This patch ruined DD for me (Edited)

Oke after testing this patch i got a couple of pointers  that are totally  screwing up my daymonk_small.png    (Added an Extra note )

1.    Pet dmg  went down with 20k    ( if seen this with a couple of pets where the dmg is totally diffrent then 1 day ago ) 

2.    Monster DMG increase  why was this done   alot of people couldnt even complete graveyard map on nm4  why increase the  dmg by another 12.5 %     instead mabye add some mechanics ? instead of artificial difficulty scaling  nobody wants monsters with 1 billion hp ...... decrease the hp and bring it in line with the rest ......  dmg system should get an overhaul before we get DD 1 shenanigans

3.    NERFS too all passives so all your gear you farmed hours for  is  now  worthless   why even break up passives into multiple gear pieces i do not want to have too farm 5 pieces of %   passives that is even more RNG in the already RNG mess we were in this  choice made drops even more painfull then they were pre patch 

4. Tanking is not possible i got a full specced into mag and phy res squire and now i die to 2 TNT's  wich before were like 6 i could tank   before dieing    so range chars are prefered 100 % now

5. also some Passives completely dissapeared from my gear and nothing replaced it no new passives its just 1 less  Nerfs are real 

6. Where did all the loot go ?   its gone i do not know were it is at least its not dropping for me  and if it does drop i get stuff like this 

BTW this is NM4 gear look at the laughable stats    the last 2  links are incursion drops   haha !!

7. if noticed cause of no item drops  and items still costing 100kish too upgrade upgrading  your new gear will be a nightmare

firstly you need items too do upgrades but u also need gold  where do u get both  if u cannot even get enough of 1 of thoes   things   

Also keep in mind that rerolling pet abilitys  price abysmall as well costed me 40k  and  i got to choose between gato fireworks and some other lame skill  great ! .....   while i already payed 400 gems for certain pets to get the extra ability in the first place !

Links

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=576325538

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=576325500

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=576304489

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=576281621

also  an addition too point 6.   because of less loot in the end nothing changed pre - patch also i liked going through all the loot drops at the end of the wave to find that 1 gem of an item mabye now we get if your lucky  1-3 item drops per wave

Sidenote :  I thought i heared in the dev log they wanted to bring all hero builds to be playable well at the moment it looks like it will be one cookie cutter build to rule them all.  

@Pachipachio quote:

Yeah, but with the lower amount of loot dropping isn't there a good chance that we haven't actually increased the rate of usable gear coming at us? 

Isn't this a placebo "Fix"?  That is, it didn't fix anything functionally

Because to me it really feels like that.  Especially since every item has important passives now so legendary gear is that much more important

Djpatje is totaly right imo, i really have no idea why i spend so much hours grinding. for gear that isnt even here anymore... really feels like im being stolen. and that in the update  where i was really excited about.
where i have no chance left in, to complete just one nm4 anymore..

really sucks!

I agree with this. I wanna also add, I have tried beating the boss 5 times, one time the game disconnected everyone randomly, the last time, one of my walls got nuked instantly. It was not normal damage, but it just got one hit while I was watching it. It was just normal number of enemies there, but wall got one hit. The wall was 350k+ hp wall on Nightmare 2.

Totally agree. Loot changes were intended to reduce the grind, now they just reset all grind for everyone so you have to do it again. Analogous to setting everyone's characters to level 1 because *** you.

why'd you guys increase hp/dmg of everything?

@dogie quote:

because *** you.

why didn't you guys work on tower balance?

@dogie quote:

because *** you.

why didn't you guys give a bone to solo players this time?

@dogie quote:

because *** you.

remember that cannonball tower uber?

@dogie quote:

*** you.

I'm probably having too much fun at trendy's expense...demon.png

Trendy, please for the love of god, fix this. This patch has caused so much damage when it looked like we finally had hope, kind of like superman. Kidding. But seriously, please fix this quickly.

Man.. this whole thing was really stupid..

now you HAVE to focus 100% a toon for an exact build.. you cant have hybrid anymore.. cuz the % bonuses are all spread out.. and 1 piece of gear cant have 5 different passives..

Worst b.s. ever..

how nobody noticed this stupid idea on the tests?

@M e t h O z quote:

Man.. this whole thing was really stupid..

now you HAVE to focus 100% a toon for an exact build.. you cant have hybrid anymore.. cuz the % bonuses are all spread out.. and 1 piece of gear cant have 5 different passives..

Worst b.s. ever..

how nobody noticed this stupid idea on the tests?

To be fair, i think it is all decided after the test.

Apparently, this decision making to too much for the dev team to handle.

The loot test was different.

#1 the pre done characters had random gear so you would have to spend hours farming gear to even get a decent setup going which i'm sure 90% of the people didn't want to do.

#2 from the perspective of a brand new 50 with no gear all the gear seemed awesome so it scewed the results.

#3 The loot system that is live right now is not the one that was loot tested. This is way worse. On the loot test the wrong stuff rarely rolled together.

#4 Loot test did not have all the other nerfs and bugs and most people never even tried NM4.

I mentioned this kind of stuff a few times but it was ignored same as my questions about map specific drop rates etc.

"Well at least it's still in Alpha" he said two years from now.

This patch was a thinly veiled cash-grab, nothing more. I'm sure most of the bugs and imbalances will get sorted out but they sure spent a lot of time making the new costumes nice and shiny ><. And look, some of them are on sale!

Because **** you indeed. Well played Trendy.

To be fair, you can't expect the art team to do the code team's works.

