Sign in to follow this  
TimmyTrashTier

PS4 Roadmap [Updated: 6/15/16]

@TimmyTrashTier quote:

Update 3/29/16

Hey all,

Lot's of important info in the Dev Log this week.  Be sure to read it and post your replies here.

-TimmyTrashTier

Update 3/24/16:

The update is going through finalization internally, and then we're sending it off to Sony for their QA approval process. We're aiming for an early April release. Once we ship it off to Sony and hear back from them, we'll have a date to share with you!

Update 2/2/16:

Hey Defenders,

I wanted to post an update on the current status of the patch.  I know there is some frustration with the current state of things and I want to address what we're identifying as the key issues we can activate against at this time.

Text size:  We are acutely aware of the text size issues in the current game.  A number of ideas are being discussed, but the over all limiting factor on addressing this issue is that it will require a rework of all the UI elements on which the smallest sized text is displayed because everything is scaled currently for worst case scenario.  This is a long way of saying, I don't have an ETA for you on this, but we are actively investigating possible resolutions.

Auto-Collect & Scavenger: These features are not very well communicated and are slated for a redesign in coming milestones.  Currently how these elements work is that there is a slider in your options menu labeled "Scavenger Retrieval" that sets the quality threshold for what your bags will auto collect.  Anything below that threshold will be sent to the scavenger at the end of the level.  

Skeleton Costumes: We will be patching again soon to fix the Skeleton costume issue and another quality of life concern.

Nightmare Rollback Rewards:  The good news is that you are definitely going to get these (our bad on missing this for the patch). The bad news is that it's going to be a week or two before we are able to get everything set up to issue them.   

Looking to the future, with Dragonfall Carnival wrapping this week for PC, we are primed and ready to go heads down on getting it out on the PS4 - we're catching up...

Till next time,

-TimmyTrashTier

Original Post:

Hey Defenders,

I'm getting the sense that you're feeling a little neglected, let this be the first step towards remedying that. 

I've been on the road so much that I have really let my posting fall by the wayside.  To make up for that, I'd like to update you on what we're doing. I'm currently up at Human Head Studios this week and next week until we wrap up the Ascension Part II patch. Things are coming along, but this has been a tough haul getting 3 milestones done in the time we usually do one. Because of this, some of our original goals for mid-milestone updates have been rolled into the content update - we haven't cut anything, we just couldn't pull things forward we were hoping to.

All this being said we are for sure on track to release around the end of Jan early Feb. Once we wrap up this milestone, we are officially under the gun - as of this afternoon - to catch up to the PC version ASAP because we have been losing more time than we would like maintaining two separate dev paths. What this means for you:

1) There will be a lot of content coming fast

2) We might have to turn some stuff off to keep our timeline

3) The platform content delay will soon become very short

4) You will no longer be left out of the 'current development' discussions

In the mean time, I will talk to our community team about possibly bringing some of your ideas into existence so you can get a better sense of where our time is spent.

In addition, I can post some initial patch notes this week (once REDACTED finishes them...)

Until next time,

TimmyTrashTier

The bold and underlined portion up there seems odd to me... or are you trying to make the last few console players quit too? There was literally one sentence pertaining to ps4 and it literally gave us 0 information ... but thanks for making sure we all checked out all the great new stuff pc is getting instead of saying its in testing and you will have it soon maybe add some tentative patch notes or are we to assume it will be as always you will just copy/paste the pc notes and we will get the exact same version pc did without any fixes

There hasn't been a dev log posted since that was edited into OP.  I would hope they are referring to [[10521,hashtags]] which should be posted soonish, and not [[10522,hashtags]] which has nothing of note for ps4 other than internal testing which is week old news by time of the edit.

@Darkenheight quote:

There hasn't been a dev log posted since that was edited into OP.  I would hope they are referring to [[10521,hashtags]] which should be posted soonish, and not [[10522,hashtags]] which has nothing of note for ps4 other than internal testing which is week old news by time of the edit.

This.

@danimaltastic quote:

@Darkenheight quote:

This.

New dev log was just posted and guess what ... they turned that one sentence into a paragraph that said the exact same thing...nothing new

@Drew_Da_A-hole quote:

New dev log was just posted and guess what ... they turned that one sentence into a paragraph that said the exact same thing...nothing new

We said, if everything goes well, the Harbinger + Carnival update is coming out next week. :D

@iamisom quote:

@Drew_Da_A-hole quote:

We said, if everything goes well, the Harbinger + Carnival update is coming out next week. :D

it also implied that the reason this patch took so long was code merger and that the next patch is progressing much faster then the one we will get next week. even if its non date commital information on future release dates this kind of information has been what we were asking for on the harbringer/carnival patch status. 

