Sign in to follow this  
Drkfreak

Honest Op please!

I have been a long DD fan and played DD1 for as long as it was out on PS3 but since then I have found that I enjoy PC just as much ... So the question at hand is , is DD2 worth an honest try ... Just to make a point , no I haven't used nor will i use a check engine. Yes I am fully aware that it is only an Alpha level game at the moment. I understand it is in construction and there will be tons of bugs and updates. That , to me , is the best part. Being apart of a community and helping make a game the best it can be ... So back to the question , is it worth giving DD2 my time and effort ???

I mean DD2 is free and the campaign and early end game are really fun. So yes its worth giving a try just don't expect to have fun at endgame for very long.

I mean when dd1 was out it got boring at first but when they started to add things in , like more levels both players and maps ... It became more and more of a challenge. Then when it got to hard the community offered help ... Of course for a trade of a fav lol ... But that's what makes the game fun ... The community and the challenge of a well constructed game , after all the bugs are gone of course :)

Well its abit reversed here like Pegazul said. First fun then boring at end game. But like you said it's in Alpha and the stuff will get added, but it will take time to do so =).

Yeah this game is not like DD1 though. I played DD1 through all the DLC on and off and never really got frustrated and stuck like this. This game doesn't have a End game like DD1. There are no cool pets to farm. Most pets do the same thing and can be farmed on any map. There aren't many cool challenges or achievements. There are some special weapons but they are completely RNG to even get the right weapon.

In DD1 you win a map and you get the special weapon your trying to farm as a reward with some RNG stats.

In DD2 you win the map and you have a RNG chance to get anything at all and then if your lucky a RNG chance to get 1 of 4-5 weapons and then a RNG chance to get the right stats. Its pretty insane and its whats causing most people to quit among other things.

As an example i did a solo run of Ramparts inc NM3 which is one of the harder maps in the game that has a chance to reward 1 of 4 special weapons i believe. I  barely made it through the map with some serious struggles. My reward was literally nothing(for 20 - 30mins of struggle). In DD1 worst case i would have gotten the weapon/special pet with some huge negative stats or bad base damage.

@Pegazul quote:

Yeah this game is not like DD1 though. I played DD1 through all the DLC on and off and never really got frustrated and stuck like this. This game doesn't have a End game like DD1. There are no cool pets to farm. Most pets do the same thing and can be farmed on any map. There aren't many cool challenges or achievements. There are some special weapons but they are completely RNG to even get the right weapon.

In DD1 you win a map and you get the special weapon your trying to farm as a reward with some RNG stats.

In DD2 you win the map and you have a RNG chance to get anything at all and then if your lucky a RNG chance to get 1 of 4-5 weapons and then a RNG chance to get the right stats. Its pretty insane and its whats causing most people to quit among other things.

As an example i did a solo run of Ramparts inc NM3 which is one of the harder maps in the game that has a chance to reward 1 of 4 special weapons i believe. I  barely made it through the map with some serious struggles. My reward was literally nothing(for 20 - 30mins of struggle). In DD1 worst case i would have gotten the weapon/special pet with some huge negative stats or bad base damage.

OK that would def make me a little tiked ... Sorry to hear that pegazul... Again hoping for the best the only thing we can do is grind out the bugs and silly unbalanced things ... Such as not getting a reward for our grinds that take 30mins and hope that trendy sees our reports of these things and does something ... I myself , after sifting through the ranting and complaining comments on other forums , will give DD2 the same chance I give any sequil game ... 

Just a second thought if anyone wants to team up on a couple of power leveling grinds ( Keep in mind I just started my DD2 game :) ) hit me up ...

@Drkfreak quote:

@Pegazul quote:

OK that would def make me a little tiked ... Sorry to hear that pegazul... Again hoping for the best the only thing we can do is grind out the bugs and silly unbalanced things ... Such as not getting a reward for our grinds that take 30mins and hope that trendy sees our reports of these things and does something ... I myself , after sifting through the ranting and complaining comments on other forums , will give DD2 the same chance I give any sequil game ... 

