Sign in to follow this  
werox3

hero deck is a ?

@werox3 quote:

that's what people don't want that's what they are calling pay to win but I thought this was a all team based game but yeah idk that's what everyone who don't want it gone is saying it will become pay to win after.

@Zebrahash quote:

I have 9 level 50 chars, and i hate the hero deck. I build every char for somin different. Yes Remove the hero deck an some ppl will have a char for everything but thats thier choice. I'd build another monk if hero deck was gone just for the lightning towers cuz i have a purge evil mnk alrdy. I;ve gotten to the point where i now play the game with only 3 tower an 1 dmg dealer. almost every map can be done without a mnk, I can solo NM 4 liferoots and little horn valley NM 4 with no monk setup. Even tho i may be hurting my own point here abit, hero deck is frustrating. Yes it made me go outside the regular builds, but only because i had no choice in it.I think we should have the choice of our setups(which means no hero deck) but with hero deck it is making ppl rly go out there an try new setups. so in the end here i'd just like to say this, Hero deck is frustrating as hell.

I only bought one package because i thought the pet was gonna be worth it.. it wasn't.. Besides, making another char just means i;ve enjoyed leveling an gearing a new toon. pay to win is total BS because you Can't buy  weapons/gear so its not a pay to win. buying more char slots if you choose too just means yer getting more outa the game after you have  gotten all 700+ ipwr gear.

@Gnuy Niy quote:

https://youtu.be/e2aict8tdj4?t=27

They decide to put the hero deck limit down to 3.

To me it looks a lot more like they'll be keeping the same limit, but having multiple decks so you can choose which deck to play a game with (possibly after saying hi to other randoms and seing what you need to contribute)

If that is the case, it can only promote teamwork and having more than one player building :)

I seen the image of the youtube new display hero deck that is not permanent but you can clearly see 4 cards in the back of each hero card out in the front and not only that but the 3 on the left is the party's deck also and the far right is your deck that clearly shows 4 card together and its not official they clearly stated that too people are judging way to fast read a little before just looking at images or videos that's like you reading a picture book and making up your own story and not liking it why the *** would you do that?

@werox3 quote:

I seen the image of the youtube new display hero deck that is not permanent but you can clearly see 4 cards in the back of each hero card out in the front and not only that but the 3 on the left is the party's deck also and the far right is your deck that clearly shows 4 card together and its not official they clearly stated that too people are judging way to fast read a little before just looking at images or videos that's like you reading a picture book and making up your own story and not liking it why the *** would you do that?

Lmao, I'm waiting on someone to twist the hero concepts from the moba (that can be found via google btw) they used as an example during the "MORE HEROES" part of the video.  Something like "OMG EV CONFIRMED".  This nonsense always happens when breadcrumbs are given out to the masses.  Someone takes it far too seriously and it snowballs into silliness and speculation, then later on angst when it ends up being different in the end product.

@lewis_woodg quote:

@Gnuy Niy quote:

https://youtu.be/e2aict8tdj4?t=27

They decide to put the hero deck limit down to 3.

To me it looks a lot more like they'll be keeping the same limit, but having multiple decks so you can choose which deck to play a game with (possibly after saying hi to other randoms and seing what you need to contribute)

If that is the case, it can only promote teamwork and having more than one player building :)

This is wishful thinking I think. I hope you are right but more like everyone will look and see who has what and pick the builder right away instead of asking who has what.

@roboticaust quote:

@werox3 quote:

Lmao, I'm waiting on someone to twist the hero concepts from the moba (that can be found via google btw) they used as an example during the "MORE HEROES" part of the video.  Something like "OMG EV CONFIRMED".  This nonsense always happens when breadcrumbs are given out to the masses.  Someone takes it far too seriously and it snowballs into silliness and speculation, then later on angst when it ends up being different in the end product.

Yeah, well i'm just laughing at everyone already assuming that the deck is going to be lowered or the example given be used in the current version some people like to go too far ahead on assuming things but that's ok we all probably did at some point I always tell everyone it's just a race against time to see what happens all you can do is hope! :)

We're taking a long look at the Hero Deck internally, and trying to figure out where and how it fits into our long term vision of a deep library of heroes. I'll continue to monitor this thread and pass the feedback on to the Design team. Thanks for posting!

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

We're taking a long look at the Hero Deck internally, and trying to figure out where and how it fits into our long term vision of a deep library of heroes. I'll continue to monitor this thread and pass the feedback on to the Design team. Thanks for posting!

Can you just remove it? 

We've talked endlessly about how it hinders gameplay. How it disadvantages solo players who have access to less heroes than groups. How it destroys team play, not encourages it, because you can't guess what you'll need in a game and if no-one has the right heroes players leave and the game fails, this hurts people not playing in organised groups. How it goes against the spirit of DD1, making DD2 feel restrictive and boring. 

Worst of all how it just feels like it completely kills the fun. Especially in solo. I like group play but I used to play quite a lot of DD1 solo and not being able to bring along all my heroes makes no sense to me. It makes the game super boring.

As you release more and more heroes it's only going to feel more restrictive and more of a fun-killer. Best to just accept that it's not the right path to take and remove it at this stage.

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

I'd say keep the basic idea as it is (and don't just increase the slots or this topic will re-appear every time a new hero/build arrives).

Personally, I think it would be great to be able to build your deck while in the game. Heroes would be locked onto your deck when you use them in a game, allowing you to choose which ones to use in-game while preventing you from using more than 4 (or some other mechanic to get a similar effect).

This would allow people to choose heroes that fit in with their team while still promoting multiple players building together and purchases of hero slots without causing the "P2W" issues :)

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

You don't need to tell us you're taking a long look. It's the longest look ever. What the community needs is no more of these generic noncommittal statments. Can someone from Trendy just please tell us something substantial about this. I'd even just be happy with knowing if it is a high priority. Surly after over a year you have something to share. 

@Chappyy quote:

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

You don't need to tell us you're taking a long look. It's the longest look ever. What the community needs is no more of these generic noncommittal statments. Can someone from Trendy just please tell us something substantial about this. I'd even just be happy with knowing if it is a high priority. Surly after over a year you have something to share. 

Chappyy for President !!

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

The Hero Deck is not "a deep library of Heroes".

The Hero Deck is a grocery store front door that only allow you to take out 4 items at a time when you are trying to do grocery shopping for a week.

The Hero Deck is a 4 seat Honda Civic.  It works awesome for some families, but is painful for a family of 6.

so wait a minute is the new patch on the 9th going to bring a change to the hero deck or is this when abyss lord join in does anyone know?

@werox3 quote:

so wait a minute is the new patch on the 9th going to bring a change to the hero deck or is this when abyss lord join in does anyone know?

The first rule about hero deck is, you don't talk about hero deck!

Trendy hasn't said anything about the hero deck except they are trying to figure out what to do with it. So I wouldn't expect a change any time soon.

Here is the quote from Iamisom from this Thread

This next update will focus primarily on new content because most of our designers and programmers are working on core changes that will begin to arrive in the following update. This year, it's our goal to improve major game mechanics. After this update is out, we'll begin to share the nitty-gritty details of those changes.