Sign in to follow this  
TimmyTrashTier

PS4 Roadmap [Updated: 6/15/16]

Hey Defenders,

@the1&onlysavage Nightmare gear was rolled back as part of the update.  We didn't really have the same balance problems that PC did, but in order to bring in the new content we had to follow that path of data storage which necessitated the roll back.  Rewards to compensate you for your time are forthcoming.

Harbinger and Carnival will be coming at the same time, the ETA is unknown at the moment because we're still working through everything that needs to happen for the Carnival milestone.

@TimmyTrashTier quote:

Hey Defenders,

@the1&onlysavage Nightmare gear was rolled back as part of the update.  We didn't really have the same balance problems that PC did, but in order to bring in the new content we had to follow that path of data storage which necessitated the roll back.  Rewards to compensate you for your time are forthcoming.

Harbinger and Carnival will be coming at the same time, the ETA is unknown at the moment because we're still working through everything that needs to happen for the Carnival milestone.

Will patches and bug fixes come with these updates or are they separate? IMO the bugs and glitches need to be patched before the new content comes out.

At first I thought the first part was funny...then I stopped laughing and thought "we should have exclusives cosmetics for PS4 palayers". Even if it is for purchase..it would encourage some of the people that own both PC and PS4 to play on both. I bought the collectors edition just to support Trendy(and for the gems too). 

Mostly, I was wondering how the "monthly"  system would work as well. Will the monthly be on the same date each month? Will they actually last a month? Will you guys deprive us of some monthly in-order for us to continue "catching up" with PC? Find out next time on Dragon ball Z...naw, but in all seriousness these are want I'm wondering most about at this moment.

@danimaltastic quote:

Awesome. Hopefully you gave Sony some free gems and a discounted pair of squire boxers to encourage a quick and speedy approval process.

Were there any other changes to the layout, inventory management, or controls? Or is this mostly a giant content update?

Also, any final decisions made on the monthly pet release schedule to catch us up to PC? Or is that still tbd?

@TimmyTrashTier quote:

Hey Defenders,

So with Harbinger and Carnival coming at the same time, I have a completely different question :) 

When the PC and PS4 start getting closer to being in sync, how will PS4 players get those awesome monthly pets that the PC has. With updates being squashed together, we seem to be losing many monthly missions in the process. Gotta have them pets :)

With the current state of the game on PC, they would never be the same if the PS4 doesn't get Dragolich! Must have pet atm :P

edit: And then I read the post directly above this one rofl!!!

@TimmyTrashTier quote:

Hey Defenders,

The new changes have been good. though some issues persist the improvements are refreshing. it is also good to hear that we will be compensated for all the time we invested in our gear. to hear this breaths new hope in the game for me and i will pass the word on to my friends whom have been waiting news. we have had high hopes for this game and it is good to see it getting back on track. but is their a time in mind for the for mentioned rewards. i am sure we are all looking forward to more content and improvements on a game we love.

thank you for the detailed info. having an in-depth view of whats going on really helps us to keep faith in the devs . this i hope will bring more interest in the game and maybe reel in some that have strayed.

@TimmyTrashTier quote:

Update 2/2/16:

Hey Defenders,

I wanted to post an update on the current status of the patch.  I know there is some frustration with the current state of things and I want to address what we're identifying as the key issues we can activate against at this time.

Text size:  We are acutely aware of the text size issues in the current game.  A number of ideas are being discussed, but the over all limiting factor on addressing this issue is that it will require a rework of all the UI elements on which the smallest sized text is displayed because everything is scaled currently for worst case scenario.  This is a long way of saying, I don't have an ETA for you on this, but we are actively investigating possible resolutions.

Auto-Collect & Scavenger: These features are not very well communicated and are slated for a redesign in coming milestones.  Currently how these elements work is that there is a slider in your options menu labeled "Scavenger Retrieval" that sets the quality threshold for what your bags will auto collect.  Anything below that threshold will be sent to the scavenger at the end of the level.  

Skeleton Costumes: We will be patching again soon to fix the Skeleton costume issue and another quality of life concern.

Nightmare Rollback Rewards:  The good news is that you are definitely going to get these (our bad on missing this for the patch). The bad news is that it's going to be a week or two before we are able to get everything set up to issue them.   

Looking to the future, with Dragonfall Carnival wrapping this week for PC, we are primed and ready to go heads down on getting it out on the PS4 - we're catching up...

Till next time,

-TimmyTrashTier

Original Post:

Hey Defenders,

I'm getting the sense that you're feeling a little neglected, let this be the first step towards remedying that. 