Just a second thought if anyone wants to team up on a couple of power leveling grinds ( Keep in mind I just started my DD2 game :) ) hit me up ...

Don't worry. With the next patch they will implement the fix of the low % chance on the ramparts weapons. 

Then we will have 0 rare weapons in the game. Yay! .....

As for DD1 "always dropping" the special weapon is pure BS. 

I can't count or even remember how many times I did the "rising lava map" to get a rock thrower. I got maybe 4-5 of them in my total play time. 

Then the map with all the "transport tracks" It for sure had no 100% chance to get the special weapon. 

Seahorse? I don't  remember if it was a guaranteed drop. But 9/10 or even more were ***. 

Only map I can remember consistently rewarding weapons were the challenges. Correct me if I am wrong on this. 

Take Pezagul with a grain of salt. He just seems to be on a tantrum and is being overly negative in the recent posts I've seen. 

@Pegazul Woah you did a whole single run of ramparts inc? And did not get a upgrade? The game would of been really boring if we would get a upgrade every 30 min of play time we spent. You would been at stat cap in a few weeks.

I really wish they keep the ramparts weapons rare. AND add more of weapons like it. 10 per class. Of rare good weapons, all viable at end game. 

Should the game reward you more if you struggle on a map? You can say I've been lucky the past week and have gotten 2 ramparts bows and a staff. Both bows were 1s, so not a upgrade for me. The staff was a 4s which I already had. But it did have DP so I want to try out a DP/AP hybrid. 

So now I am farming for DP and AP gear. So should I post on forum after every map that I do not get one piece of that gear?

If I am coming off as too offensive I apologize, but your example of completing a NM3 ramparts and did not get a upgrade set the standard...

Kk peeps ... It was a simple question in my end bout if i should give an honest try to DD2 ... And all that replyed did give their honest answer ... With added details ... And no pandy your not coming off to hard your just giving your view point on the matter ... In short I agree with both sides ( yes it sounds like a cop out but its true ) i have been there on the fine end of the blade with DD1 when it was an alpha as well but i stuck through to the end ... And in DD2 i will do the same , and help out any who ask me on the way ... Dont give up is my moto and its gotten me further in game and RL.... Thanks for the feed back ppl and I hope to catch you all in the end of a great game :) hopfully:)

@Drkfreak quote:

Kk peeps ... It was a simple question in my end bout if i should give an honest try to DD2 ... And all that replyed did give their honest answer ... With added details ... And no pandy your not coming off to hard your just giving your view point on the matter ... In short I agree with both sides ( yes it sounds like a cop out but its true ) i have been there on the fine end of the blade with DD1 when it was an alpha as well but i stuck through to the end ... And in DD2 i will do the same , and help out any who ask me on the way ... Dont give up is my moto and its gotten me further in game and RL.... Thanks for the feed back ppl and I hope to catch you all in the end of a great game :) hopfully:)

The campaign is a real blast in the first play through. Its amazing from what I remember. 

You will hit a wall doh in later game. you will need/want several heroes at level 50. Playing with friends fixes this grind wall.

ADD PEOPLE TO FRIENDS! 

That is my biggest and most important suggestion.

Having people you enjoy playing with makes the game easier and more enjoyable.

So many people on here have the mindset taht "all randoms are bad, and I am the best". 

Be a human being, be nice to people and you will have a blast. 

The game will get repetivtive at end game, but any game game you play is better with people you enjoy playing with. 

Don't rush you'r first play through. Play it at hard(normal*). And you will have fun, and learn a lot of things about the game.

@PandynatorDD quote:

ADD PEOPLE TO FRIENDS! 

So many people on here have the mindset taht "all randoms are bad, and I am the best". 

