PS4 Roadmap [Updated: 6/15/16]

The ability to mute other players without complicated sorcery.    better grouping system.  acknowledging that this game will not and can not survive without improving the social aspect of the game.  

also,  the ability to open up a map after building the towers would be nice.   

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update guys! The hype for the next content update is real! Woo hoo! :D

P.S Are any of you able to provide any information on playing with other regions on the PS4 in the future?

Thank you Tim for the Update, hopefully this will get the community hyped about what's to come. I'm also glad to hear what you are trying to do to keep the community informed in the future. Hopefully this means weekly updates of what is happening behind the scenes. Keep the good work up.

Riviet, this is possible, just  let the other person start up a ridicilous quick match and join that specific map.

I am an EU Player and i have played with US people like that.

Hey Defenders,

This patch will include matchmaking region selection which will allow you to matchmake to your foreign friends regions and play with them.

@Masmagius quote:

Will you be fixing the iPWR glitch? I had to play a match on the first level with a maxed Dragonfall Defender.

Its nothing to do about iPWR that's causing this. Apparently it is to do with your profile not be loaded quick enough which is causing the war table to only show 1 map. This will be fixed in the next patch most definitely.

I hope this update happens soon... I used to have no problem getting a full party with friends. The last 2 weeks no one wants to play because of all the bugs

Just lost 5 level 50 characters fully equipped with nightmare 4 gear my characters just dissapeared along with my gems and costumes everything gone in a instant please help me trendy

The issue with the invert Y is killing me.  I spend more time looking at the floor than anything else hahaha. And finally the region lock, I play with USA guys and I'm in EU so we haven't been able to play together yet.  Really l forward to the update

The people who say people arnt playing because of the bugs, there are not that many bugs in the game.

The only thing that keeps people from playing is the fact we have 1 map to play (to get decent gear) 

And the fact those bosses are easier then normal onslaught siphon site d.

Hey Defenders,

Sorry for not updating last week, but we were grinding out the last few issues and then there was the whole trying to fly back to Florida during the massive snowstorm which canceled and delayed all the flights... but long story short, I'm back at Trendy HQ and the next content update is getting uploaded to Sony tonight!  

What this means for you:
- Content Update 2 is about to be released.

This release will be a little different than previous one's because we're going to attempt to do it with zero downtime.  We did a little experiment with Sony's game management tool the last time we patched and found out that we can deploy a patch while people are in game and they will be able to continue playing until they log out - then they will need to download the new patch.  So, we're going to publish the new patch early in the morning and then let people filter out of the old version and into the new one over the course of a few hours before taking the old version down entirely.

What this means for you:
- If you're planning on doing a marathon session on patch day you need to pay attention to the messages we're posting about when the old version is closing so you don't get unceremoniously booted and loose progress.

I haven't had a chance to read through all the messages yet, but if I get a chance this week I'll try to reply to some of the topics discussed in this thread and others.  That being said, I'm just going to hazard a guess that inverted Y-axis is something you're wondering about and I can confirm that it does in fact work in the new update.  

If you haven't read it yet, the 2016 roadmap is worth a peek:
https://dungeondefenders.com/2/blog/130662/looking-ahead-dungeon-defenders-ii-in-2016

I'll update you all when I have exact dates and times for the release, but until then keep eating your vegetables and being excellent to each other.

- Timmy Trash Tier 

Heyo My name is Kevin And I am currently Live streaming DD2! http://www.twitch.tv/kmanstr3ams Check out the the stream would mean a lot! <3

Awesome. Hopefully you gave Sony some free gems and a discounted pair of squire boxers to encourage a quick and speedy approval process.

Were there any other changes to the layout, inventory management, or controls? Or is this mostly a giant content update?

Also, any final decisions made on the monthly pet release schedule to catch us up to PC? Or is that still tbd?

@bloodborg pk quote:

Not many ? Who are you ? 

Change your name tho Just a suggestion :P
Dont flash people  You sound retarded

@Flashertjeuh quote:

The people who say people arnt playing because of the bugs, there are not that many bugs in the game.

The only thing that keeps people from playing is the fact we have 1 map to play (to get decent gear) 

And the fact those bosses are easier then normal onslaught siphon site d.

Still dont understand the need for this.

Have you even taken a second look at all of your own posts?

EDIT -> Guess you still can't open the correct topics. 

Even your flaming at the game is close to outdated.

Hey Defenders,

I wanted to post an update on the current status of the patch.  I know there is some frustration with the current state of things and I want to address what we're identifying as the key issues we can activate against at this time.

Text size:  We are acutely aware of the text size issues in the current game.  A number of ideas are being discussed, but the over all limiting factor on addressing this issue is that it will require a rework of all the UI elements on which the smallest sized text is displayed because everything is scaled currently for worst case scenario.  This is a long way of saying, I don't have an ETA for you on this, but we are actively investigating possible resolutions.

Auto-Collect & Scavenger: These features are not very well communicated and are slated for a redesign in coming milestones.  Currently how these elements work is that there is a slider in your options menu labeled "Scavenger Retrieval" that sets the quality threshold for what your bags will auto collect.  Anything below that threshold will be sent to the scavenger at the end of the level.  

Skeleton Costumes: We will be patching again soon to fix the Skeleton costume issue and another quality of life concern.

Nightmare Rollback Rewards:  The good news is that you are definitely going to get these (our bad on missing this for the patch). The bad news is that it's going to be a week or two before we are able to get everything set up to issue them.   

Looking to the future, with Dragonfall Carnival wrapping this week for PC, we are primed and ready to go heads down on getting it out on the PS4 - we're catching up...

Till next time,

-TimmyTrashTier