I've been on the road so much that I have really let my posting fall by the wayside.  To make up for that, I'd like to update you on what we're doing. I'm currently up at Human Head Studios this week and next week until we wrap up the Ascension Part II patch. Things are coming along, but this has been a tough haul getting 3 milestones done in the time we usually do one. Because of this, some of our original goals for mid-milestone updates have been rolled into the content update - we haven't cut anything, we just couldn't pull things forward we were hoping to.

All this being said we are for sure on track to release around the end of Jan early Feb. Once we wrap up this milestone, we are officially under the gun - as of this afternoon - to catch up to the PC version ASAP because we have been losing more time than we would like maintaining two separate dev paths. What this means for you:

1) There will be a lot of content coming fast

2) We might have to turn some stuff off to keep our timeline

3) The platform content delay will soon become very short

4) You will no longer be left out of the 'current development' discussions

In the mean time, I will talk to our community team about possibly bringing some of your ideas into existence so you can get a better sense of where our time is spent.

In addition, I can post some initial patch notes this week (once REDACTED finishes them...)

Until next time,

TimmyTrashTier

Ok where the hell is the fast content, we are still waiting and for one I will not hold my breath won you getting the job done you have taken a great game DD and every game of dd after that has been a piece of ***e.  Please get you head out and get the job done.

The update is going through finalization internally, and then we're sending it off to Sony for their QA approval process. We're aiming for an early April release. Once we ship it off to Sony and hear back from them, we'll have a date to share with you!

@iamisom quote:

The update is going through finalization internally, and then we're sending it off to Sony for their QA approval process. We're aiming for an early April release. Once we ship it off to Sony and hear back from them, we'll have a date to share with you!

Excellent news! Will there be a fix for the text size issue? I'm pretty sure it a making my already bad vision worse... Lol 

@darrh_sappy23 quote:

@iamisom quote:

Excellent news! Will there be a fix for the text size issue? I'm pretty sure it a making my already bad vision worse... Lol 

The text size issue is tricky. We can't just increase the text size -- we also have to update the UI containers or else things will look really funky. What we're doing right now is an across-the-board UI update to make things less clunky, easier to read and more presentable. Throughout our coming updates, you'll find improvements to the UI that will address the text size issue.

@iamisom quote:

@darrh_sappy23 quote:

@iamisom quote:

The text size issue is tricky. We can't just increase the text size -- we also have to update the UI containers or else things will look really funky. What we're doing right now is an across-the-board UI update to make things less clunky, easier to read and more presentable. Throughout our coming updates, you'll find improvements to the UI that will address the text size issue.

Wow you guys didn't fix the text issues yet? Trendy do you realize you just gave all the console players another reason to be disappointed in you

Ya, I'm going to be sorely disappointed if that text isn't fixed. I mean if it was updated in the last update, then can't you revert back to the previous update? There's zero reason someone with a 50" tv should have to sit directly in front of it to read that print. Imo every aspect of all the text needs to be bigger.... What's a few more months I guess...  

@iamisom quote:

Will onslaught be fixed?

FEMALE characters, PLEASE!!!  Or let us swap gender.  I want to be a FEMALE magic user!!  I'm female IRL and hate playing males.  The new character looks cool but it's a MALE!  ANOTHER one!  Arghhhhhh

@Pashta quote:

FEMALE characters, PLEASE!!!  Or let us swap gender.  I want to be a FEMALE magic user!!  I'm female IRL and hate playing males.  The new character looks cool but it's a MALE!  ANOTHER one!  Arghhhhhh

Always assumed the apprentice gender identified as a woman, and if so its pretty offensive calling her a him, lets be PC here... 

EV2 and Gun Witch are coming and both are women (or woman and robot with female personality and robo boobs?)

@stuffymonster quote:

@Pashta quote:

Always assumed the apprentice gender identified as a woman, and if so its pretty offensive calling her a him, lets be PC here... 

EV2 and Gun Witch are coming and both are women (or woman and robot with female personality and robo boobs?)

How funny you are. As for the things you mentioned, I didn't see those, all I saw was the abyss lord or whatever it's called.  Are they a for sure thing, or just a possibility?

@Pashta quote:

@stuffymonster quote:

@Pashta quote:

How funny you are. As for the things you mentioned, I didn't see those, all I saw was the abyss lord or whatever it's called.  Are they a for sure thing, or just a possibility?

They are a for sure thing but as for when we will get them that could be some time down the road