Top things to help fix ps4 besides bring it in line with pc, since we paid for the game.  Text size.  Nightmare gear.  Disconnect/ga me crashing.

@stuffymonster quote:

@iamisom quote:

@Drew_Da_A-hole quote:

it also implied that the reason this patch took so long was code merger and that the next patch is progressing much faster then the one we will get next week. even if its non date commital information on future release dates this kind of information has been what we were asking for on the harbringer/carnival patch status. 

Totally agree and i do believe things will continue to get better now that it is all in house i would think it would be alot easier to get it in line the only problem i have is the lack of information what we are getting will it be the same bugs pc had originally or will it be a version that is revised and has some of the content patches and fixes they got afterwords

@Drew_Da_A-hole quote:

Totally agree and i do believe things will continue to get better now that it is all in house i would think it would be alot easier to get it in line the only problem i have is the lack of information what we are getting will it be the same bugs pc had originally or will it be a version that is revised and has some of the content patches and fixes they got afterwords

also this.

@Drew_Da_A-hole quote:

@stuffymonster quote:

@iamisom quote:

@Drew_Da_A-hole quote:

From what I understand, the PS4 update will contain most or all of the hotfixes since the Carnival PC release, but [[77554,users]] can give you the final confirmation on that.

I'm fully expecting to farm new gear.  On top of the new monk gear, also changes to hearty blockade and expanding on flamethrower passive.

Just guessing...

@pyro117 quote:

Can you please post a link to the Dev Log that corresponds to this update?

Our patch notes will be slightly different and posted on Tuesday.  Tuesday we get Harbringer which is a boss encounter dropping class specific weapons with unique passives. We will also be getting Carnival update which will bring the carnival wheel (which got mostly,negative reaction on forums) and a New map to farm.  By this time on PC passives had been changed as well which includes amped on all gear pieces (lightning aura passive) and pryo on all pieces (Flameburst/thrower passive).  Hearty Blockade also gets changed from being based on hero health to defense health and higher % (up to 25%).

I would fully expect that current gear passives that changed will be nerfed and not effective.  Many changes in store for us.

@Darkenheight quote:

I'm fully expecting to farm new gear.  On top of the new monk gear, also changes to hearty blockade and expanding on flamethrower passive.

Just guessing...

Yeah and i don't mind having to farm gear again gives me something to do 2 things about it though 1 i couldnt care less but just curious what lvl it will be re-rolled to and 2 i seem to remember them reimbursing us when our spheres changed i know we wont but we should be reimbursed for all of our upgraded gear they wipe. 6 pieces per character 7 for squires at a million per piece to fully upgarde with 18 characters on both of  my accounts that is 108million gold per account i get yanked for assuming i had no squires lol

@MakaiOokami quote:

When does the Dragonfall Carnival end on PS4?

With the next update, per pc end time.  They had it from middle Feb until the patch on the 5th.  About 6 weeks for them.  We "might" have to get a shorter time frame if it means catching us up with pc, but I fully expect another double patch for us putting the time table in the neighborhood of 6weeks anyhow.  Just opinion mind you on time table.

@Darkenheight quote:

@MakaiOokami quote:

When does the Dragonfall Carnival end on PS4?

With the next update, per pc end time.  They had it from middle Feb until the patch on the 5th.  About 6 weeks for them.  We "might" have to get a shorter time frame if it means catching us up with pc, but I fully expect another double patch for us putting the time table in the neighborhood of 6weeks anyhow.  Just opinion mind you on time table.

Thanks I appreciate that. Was worried it was gonna be like 2 weeks long. I'm guessing it's just going to be the month of April because there's a monthly mission for it. Though if anyone else is on PS4 I recommend getting it done before the 29th because the monthly reward is glitched and says "ENDS MARCH 29"

Does shortly after the next major milestone mean...

1. Submit to Sony same day as PC launches? 
  2. Or wait a couple weeks for PC players to find bugs and fix those before submitting to Sony?

Basically end of May or Mid June?

@TimmyTrashTier quote:

Here's our tentative roadmap for PS4. Keep in mind that it's subject and likely to change:

Soon after the next major milestone launches on PC, we're going to release Calling All Heroes + the mid-milestone update + next major milestone on PS4. At that point, PS4 will be caught up and then we'll be releasing things together from there on out. A note, though: Releasing together does not mean releasing day-and-date together. There will most likely be a slight lag due to Sony's certification process, similar to the lag you see in other F2P games like Warframe.

Funny how another early access game has cross platform play, and same day patches as a moba and a tower defense game can't do either.  Oh and expect us to grind 24k defender medals for 2 hero's at once because you can't get your collective sh!t together.