[Early Access] Hotfix 9.2 Notes and Discussion

Hotfix 9.2 is here! Here are the notes:

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where Pet Ability Reroll prices were going above the intended 10,000 Gold cap. For those who spent money on Pet Ability Rerolls, we’ve included a compensation in this update. Details on that are in the next section.

• Fixed a bug where the Dragolich’s Damage Buff was affecting the damage dealt to the Harbinger when a cannon was destroyed.

• The Harbinger now destroys the Training Dummies in his arena upon spawning on the Prince's Ship.

• Fixed a bug where the Null Void Training Dummy passive was affecting the Harbinger.

Pet Ability Reroll Compensation

• If you spent gold on Pet Ability Rerolls before 5PM EST yesterday, you’ll find the following items in the Mailbox shortly after 3PM EST today:

• Total Spent = 1,000 – 15,000 Gold

• Refund – 10,000 Gold

• Total Spent = 15,001 – 50,000 Gold

• Refund – 30,000 Gold

• Total Spent = 50,001 – 100,000 Gold

• Refund – 80,000 Gold

• Total Spent = 100,001 – 250,000 Gold

• Refund – 200,000 Gold

• Total Spent = 250,001 Gold or more

• Refund – 450,000 Gold (avg spent here is 430k gold)

Notes About Loot Changes

• First of all, thank you so much for sharing your feedback about the recent loot changes. Your constructive criticism will help us further tweak the system.

• We’re working on an update that will further increase the frequency of desirable stat combinations and passives based on your feedback, so stay tuned for more news on that improvement in the near future.

• Brett, the designer behind the recent loot changes, took to the forums last night to take a deeper dive into the new systems. You can check out his post here.

War Cache Update

• The War Cache has been updated to generate galactic weapons of weapons up to Nightmare IV iPWR. 
  • Currently, there's a known issue where the War Cache will generate for the first hero that loads into the tavern instead of the hero who opens the Cache. We're working to fix this issue in a future update.

i also didn't see a fix for the frosty tower doing nothing no beam no freeze they just sit there. thanks for the update at least there where some fix's.

@drag7399 quote:

i also didn't see a fix for the frosty tower doing nothing no beam no freeze they just sit there. thanks for the update at least there where some fix's.

This is a known bug. From what we've seen, the Frostbite Tower is still functionally working but it's visually not displaying the beam. If you Inspect Defense during the Combat Phase, the "Enemies Chilled" stat should be rising if it's working. Please let me know if you see it not actually working.

Thanks for all your hard work, I really like the changes made in this hotfix, nice to see you're taking on board what the community is saying and working hard to fix it so quickly!

Fixed a bug where the Dragolich’s Damage Buff was affecting the damage dealt to the Harbinger when a cannon was destroyed. 

This is great, now people will have to learn to do the fight properly and get to actually have fun farming their weapons :)

The War Cache has been updated to generate galactic weapons that are equal to the average iPWR of the hero opening the gift (including Nightmare IV iPWR heroes)

Thanks for this, I love the look and feel of the new weapons but they were pretty useless at ipwr 550. Really hope we grow the steam group so we can farm for these things!

No word on fixing what's wrong with the FUBAR Harbinger drops, where up to 100% of them can have completely messed up stats and passives?

@westenra quote:

No word on fixing what's wrong with the FUBAR Harbinger drops, where up to 100% of them can have completely messed up stats and passives?

Brett addressed this issue in his loot post. :)

@iamisom quote:

@westenra quote:

No, he did not. I am not asking about general loot anyway.

Harbinger drops seems to have their own issues. In 92% of my drops from him, the passive is the EXACT opposite of the secondary stat, i.e. geyser passive with ability power, provoke passive with defense power.

I am currently trying to get % data from both my runs and my team mates' to reach at least a 100 runs on my impromptu test group, but so far I think it's safe to say there is something wrong with how Harbinger drops are generated.

@westenra quote:

@iamisom quote:

@westenra quote:

No, he did not. I am not asking about general loot anyway.

Harbinger drops seems to have their own issues. In 92% of my drops from him, the passive is the EXACT opposite of the secondary stat, i.e. geyser passive with ability power, provoke passive with defense power.

I am currently trying to get % data from both my runs and my team mates' to reach at least a 100 runs on my impromptu test group, but so far I think it's safe to say there is something wrong with how Harbinger drops are generated.

Brett mentioned that legendary weapons that are always guaranteed to drop a specific passive, like the Harbinger Geyser/Provoke weapons, are not currently being tied to the smarter loot drops. It's a change we're going to make in a future update. If you do a few tests on Betsy, you'll see her weapons do the same thing. Build passives were setup in a different way from other passives and require their own additional work. 

@iamisom quote:

@drag7399 quote:

This is a known bug. From what we've seen, the Frostbite Tower is still functionally working but it's visually not displaying the beam. If you Inspect Defense during the Combat Phase, the "Enemies Chilled" stat should be rising if it's working. Please let me know if you see it not actually working.

HA! Really, we should trust the inspect function.... you can't even get it to work to view basic dps of other players towers.

Dont want to moan, but you had months to get this right with the 'QA' team...

@iamisom quote:

@drag7399 quote:

Okay is dose say chilled but the defense are not getting the buff. the flame towers and training dummy never seems to get buffed. Elemental traps got buffed over the aura they are in. So in all it works yes buff I'm not seeing the buff applied it seems to do it 1 ever 4 times. One more thing the teleporting dummy passive when used on ogre puts them is a stuck position ever time on both maps I did.

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

@iamisom quote:

@drag7399 quote:

HA! Really, we should trust the inspect function.... you can't even get it to work to view basic dps of other players towers.

Dont want to moan, but you had months to get this right with the 'QA' team...

@drag7399 quote:

@iamisom quote:

@drag7399 quote:

Okay is dose say chilled but the defense are not getting the buff. the flame towers and training dummy never seems to get buffed. Elemental traps got buffed over the aura they are in. So in all it works yes buff I'm not seeing the buff applied it seems to do it 1 ever 4 times. One more thing the teleporting dummy passive when used on ogre puts them is a stuck position ever time on both maps I did.

Thanks for the feedback! I just asked QA again, and there was another targeting bug on top of the visual bug. We're hoping to have it fixed in our next hotfix. Good catch, and thanks for continuing to bring this to our attention!

Frosty tower freeze now, yes. BUT its not chill(slow), not give def speed and def power stats. They work fine at the start of the round, but after couple of seconds they start bugging. Its not just visual. Please make frosty, like it was before 9.0. The frosty is the main problem, really. This should be number one priority to fix. Seriously, how to play high difficulty, if player like me have only 4 builders, And the most effective build is frosty + traps, no way. I really dont know about new loot. I simply cant farm it since 9.0, i did not tested new loot. I got zero items from loot v2. I cant play the game, but i really want. PLEASE, Trendy, fix this frosty bug. And im sorry for my bad english.