Sign in to follow this  
topler

Armor Cleanser Bow

So I can't remember the last time I found one of these bows, I've been grinding some ramparts incursion because I believe that's where it dropped, does it still drop there? If not where does it or is it just a random drop now.

I'd also like to talk about it's effectiveness now. Is it still good? What type of projectile does it have? Can it have different firing rate? Would it be bad solo but good in a group? Is the -res portion of it still effective/good? ect

Haven't seen it drop in a good while now. But i believe it is still dropping all 4 Malthius-Weapons with an abysmal low chance.

Bow can drop 1s,2s,4s. Its an mortarlike shot that splits on impact in 5 or 6 pellets for AoE-damage.

That's also where the high dps comes from.

Like betsy bow it hits all the mobs around, resulting in DPS only betsy bow can be compared to, hile having a better passive (debuff resistance).

Bow is worse DPS on single big targets and a bit awkward vs AIR.
All in all i prefer Armored Cleanser over Betsy Bow and there are very little exceptions i switch to a 4s-Ele-BurstBow.

My understanding is that it's still attainable.  Prepatch I was running upwards of 20 ramps inc daily with a dedicated group, yet had no luck on any special wep drop the few weeks we did this.  I do know people in my group got a few of all 3 drops.  Postpatch though, I have no idea.  I will let you in on a secret though... someone goofed up the new item shop so that all lootable things within the loot table can be purchased here including ramps inc drops, betsy drops, onslaught specials, (not too sure on this one since I havent seen one in here yet, but maybe harbinger too?).  So it's possible to get an i550 one that way.  Definitely won't be as great as grinding nm4 inc, but it'll at least give you a chance to play with it on dummy and see if it's really something you wanna grind for.

@Shir quote:

Haven't seen it drop in a good while now. But i believe it is still dropping all 4 Malthius-Weapons with an abysmal low chance.

Bow can drop 1s,2s,4s. Its an mortarlike shot that splits on impact in 5 or 6 pellets for AoE-damage.

That's also where the high dps comes from.

Like betsy bow it hits all the mobs around, resulting in DPS only betsy bow can be compared to, hile having a better passive (debuff resistance).

Bow is worse DPS on single big targets and a bit awkward vs AIR.
All in all i prefer Armored Cleanser over Betsy Bow and there are very little exceptions i switch to a 4s-Ele-BurstBow.

Hmm thanks for the info! Sounds like it has a interesting projectile & I'm hoping the debuff to res would allow my towers to make up for my characters dps drop. 

@roboticaust quote:

My understanding is that it's still attainable.  Prepatch I was running upwards of 20 ramps inc daily with a dedicated group, yet had no luck on any special wep drop the few weeks we did this.  I do know people in my group got a few of all 3 drops.  Postpatch though, I have no idea.  I will let you in on a secret though... someone goofed up the new item shop so that all lootable things within the loot table can be purchased here including ramps inc drops, betsy drops, onslaught specials, (not too sure on this one since I havent seen one in here yet, but maybe harbinger too?).  So it's possible to get an i550 one that way.  Definitely won't be as great as grinding nm4 inc, but it'll at least give you a chance to play with it on dummy and see if it's really something you wanna grind for.

This is sad to hear but nice at the same time, sounds like I'll have to be looking at the shops more often.

The resistance removal is only a 5-10% increase now. Still probably worth it since the resistance lowering is for all damage sources.

@gigazelle quote:

The resistance removal is only a 5-10% increase now. Still probably worth it since the resistance lowering is for all damage sources.

My friend ally religiously plays using this bow and swears by it even after that change.  And shes one of the more skillful players on my buddys list.  So I'd say its likely still worth it.  She's running hd/hdcrit spec and rocks it well with this bow.

Just wish I could find one ;_; They seem to be the holy grails of bows nowadays, especially ones with 4/s.

@gigazelle quote:

Just wish I could find one ;_; They seem to be the holy grails of bows nowadays, especially ones with 4/s.

Yeah hers makes me jelly, especially after how many runs I've done trying to get those 3 special weapons.  She loves to mess around with people in our groups though... "OH! I just found a bow with burst 4/s, 50 more hd and 2% more hero crit chance.  Should I use it instead?" then when they answer 'yes' she goes "Naw, my bow is better" lol

@dreamanime quote:

prepatch i needed 139 rampart runs to get breaker. Now i probably would need around 400. 

that's a bit disheartening & if that's how many time I'd have to run ramparts the I'll never get the bow :/ Guess I'll just keep a lookout on the shop & hope one pops up.

I am happy we have three weapons that are actually rare. Would love to see more. 

Whats the fun of farming for gear if everything would be easily accessible?

I have not gotten a 4/4 legendary burst bow with ap and all passives. In ALL my time. 

So whats wrong with a bow/sword/staff being rare?

It might be too rare. But IMO rare weapons should be a thing. It probably will not though, since everyone wants it to drop in 30 tries. Nothing will be rare if you have a 1 in 30 chance of getting it. 

But what if you have 10 of these rare weapons per class? With some loot tables overlapping. 

Say you have a chance to get 2 of the rare weapons/items in 5 different maps? 

Items would still be rare, you would eventually  get a few of them without even trying. 

[[9537,hashtags]]

well random drops are rare too =). Like I never had a DH/HH with barricades yet. Or my best DP/DC + dcrit chance body armor is still ... mythical! since month!

Yea, good rare bows are hard to find.  I have a blue bow, that 4/s burst 4 shot... its the best DPS  bow I have.  

I get others (this gift bow as an example ) but lower DPS when I try to use it.  Just wrong stats/passives.

Actually had someone comment that I was using only a blue bow at the time in a nm4 run.  I just have really bad drop luck.

not hard to get just need time, like everything in life. It'll come in time. I;ve seen 3 in tavern shop. an only seen 1 drop  on NM 4 ramparts. Yes i spent about 3 weeks playing ramparts daily an finally got a NM 4 one. Just takes time if you want it, you'll get it.