So, i don't think it is justified to blame this patch's ***ty quality on skin release.

But this patch decision making is undoubtly really bad.

I don't mind refarming (now, not 300 other hours. A reasonable amount of time), but damn make it possible Trendy!!! Before the patch I could build NM4 incursion Gates (frost, traps and auras and my friend did walls) and we could do it no problem with 4 average NM4 DPS. Greystone endgame nm4 was almost easy. However, i can't even get pass the first wave on gates inc nm4. What is wrong?! I can't even do greystone anymore?! WTF?! 

I don't mind farming, but please, it's really frustrating when you can't even complete the first wave. And no I won't go back to NM3 because I won't find any upgrades: my characters are 650-700 iPW.

@alexstonge25 quote:

I don't mind refarming (now, not 300 other hours. A reasonable amount of time), but damn make it possible Trendy!!! Before the patch I could build NM4 incursion Gates (frost, traps and auras and my friend did walls) and we could do it no problem with 4 average NM4 DPS. Greystone endgame nm4 was almost easy. However, i can't even get pass the first wave on gates inc nm4. What is wrong?! I can't even do greystone anymore?! WTF?! 

I don't mind farming, but please, it's really frustrating when you can't even complete the first wave. And no I won't go back to NM3 because I won't find any upgrades: my characters are 650-700 iPW.

Refarm? That would be great! I WISH I could refarm! I'm at 729 iPWR and literally cannot clear the 1st wave of any NM4 map any more. And as we all know, loot does not drop on wave 1, so it's not like I can make progress while attempting to clear wave 1. Am I really expected to farm NM3 where the best gear that can drop is only 580 ipwr?

well i started reading some comments in the forum and it seems around  80 % off the ppl are put off on this patch  and the only ones who like it are ppl starting a new character ....  and like to grind everything over again in other words this patch was the same as wipeaggedon ...   

just tried NM3  too see what kind of gear drops there and at the moment the gear that drops there u can in no way complete nm4 in the state its in right now

I totally agree with this thread.

The passive nerf is probably the worst thing that was ever added to this game.. Trendy is basically telling us to refarm our gear for only one specific build, to get the same passive back we already had.

And the NM4 buff made it to hard with flat dmg increase. RIP Walls.

My deck consists of 8 lv50's: 2 dps, 6 builders, all ipwr 700-730+. Lost on Incursion gates 4/5 times. This was a map that I could solo with walls, traps, frost, dps huntress. Now with 4 other dps, we were loosing the map consistantly enough that it is frustrating to play. Walls get pooped on so hard and mobs are harder to kill.

I lost some trap dmg due to the trip/schematics changes, but I still had 2450 explosive/2700ish ele traps, 330k walls, 3.9k DP 40% frosty, 15k purge evil dmg. All my builder gear is max upgrades and I have to find replacements for every piece.

I can't even replace gear with mythicals as they only get 2 passives.Traps for example need def crit%, schematics%, and tripwire% that is 3 new passives that have to be farmed on every item and upgraded from scratch, and it has to be a Legendary drop. Pre-patch you could use mythicals/blues while gearing since you only needed 1 or 2 stats per piece, with the exception of the helm, def crit and schematics.

Now for monk you need def crit%, radiance, karma vortex, amped up, that is 4 passives that you have to pick and choose from. Same goes for hybrid frosty+flame thrower builds. Frosty, pyromania, def crit, vector.It's just a frustrating system of new passives that is cumbersome to build with. Our hero deck is limited to 4 slots, some characters have to be hybrid builds like a frosty/pyro mage & Serenity/LSA/AA monk.

It is making character gear even more pigeon holed and requires even more focus on passives, let alone hoping you get the tower stats you need.

This Forum is full of stuff people want to see changed and they even tell you exactly how you fix it, but somehow trendy thinks they know it all better and do their own thing.

Where are the people that did DD1? It seems only the art team is left because new skins is the one thing we can bank on for every update. 

@TristinX quote:

I can't even replace gear with mythicals as they only get 2 passives.Traps for example need def crit%, schematics%, and tripwire% that is 3 new passives that have to be farmed on every item and upgraded from scratch, and it has to be a Legendary drop. Pre-patch you could use mythicals/blues while gearing since you only needed 1 or 2 stats per piece, with the exception of the helm, def crit and schematics.

Now for monk you need def crit%, radiance, karma vortex, amped up, that is 4 passives that you have to pick and choose from. Same goes for hybrid frosty+flame thrower builds. Frosty, pyromania, def crit, vector.It's just a frustrating system of new passives that is cumbersome to build with. Our hero deck is limited to 4 slots, some characters have to be hybrid builds like a frosty/pyro mage & Serenity/LSA/AA monk. 

This, so much this.

Add in the fact that the stats on the gear dropped in nm4 are even lower then before, so it would take forever to even find a decent "upgrade".

@IGELmitDEAGLE quote:

This Forum is full of stuff people want to see changed and they even tell you exactly how you fix it, but somehow trendy thinks they know it all better and do their own thing.

Where are the people that did DD1? It seems only the art team is left because new skins is the one thing we can bank on for every update. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jji78uEW14

I think im just gonna stop playing. They introduced "loot v2" to reduce grind. but right now, my hard earned items are trash now. whats the point?? my serenity has smaller aura now,  i used to have 10% tripwire, now i have 3% tripwire which reduced my trap dps by 190. at the end of the day, loot is still random, sometimes even ogres dont drop items. i dont even want to talk about broken freeze towers and the new boss which is a joke, i hope