This is pretty much the most important part for endgame to keep it entertaining =). I can sign this with a full paper of signs *gobu*

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Drkfreak quote:

The campaign is a real blast in the first play through. Its amazing from what I remember. 

You will hit a wall doh in later game. you will need/want several heroes at level 50. Playing with friends fixes this grind wall.

ADD PEOPLE TO FRIENDS! 

The game will get repetivtive at end game, but any game game you play is better with people you enjoy playing with. 

Don't rush you'r first play through. Play it at hard(normal*). And you will have fun, and learn a lot of things about the game.

+1!!!!

Remember to add any player you actually enjoy playing with, i for one can guarentee that there's plenty of cool people out there in DD2, i have 150+ people added on steam that play DD2 (ofc not all are active players), so it's just about finding them. Personally i'm a real jerk (guy i quoted here can confirm) so how i can manage to only actually play when i have friends playing, is a real mystery ;)

And the game is free, go give the campaign a shot (squire or mage are good starter classes) and see if you enjoy that, if you do, there's plenty of content to keep you grinding for many hours :P

Panty i didn't really read all of your weird dark blue writing but i think i got the gist of it? I don't expect to get some amazing weapon for running Ramparts once. I was just using that as a example of how un-fun and grindy the game is.

I've ran NM4/NM3 ramparts probably 10+ times and i got 1 squire sword with AP or something silly to show for it.  Thats aprox 5 hours in a repetitive map with the same boring meta build and no usable reward.

I don't mind having 1 level of RNG maybe even 2 but 3 is to damn much.

As for DD1. Not all special weapons where 100% but most of the stuff i was farming for was 100%.

Those weapons where rewards and not drops. I think it was based on what class you where. Seahoreses where 100%. Kobolts also where 100%. The weapon i was talking about was Pawnshot which i believe was 100% as long as you where on a huntress at the end of the map.

From my perspective it looks like you just want to protect your "elite rare lootz" which really just means your willing to do a mind numbing repetitive task over and over and over for weeks. It takes no skill to beat any maps in multiplayer. Finding the loot is also no achievement its just grind. 

In wow you where cool if you where the first to have raid gear because it took organization and a semblance of skill. In this game you just play a lot of hours.

If you want to keep your "elite badazz" status and are willing to let the game die for it then that's your personal problem don't follow me around and cry about it.

Please ... I understand we all have are op and i am more then greatful for everyones that have answered my thread ... Peg and Pandy and all the others ... But please i would rather not let this thread get into another agrument match between others ... Again as before I agree with both sides on the issues and your ops on the game ... At the moment in time i know there are issues that trendy needs to address but all i asked was is it worth it even at the state it is in ... And i did my reserach and listen and read others op and made my decision on that info ... Again ty for your helpful advise ... But please dont turn this into an agument 😯

Well to answer the op & ignore the rest no I wouldn't recommend playing dd2 currently. I feel there's a lack of a endgame & what is currently there will leave players feeling a bit sour. 

I'd say to either comeback in half a year then give dd2 a try or do the campaign & some freeplay then quit & comeback later when there's more to the game.

@topler quote:

Well to answer the op & ignore the rest no I wouldn't recommend playing dd2 currently. I feel there's a lack of a endgame & what is currently there will leave players feeling a bit sour. 

I'd say to either comeback in half a year then give dd2 a try or do the campaign & some freeplay then quit & comeback later when there's more to the game.

Ty topler... All tho i have yet to get a full view of some game play for myself I think I might give it a full run to get a better op for myself and stuck around to help others and for out where this game is going 😁

Ill throw in my 2 cents. 

My biggest problem with DD2 is that theres no feeling of actual progression with characters. It infuriates me to no end that they removed attack speed and range off tower stats and made it as passives that are almost completely useless over other passives and once even more passives get introduced theres not gonna be any reason to use the tower range and speed (because of how minimal the boost is overall) over other passives. If they would just bring back the speed and range back as actual stats and not passives it would give more sense of character growth which is what i loved about DD1 personally.