Sign in to follow this  
buttstallion

Game is dying.

I am waiting for the next patch to start playing again.

I hop in and out of this game from time to time to see how the game is developing and I personally love the amount of feedback that the community gets from the developers, seems they are not afraid to try new things and if they don't work they try to change it instead of scrapping it all together, sure they wait for the next patch instead of hot-fixing the problem but it makes players try new strategies to beat the broken thing.

I think there is a lot of players like me who don't play for a while until they see a change that they want to check out.

there will be a time that this game pulls me in and I cant stop playing it, just waiting for that time.

Many players stopped due to the broken PDT fiasco, and therefore no challenge left.

The new update will focus on end game and the possible endless progression of the DAL, Defender Ascension Levels. Info is pretty thin about all of it but I for one know that sitting at level 50 and nothing happening with the exp I am earning is a little disheartening. So leveling however it is done after 50 is a plus.

I hope when the release comes out for Trials we will see many if not all the Defenders coming back to enjoy the new experience, it seems like a huge overhaul.

I know I'll be hitting it hard to get that IPWR 1k next to my name.copter.png

Adding my short two cents, which I am sure will be considered near sighted.  The game actually is slowing trailing off.  Look at the stats for how the steam player base is IN the game compared to on the forums.   Steam Stats show a steady trend of a loss of player base.  You can then perform a comparison of patches and what Trendy is doing to see what is driving these lower numbers.   

We will see that Trendy has done something very negative in the game and/or to the player base (balancing) , is making promises that - in all openness - they are doing better at keeping but they still dial up the hype communication to a ten which many perceive as "buy ourselves time so we don't have to be open/transparent".  We see that Trendy is also not listening to players to the way they implement things is either poorly designed or very poorly implemented - depends on the patch - siege rollers is a perfect example.  We also see examples of a game that was claimed to be early access for so long and seen, and at times somewhat proven, as a honey pot for money rather than creating quality for players.

I think we are all fans of the game which is why threads like this can be quite sensitive.  We all want the game to be "great" because we can see and feel what it can become.  We all have memories that carry over from DD or DD:E of what can be achieved in what they previously created.  We have experienced the same, to an extent, creative fun and tense moments as we strive to protect the crystals in DD:2.  But it's not quite there; and please, none of us are looking for a rehash of DD with simply updated graphics.

Has it taken Trendy much longer than another developer their same size to produce a quality game that would have come out of Early Access sooner - sorry, shots fired! - yes.  Are they still working on things?  Yep.  Are they doing it in a well communicated and more acceptable way that dev's their same size do things?  Not so much, they have a playing field to learn and grown from to mature in.

Before people start taking shots at each other for such a thread Trendy has written the history of what we experience here.  There are two sides of every coin.  Trendy has proven to be on the better side and worse side of the coin as well.  We all interpret this in our own ways but it all leads back to one point - Trendy.  Just sharing my two cents based on Trendy's history.

I love DD:2, and I also disapprove of how they are going about things - it's sloppy to a degree, if not the communication makes it quite sloppy.  Will they get to where DD:2 needs to be, I truly hope so.  I still log in and play every now and then but nothing like DD on Xbox where I had hundreds of hours.  I'll give them time, I even supported Trendy by buying all but one of their DLCs, but they're not doing enough now to warrant any further earnings of any persons moneys.

@Bill4364 quote:

Tl;DR:  It is a joke to still call this an EA game.  That is clearly just a label that allows the Devs to focus more on paid content than core content, and the game itself seems to be horribly devoid of players.  It is not so much dying as decomposing from my, admittedly external, perspective.

I find it strange that you are able to justify that post, considering that you haven't played it in so long and have not kept up with the changes along the way. It would be like walking into a restaurant and complaining to the manager about how bad everything on the menu is, when you only know the menu from 2 years ago and haven't looked at the changes made in all that time. So your complaints about no steak and too many salads were addressed nearly a year ago - but that's cool, hopefully you were just having a bad day and all those grudges held about the terrible menu just finally had to come out because you couldn't hold them in anymore. The manager, whose time you just completely wasted, will understand.

DD2 is the perfect example of an Early Access game. The devs have been changing and adding things the entire time. Were some of those additions new characters to purchase? Yes. (The characters can also be had for free with a bit of medal farming.) Were many of the changes new features or bug fixes (or additions..:))? Yes. There were hero-specific weapons/armor added, new incursions, the ability to add stats, and a Terraria crossover, just to name a very few. The game is not finished. Therefore it is perfectly able to stay in Early Access, no matter how much attention they have given to changing some random text in the game's definition on Steam. 

The only answer is for you to play the current game, rather than harp on things you may or may not even remember correctly from years ago. Better yet, wait until the 28th when one of the biggest updates in the game's history hits. If you wish to bash the game after playing how it is currently, at least that post would have a bit of credibility.

It died a year ago, but someone's necromancy powers surpass even a dark mage's.

To  say they fix nothing is absurd.

Now - no lag  on join, no lag during gameplay - these were big ones for me; finally fixed.

Ofc - end game update is GOING to define how all of this turns out.

I want this to survive and be played for years - that ofc will no doubt involve power creep :/ but what else can happen. We want games to go on and on, but that design is hard to achieve imo.