Disappointment and Suggestion on Awakens

Disappointment

Nightmare 4 Incursion

Before 

- Normal (Able to complete with 2 people)

- Loot (Lots of trash and with acceptable legendary drop but still trash)

Now 

- Increased difficulties (Barely win with 4 people, overpowered suicide bomber)

- Loot (Lesser trash and rarely drop legendary, even drop also trash)

Not sure what is trendy trying to achieve here, before map was normal and lots of trash so the improvement is for more quality and less quantity but after the patch the map became harder and yes quantity decreased but quality still the same as before. Not to mention Ramparts, managed to win but not even a legendary drop for last wave 5/5 3 bosses.

Nightmare 4 End Game Harbinger

As usual, after whole day of farming(see below with 3 bags of full harbinger weapon) and got nothing good but trash everywhere. Legendary don't drop in this map but only from harbinger and chest itself. Big update like this is supposed to motivate players to be more active but not encourage them to quit the game.

Harbinger loot

The only thing that worth farming is the Geyser bow, shield & pet ability reroll.

Suggestion - If you agree with me please support by posting "Hell YA!"

Hi Trendy, it would be nice if we can get the improvement for below. 

- All bosses with 75% legendary drop rate

- Last wave final boss e.g Malthias with 100% legendary drop rate(e.g Betsy)

- Stats and Passive still messed up, requires better improvement

Question

Does Hearty passive still appear on shield? Don't see them anymore and even after farming so many harbinger shield none of them got hearty. If red and purple passive is not allowed to be together then the harbinger shield is totally useless, isn't it better to make 6-7% hearty for harbinger shield instead of that 0.5s decrease stun cooldown? Would be nice if Trendy can take this as consideration too.

It's also much more difficult to obtain BOTH usable and perfect gear right now. Back then, you could simply collect a bunch of epic/myth gear with the appropriate stats. For example, if you are trying to gear up your frost builder, all you need are a bunch of def power gear with 5-7% frosty power (and you don't even need def hp), a frostfire staff, and a helmet with 10+% vector corrector and defense power. You could easily play through nm4 incursion dragonfall with such a setup. The same goes for every other builder in the game (except wall squires) Right now, it's ridiculous how you're going to need vector correctors on every piece of gear you own just to have a decent builder. Playing the metagame by building frosts + traps? Sorry, but it seems like your frost range isn't good enough to cover the traps meant to hit mages/spear throwers. Trying out the cannon build? Oh dear, because you're gonna build frosts behind your cannons, it just got worse because your frosts are gonna hit even less mobs now. Less drops + more necessary passives makes it extremely hard to farm items. I would rather have an easier time obtaining a bunch of decent frosty power gear with ONLY def power, and a 15+% vector corrector helm with 0 def power and 0 frosty power, than slowly obtain def power + def hp + frosty + vector corrector gear right now.

Alright... So for the more dedicated players, what if you feel like farming yourself some 'semi-perfect' or 'perfect' gear? Trendy has made it easier for you by allowing you to have stat allocations like def power + def hp more frequently! It's tooooooo easy to farm that perfect gear of your dreams ;) Just kidding! Now you need vector corrector + frosty + the correct stat allocations to have 'perfect' gear. Not to mention the fact that you NEED legendary gear, which is probably much harder to obtain right now.

The entire update was a joke in my opinion, you know something's up when players with hundreds of hours poured into farming items in NM4 cannot even complete NM4 with 2-3 players anymore -- and people are just going to give up trying.

I feel like everyone needs to grow up and get good, haven't had any difficulties killing any of the maps we used to kill all it means now is that you actually have to try a little harder and form some sort of strategy on which mobs to focus etc before you start the wave. ie, you actually have to play the game.

Seems like most of the people complaining weren't actually as well geared as they thought they were going into this patch or that they simply lack the brain power to come up with a new build or something.

And also, most of us who were at that gear level could easily carry 4 scrub leechers if we joined into a quick match. Now you simply can't because they don't have the gear on their 10k dps huntress to do anything that will help you to actually finish the map, so hopefully they'll all get butthurt and quit or realise that they actually have to put some effort in to gearing their dps before they come and leech nm4. The amount of times people join me now with absolutely no builders (everything pretty much fresh 50 / bareface lies) is silly and that's why people can't beat the maps. If you play with friends there is no issue.

