Sign in to follow this  
djpatje

This patch ruined DD for me (Edited)

@fplayer quote:

I think im just gonna stop playing. They introduced "loot v2" to reduce grind. but right now, my hard earned items are trash now. whats the point?? my serenity has smaller aura now,  i used to have 10% tripwire, now i have 3% tripwire which reduced my trap dps by 190. at the end of the day, loot is still random, sometimes even ogres dont drop items. i dont even want to talk about broken freeze towers and the new boss which is a joke, i hope

First off, your gear is not useless. Tripewire is now on all gear slots and you can actually have a higher tripwire% than before. 3% is max and yea you gotta refarm to have it on all slots but your traps still work if they were decent to begin with. Been farming NM4 like regular still. App walls were buffed, still sucks, hearty untouched, app dps improved, hunt dps improved, frosty is bugged but once it is fixed its good to go. Sernity is still awesome and what uneffected.  No reason to get salty accept for the fact you need to refarm gear on traps for higher tripewire %. Also trying to farm some new passives for dps chatacters. 

Also you said the new boss is a joke, I hope . which tells me you havent even attempted him. But by the way even on NM4 he is pretty easy but much more engaging than betsy. Only thing you should be salty about is the 550 ipwr gift from the cache

One thing that really stands out in this update as strange is the damage increase to mobs. I dont think as many people would of hated this update in terms of refarmi g if ot wasn't for that. As it is now its much harder to get themselves back to a place they were at and had spent alot of tine getting there.

On a side note do you reckon the mob buff was due to the last influence vote which was make normal harder. I always took that as normal difficulty but it might of meant the game as a whole. I hadn't started the game when that was going on so I don't know if more information was kicking about on it at the time

@Xopo quote:

@fplayer quote:

I think im just gonna stop playing. They introduced "loot v2" to reduce grind. but right now, my hard earned items are trash now. whats the point?? my serenity has smaller aura now,  i used to have 10% tripwire, now i have 3% tripwire which reduced my trap dps by 190. at the end of the day, loot is still random, sometimes even ogres dont drop items. i dont even want to talk about broken freeze towers and the new boss which is a joke, i hope

First off, your gear is not useless. Tripewire is now on all gear slots and you can actually have a higher tripwire% than before. 3% is max and yea you gotta refarm to have it on all slots but your traps still work if they were decent to begin with. Been farming NM4 like regular still. App walls were buffed, still sucks, hearty untouched, app dps improved, hunt dps improved, frosty is bugged but once it is fixed its good to go. Sernity is still awesome and what uneffected.  No reason to get salty accept for the fact you need to refarm gear on traps for higher tripewire %. Also trying to farm some new passives for dps chatacters. 

Also you said the new boss is a joke, I hope . which tells me you havent even attempted him. But by the way even on NM4 he is pretty easy but much more engaging than betsy. Only thing you should be salty about is the 550 ipwr gift from the cache

I used to do NM4 INC and now that my traps are worse,  how am i supposed to find gear with tripwire on it? playing lower diffuculty wont improve my trap dps because passives might be good but tower stats will be worse than i currently have.

I played the new boss. what i meant is, he has both physical and magical resistances and they are too high. i am doing 5-10k damage to him with my basic attacks. still, not that hard to kill with someone tanking him and others slowing him with bearkira while rest clearing the lanes. imo, didn't live up to the hype.

@Xopo quote:

well, if you've got 4 players the best strategy is to wall up goblin lanes and 4 dps characters + towers to just burn the boss down in <minute every wave... competing the map in like a sixth of the time it should take

good luck doing it solo though

little bit of a joke isn't hyperbole

As the development goes on I truly do feel that the intended goal is to make hero DPS the primary and towers support the hero. A slow shift to an ARPG.

Pre patch: "Boooohoooo game is to easy, we steamroll endgame and we get way to much loot while doing it!, so bored"

Post patch: "Boooohooo, game is to hard, we get steamrolled in endgame now and we don't get enough loot! Now we are frustrated."

Guys check your complaints against the once you had 2 days ago, there is no winning with us, its getting stupid.

typical trendy take feedback from us and then twist in everyway to insure we grind until cash squeezes out of us or just get frustrated  and leave 

@Savur quote:

Pre patch: "Boooohoooo game is to easy, we steamroll endgame and we get way to much loot while doing it!, so bored"

Post patch: "Boooohooo, game is to hard, we get steamrolled in endgame now and we don't get enough loot! Now we are frustrated."

Guys check your complaints against the once you had 2 days ago, there is no winning with us, its getting stupid.

you simplified things too much... there is no question game was way too easy multiplayer (it still is in some cases.. cheesing harbinger boss, poison tips being twice as effective on allies and working on allies means it can be up 100% of the time).  

But it was very challenging solo.  Always

Now they raised the difficulty evenly for solo/multiplayer

Well, isn't it obvious what would happen?

well apperently trendy sticks their head in the sand with the latest dev update and just tell everyone to *** off if they dont like it  nice !

@jmims1983 quote:

*facepalm*

*head slam*

*table flip*

*insidious stare*

You wrecked my legacy frost!

*knuckles crack*

Not cool, bruh!

That was intended. That was one of the reasons for the patch.