Sign in to follow this  
AdmendNi

Pc and Mac

Recently me and a couple of friends bought DD1 and when we try to play it says "fail to join game from invite" I did some research and i seen that Mac and Pc wont work together. Do you know when this will be fixed. i really want toplay with my friends and im angry that this is stopping us from playing. If i would have known i would have gotten DD2 for free instead of spending 10$ on the map packs. Thank you and plzz tell me when it will be fixed.

its a "work in progress" type deal. no one really has a date for it. basically we need someone at trendy to stop working on dd2 and spend a day working on building a branch for dd1 on ios 

There is supposed to be a Mac update coming eventually from Trendy, but they're keeping resources focused on DD2 so we don't have a timeframe for a Mac release. Honestly, I would recommend getting a refund for Mac users currently if your main focus is playing with other people. Right now Mac can really only be played solo due to lack of people. 

Also will i ever know when there will be an update to it or should i just abandon this game till it updates. Bc i dont really want to play with randoms.

I am sure you will know when the Mac gets updated as there will be great rejoicing  by many.  There are many who have friends on Mac and have had to deal with this.

When Trendy gets back from their holiday break, maybe we will get some good news related to this.  Currently we are in a wait and see mode though.

also waiting on the linux patch. The game is very laggy when you play it through wine, at least for me.

Hey I also had this problem with my friend, He has a MacBook and I have a windows laptop and we are unable to play with each other. Is this problem fixed? do you guys know how we can play together?

The only way mac users can play with windows friends is through windows... They can use a dual boot to boot into windows or use a windows virtual machine. There they can install steam and install dungeon defenders for windows.

This tread also answers it: https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/136218/compatibility-for-windows-and-mac

@Scylla quote:

The only way mac users can play with windows friends is through windows... They can use a dual boot to boot into windows or use a windows virtual machine. There they can install steam and install dungeon defenders for windows.

This tread also answers it: https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/136218/compatibility-for-windows-and-mac

Just make sure that if you switch to windows that you dont switch back as it will corrupt your Ranked data.

seeing as this thread is being bumped anyway...

I will once again request an update on whether the recent updates will EVER be brought back to mac/linux. The last I heard was that it is up to trendy, who do not feel like doing it apparently . As it stands it seems a little unfair to offer a game for 3 platforms which only really works on 1.

Please could a cdt or trendy member bring some clarity

Apologies for the continued bumping, but this continues to be an issue important to me and many others. 

I will once again request an update on whether the recent updates will EVER be brought back to mac/linux. The last I heard was that it is up to trendy, who do not feel like doing it apparently . As it stands it seems a little unfair to offer a game for 3 platforms which only really works on 1.

Please could a cdt or trendy member bring some clarity

Story hasn't changed as far as I know.  CDT still doesn't have the capability to make a build for Linux.  Trendy is still working hard on DD2 so I doubt they have any resources free yet to do it.  

Thank you Acen. I trust the CDT will keep the mac/linux people in mind should Trendy ever have the resources available. Also,  can someone perhaps put up a sticky thread on steam notifying people of the incompatibility? The only information on this currently is in the update notes from last year.

@Partymania1 quote:

Hey I also had this problem with my friend, He has a MacBook and I have a windows laptop and we are unable to play with each other. Is this problem fixed? do you guys know how we can play together?

@ThePoet424 quote:

Thank you Acen. I trust the CDT will keep the mac/linux people in mind should Trendy ever have the resources available. Also,  can someone perhaps put up a sticky thread on steam notifying people of the incompatibility? The only information on this currently is in the update notes from last year.

@ddace quote:

@Scylla quote:

Just make sure that if you switch to windows that you dont switch back as it will corrupt your Ranked data.

Glad I read this, was about to play on Linux :/

tfw you want to get on ranked to shove your wealth in your friend's faces, but you can't even play with your PC friend's anymore cause you're a macman

when did this issue come along? cause it was compatible back in the day.

also, lol6monthbump. not sorry.