Gl all yall solo players

@Mouldy quote:

I feel like everyone needs to grow up and get good, haven't had any difficulties killing any of the maps we used to kill all it means now is that you actually have to try a little harder

And why? There is nothing to gain anymore. 

Meta is still the same, heroes are still one trick ponies, the weapons are still boring compared to DD1, onslaught is still a waste of time and there are still no challenges to complete other than farming monthly pets.

@Mouldy quote:

I feel like everyone needs to grow up and get good, haven't had any difficulties killing any of the maps we used to kill all it means now is that you actually have to try a little harder and form some sort of strategy on which mobs to focus etc before you start the wave. ie, you actually have to play the game.

Seems like most of the people complaining weren't actually as well geared as they thought they were going into this patch or that they simply lack the brain power to come up with a new build or something.

And also, most of us who were at that gear level could easily carry 4 scrub leechers if we joined into a quick match. Now you simply can't because they don't have the gear on their 10k dps huntress to do anything that will help you to actually finish the map, so hopefully they'll all get butthurt and quit or realise that they actually have to put some effort in to gearing their dps before they come and leech nm4. The amount of times people join me now with absolutely no builders (everything pretty much fresh 50 / bareface lies) is silly and that's why people can't beat the maps. If you play with friends there is no issue.

Gl all yall solo players

The main focus here is the loot btw since this update for Awakens is all about new bosses and new loot system. I believed difficulties is not an issue here but instead of the loot, spending so much time and effort with your friends with some kind of strategy to win maps but getting trash at the end is not something that motivated you to repeatedly farming.

Not sure if you check my screenshot, almost 100 runs on harbinger nm4 didn't even drop me any good weapon to change my current one. Yes, you can say its all about RNG but is that really what it is or just the new loot system is just so bad?

@IGELmitDEAGLE quote:

@Mouldy quote:

I feel like everyone needs to grow up and get good, haven't had any difficulties killing any of the maps we used to kill all it means now is that you actually have to try a little harder

And why? There is nothing to gain anymore. 

Meta is still the same, heroes are still one trick ponies, the weapons are still boring compared to DD1, onslaught is still a waste of time and there are still no challenges to complete other than farming monthly pets.

The patch has been out like 2 days, I bet you haven't even tried any of the new build items yet to even see if they're good; I've used them in a number of builds and they have worked fantastically well. 

@Haikz quote:

The main focus here is the loot btw since this update for Awakens is all about new bosses and new loot system. I believed difficulties is not an issue here but instead of the loot, spending so much time and effort with your friends with some kind of strategy to win maps but getting trash at the end is not something that motivated you to repeatedly farming.

Yeah I do agree that the new loot system is pretty dire, the issue though is that they haven't fixed the issue they were trying to fix and they also decreased the drop rate a tonne. Nobody wants ability power and defence health so why is that even rolling on stuff, that is very frustrating when you only get 0-2 legendaries a map but if they fixed it so that the right stats would actually drop then I don't think it would be too bad, the passives still seem to be getting confused but it's nothing they can't fix. So sorry Haikz I didn't read your thread properly, everything you have suggested in your suggestions box thing is great! [[9471,hashtags]]. Keep the difficulty as it is and fix the loot system and it should be fine.

@Mouldy quote:

Yeah I do agree that the new loot system is pretty dire, the issue though is that they haven't fixed the issue they were trying to fix and they also decreased the drop rate a tonne. Nobody wants ability power and defence health so why is that even rolling on stuff, that is very frustrating when you only get 0-2 legendaries a map but if they fixed it so that the right stats would actually drop then I don't think it would be too bad, the passives still seem to be getting confused but it's nothing they can't fix. So sorry Haikz I didn't read your thread properly, everything you have suggested in your suggestions box thing is great! [[9471,hashtags]]. Keep the difficulty as it is and fix the loot system and it should be fine.

Yeah! Make it as hard as you can but make sure to give us a better reward ^^. CHEERS!

