PS4 multiplayer, is it even worth it?

Is it even worth using the "quick play" option atall?? ive been using it and all that ever happens is i get put in a solo game.

I NEVER get a public lobby with people to play with. this multiplayer game does not seem to be anything other than Solo-grinding. the quick play option on the map is an utter waste of time in my opinion.

Dungeon Defenders 1 was one of my all time favourite games, sadly i'm not seeing much good in dungeon defenders 2 right now... maybe it is because i'm on PS4 and i will be joining on PC once i build a pc (which i plan todo very soon)

Untill then anyone on PS4 who feels like playing in Actual "multiplayer" add me on PSN! :) 

(PSN = ShaneOneDude)

I hope the public multiplayer get's fixed soon, getting bored of playing singleplayer.

Quick Play random map should match make you with anyone who's  playing any map of the same difficulty and game mode that you have selected. Currently I like to check Free Play Normal and Hard random map and see if I get any hits as this is where I feel the majority of the player base is playing.

If you're not finding anyone, then that means no one in your region is playing on the difficulty and game mode that you have selected.

Speaking of region, I can say the Asia region is very quiet besides during night time where there are a handful. However, it seems to have been fairly quiet since the new year has commenced. There was quite a lot of activity around the Christmas period though.  Anyway, I usually check social tavern numbers to get a feel for player numbers at any given time. No idea about Europe/America regions.

Also, at the moment players can only play and match make with others in their region. This segments the PS4 community and is a factor in the low number of players in the game.

Which region are you in? If you're in Asia region, feel free to add me.

Another way to match make. Send invites to players in social tavern and see if anyone wants to group up. If you have a mic, use to it help you organise a group in the social tavern.