Has anyone found a Purge Evil Polearm?

A friend has and showed it to me.  He got it from beating the level with Mathias (forget the level name) on nightmare IV.

@pyro117 quote:

A friend has and showed it to me.  He got it from beating the level with Mathias (forget the level name) on nightmare IV.

Is this on PS4?

I've found a lot  the other classes' special ability weapons and I was starting to think that it's not available yet on PS4 (I hope that's not the case). However, I did do some searching and read that others have found them while playing their huntress or that they've only found like 1 in 100+ hours of gameplay.

@Mysticwriter612 quote:

@pyro117 quote:

What is Mathias? Or are you talkin pc...?

I think pyro117 is referring to the dark mage boss named Mathias? Well at least I think that's his name if I recall correctly.

I can confirm this legendary pole arm drops on ps4 from Malthius.  He is found on Ramparts incursion.  

Probably not found because most people run nothing but liferoot.   They really need to tweak some of the ipwr levels on these stages.  Shouldn't have the best equipment dropping from the easiest level. 

well I would like to point out the purge evil polearm is not like the one on pc is a flat damage and not a class specific passive ie a colored one. Its not even a colored passive and doesn't help you at all. what 3k extra damage to some thing that has 240k ?

@brbupp quote:

I can confirm this legendary pole arm drops on ps4 from Malthius.  He is found on Ramparts incursion.  

^ that is what I meant.

I said it, so it's confirmed.  Not sure why the doubt, but if you don't believe people online you could just check for yourself, the drop rate is actually  very high. 

http://imgur.com/TdEYU0p

For actually getting it to drop - you'll want to be on a monk for wave 5 because Malthius has several unique drops but the drop matches your class most of the time.  Also drops a staff that marks enemies and a bow that lowers enemy resistances.  The weapon is called Legendary Polearm and drops almost every time, but it does not always drop with Purge Evil.  Maybe 1/4 times on that from what I can tell.

I don't believe it drops outside of incursion...Malthius isn't interactive there, is he?  I haven't tested. 

@FrostSaker - add me (same name on PSN as here), I can show you how I build it and run you through NM4.  Definitely one of the harder maps, but still mostly AFKable.  I'd like to get a better version that at least has defensive power.

As for the staff being underwhelming - I really have to agree.  A couple thousand damage is very small when traps are doing hundreds of thousands with frosty power.  One thing to note is that when the patch hits to change how the weapon works, any in your inventory should get a boost.  The biggest issue IMO with this is the iPWR is 150 less than you can find in staves elsewhere.  So you'll lose some attack and DP no matter what.

As far as I can tell, once the patch hits that makes this polearm much better...it will also start dropping everywhere.  So people can farm it on liferoot like they do everything else. :)  I'd really love it if they moved up the iPWR on some of the other maps so we aren't encouraged to play the same map so often.

Thanks for posting the image by the way.

After looking at the text, I now agree it's very weak. I thought it would be X% of defense power or something like almost all other effects that use a percentage of something.

I'll probably not bother trying to farm for one now.

@motosh2013 quote:

who is mathius lol what stage is he

Main boss in Ramparts Incursion. He's basically a high hp boss version  of a dark mage. He can also spawn as a normal boss in other game modes too.

• 3 weeks later...

@Riviet quote:

Has anyone found it drop from non-incursion Malthiuses? Just wondering.

it only  drops from incursion ramparts. (i even think nm+)

Gluttony, yes we will get the pc version of this weapon once we get the updates.

DLT FRost, try building  BEFORE the healing circles ^^.

• 3 weeks later...

I got them from running nightmare 2 maps non incursions. I just don't know which map they came from because I ran about 5 in a row before checking for loot.

@Riviet quote:

Has anyone found it drop from non-incursion Malthiuses? Just wondering.

yup lots of them I have 11 of them from end game liferoot nm3 no incursion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I got purge evil on the first map nightmare 2! But regardless of how much dps you put into your monk he can't survive a moment battling a horde so I find its wasted?

@WreckinIT quote:

Hey I got purge evil on the first map nightmare 2! But regardless of how much dps you put into your monk he can't survive a moment battling a horde so I find its wasted?

It's used on Monk builder to make Serenity Auro help deal dmg.  Combine with the L Sphere for Serenity to increase hero dmg and it's a nice passive combo.  Anything that dies from any source within the Purge Serenity will explode for bonus dmg and can create a nice chain reaction.

@Riviet quote:

I want one so bad!

The Dark Mage boss on Ramparts can drop it, it is also a rare drop from any map, or any legendary chest. You just need RNG to like you, good luck.