HELL YA!

if the drop rate of legendary weapon is decrease, make sure the stats always good. now its really hard to get legendary item and when get it.........still useless :(

HELL YA!

Trendy needs to focus on one variable and manipulate it till nearly perfect.  Changing so many at the same time only creates new problems rather then fixing old ones.  Fix the difficulty progression through maps and through difficulties.  So if you can successfully complete the end 3 maps in NM3 you should be able to do the first 3 maps in NM4.  Then progress the difficulty and reward throughout the maps till you and finish Betsy on NM4 for the best gear.  From there release a Challenge mode where the waves just get harder and harder like onslaught, except with the increased difficulty the ipwr of the gear goes up every successful wave completion.   So the farther you get the higher the % legendary drop and the higher the ipwr gets. 

This will motivate your end game community to push as far as they can to get the best loot they can.  Balance the difficulties and rewards for this "challenge mode"  So players can play any map and roughly have the same challenge  and are not limited to a certain map to achieve success. 

Is the drop rate of Malthius affected by the last patch? If so, I understand we now have an  even lower drop rates for the special weapons. For the record, I have done over 100 times that stupid map and still I have not gotten one single special weapon. I hope devs keep the drop rate as it was before the patch if not they increase it since doing a map over 100 times and not getting what you are after not even once is really frustrating....

@Haikz quote:

Not sure what is trendy trying to achieve here, before map was normal and lots of trash so the improvement is for more quality and less quantity but after the patch the map became harder and yes quantity decreased but quality still the same as before.

Uhmmm... Seriously? You can't figure out what they are trying to achieve? I thought it was pretty obvious. Making the hardest difficulty available in the game more of a challenge. Duh.

They decreased the amount of loot by about 50% and increased the quality of loot by about 75% so, no, it is not the same as before. You get better loot now. In fact, it's probably too good now. Right now you can make it from no gear, ZERO ipwr, to easily farming nightmare 3 after completing 8 maps.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@Haikz quote:

Not sure what is trendy trying to achieve here, before map was normal and lots of trash so the improvement is for more quality and less quantity but after the patch the map became harder and yes quantity decreased but quality still the same as before.

Uhmmm... Seriously? You can't figure out what they are trying to achieve? I thought it was pretty obvious. Making the hardest difficulty available in the game more of a challenge. Duh.

They decreased the amount of loot by about 50% and increased the quality of loot by about 75% so, no, it is not the same as before. You get better loot now. In fact, it's probably too good now. Right now you can make it from no gear, ZERO ipwr, to easily farming nightmare 3 after completing 8 maps.

Too good with stat like this?

Boot

Glove

Anyway my main concern is the bosses for every map. Eat your donut did mentioned about doing 100+ time in ramparts and didn't even drop any legendary special weapon, unfortunately I am having the same issue too. 

Discovered something today, I was told that purple and red passive is not supposed to be together so is the weapon below bug or? Does it mean that we can get hearty from harbinger shield? Can anyone confirm this?

Sword

Eat your DonutEat you

@Haikz quote:

Too good with stat like this?

Boot

Glove

Uhhh.... what? Are you seriously complaining that every single drop is not a perfectly rolled upgrade? That would be so dumb if the game worked that way. You'd play 1 map in each difficulty level and be snoozing your way through NM4 in half a day. You cannot possibly be suggesting that you want the game to work that way...

You seriously think that people will complain with just few games? Start using your brain to think with some common sense. Anyway read through the thread again, this post is not even about perfect roll but the % rate of dropping legendary from final boss and so on. Stop trolling here. Peace.

I actually like the increased difficulty to NM4. First 2 days were shaky but after that has been smooth sailing and haven't noticed any difference accept for less trash loot.

Also most people complaining have less than 50 hours total played on DD2 

@Haikz quote:

You seriously think that people will complain with just few games? Start using your brain to think with some common sense. Anyway read through the thread again, this post is not even about perfect roll but the % rate of dropping legendary from final boss and so on. Stop trolling here. Peace.

You just posted links to *TWO* specific item drops to cry about not getting perfect rolls on them. Do not even try to tell me that's not what you're doing when you literally just did that.