, they put that information in the DEV stream but what PS4 player wants to watch a dev stream where they show all the great stuff on the PC and NONE of it is available for the PS4.  Usually we have to sit there being tortured with all that greatness for about 40 minutes and then we get a few minutes of the PS4 progress.  

Trendy please respond and post in the PS4 section.  

I am guessing that Trendy probably cant get the information or is not being allowed to pass what information he has along to us.  Someone should help him get the information to us 

@cdhowell55 quote:

I am guessing that Trendy probably cant get the information or is not being allowed to pass what information he has along to us.  Someone should help him get the information to us 

If they can say it in a dev stream then they can put it into a forum post.   Obviously the information is typed up about what they can talk about, so that should not be hard to put into a post on the forums.

A stickied thread with the title of Weekly Update....  would be great.  Then just add a new post every week (locked)  - we don't need to ask questions in the thread.  it would just be a way to get information out to the DD2 PS4 fans.

Just want to add my agreement. The ps4 version is unplayable for me right now.  Kind of a bummer seeing as they sold me a "playable alpha with local co-op support".  My wife and I have yet to be able to stay connected to even finish the first map.  Incredibly frustrating.

There's no doubt in my mind that Trendy is "fumbling the ball" when it comes to console.  Figuratively speaking, Trendy isn't even in possession the "ball".

but guys!

It's pre alpha 

This is one post where Trendy really does need to at least comment in - but I am not holding my breath....

I am not sure what they feel they obtain from the lack of communication, other than ill will from pretty much the entire player base. As stated many times before, most of the PS4 players just want some form of reliable and regular updates. We do not want to play Sherlock Holmes to piece together information that will be second guessed constantly because it's mostly just information gleaned from the live stream or something TimmyTrashTier or another Dev says in a different topic.

Give us a few stickied threads where we can always go to be updated on progress, or lack there of , so we no longer need to have daily posts begging about the state up DD2 on the PS4.

I would love to see theps4 DD2 community to be able to be more positive than all the growing apprehension and negativity continue. The fix is easy and it's called communication.

I agree. I will talk with the PS4 team and the rest of our team on how we can better aggregate and surface that information to you. Thanks for the thread!

Iamisom beat me to this thread, but I did just comment on this same issue in another thread, I'll paste it in here:

I want to personally apologize for any lack of communication on our part. We are EXTREMELY hesitant to talk about upcoming patches or fixes for the PS4, since there is always a chance that some fixes will not make it through the Sony approval process. Very often, we will not know exactly what made it in to a patch until it's already live. 

That being said, I feel your pain, and would like to find a middle ground with you all. I am working with TimmyTrashTier to put together a reasonable road map, and I have been working with QA to collect a verified bug/known issues list. Expect those stickies to be updated before the end of the week. 

Thank you all for posting!

For myself, and I am sure a lot of others as well, it's not about getting concrete information, most of who are console player understand that there is a certification process and because of that, the content updates may change because of that. What most of us want are just general ideas of what to expect in the updates and when to expect them.

To many threads are started daily asking for information about the DD2 on the ps4 that only get met with silence.

That said I would like to take the time to say thank you for updating us, just letting us know that you are aware of the communication issue and are looking into ways to make sure information is passed to us in a more timely manner is a huge relief.

@iamisom quote:

I agree. I will talk with the PS4 team and the rest of our team on how we can better aggregate and surface that information to you. Thanks for the thread!

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

Iamisom beat me to this thread, but I did just comment on this same issue in another thread, I'll paste it in here:

I want to personally apologize for any lack of communication on our part. We are EXTREMELY hesitant to talk about upcoming patches or fixes for the PS4, since there is always a chance that some fixes will not make it through the Sony approval process. Very often, we will not know exactly what made it in to a patch until it's already live. 

That being said, I feel your pain, and would like to find a middle ground with you all. I am working with TimmyTrashTier to put together a reasonable road map, and I have been working with QA to collect a verified bug/known issues list. Expect those stickies to be updated before the end of the week. 

Thank you all for posting!

Yes! An update!  Thank You!  I cannot speak for everyone but for me, I need exactly what you are looking to put together.  I don't need exact dates as I fully understand the differences between PC and PS4 (i.e. the patches on the PS4 have to go through Sony approval and they can be rejected causing delays).  However, knowing what you are definitely working on and towards is a great thing!  

Thank you both again for replying to us.