Was there a Nerf?

@Pegazul quote:

Im farming NM4 just fine lol. I wasn't using frosty to begin with since i got bored of that after a week.

It's great that the game is just fine for the .001% of builders out there, that seems like a good thing to share. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pachipachio quote:

Thanks man, I'll try it out

np.  I do this map daily with loot booster and usually make out like a bandit.  Rarely see the evil griblok/quibly.  It tends to favor skeletons and plaguing skeletons (meaning respawning additional bosses for more loot).  Typically rake in some 10-15 legendary drops on average every run with booster and anywhere from 6-10 without it depending on luck with chest and respawning skeletons.  Build should be easy enough to figure out since its essentially greystone without grinding against 3 other dudes, 18 cannons and 8 frosts in the same general area; but if you'd like some placement tips I'd be happy to take a few pics of my meta style trap/frost I use to farm it.  Happy farming

@iamisom quote:

@stiks quote:

Frosty towers bugged.

@stiks quote:

They dont freeze and dont give DP.

We're on it. Thanks for the report!

@Warmonger quote:

Some passives were nerfed as well. Treason!

Which passives are you referring to? Some passives have had their numbers reduced on a single item but are now present on more kinds of loot, which means those passives should have the same numbers altogether.

How can that be true? You can only wear a set number of items.  So if you had those items already before the patch, and after the patch the stats go down, how can they be the same?

Putting more lower passives on more items is thinning the water. How can that be the same?

Came here to see what the initial reaction was to the new patch. I think everyone's summed it up already. Good thing I put off getting the other DLC's.

@roboticaust quote:

@Pachipachio quote:

Thanks man, I'll try it out

np.  I do this map daily with loot booster and usually make out like a bandit.  Rarely see the evil griblok/quibly.  It tends to favor skeletons and plaguing skeletons (meaning respawning additional bosses for more loot).  Typically rake in some 10-15 legendary drops on average every run with booster and anywhere from 6-10 without it depending on luck with chest and respawning skeletons.  Build should be easy enough to figure out since its essentially greystone without grinding against 3 other dudes, 18 cannons and 8 frosts in the same general area; but if you'd like some placement tips I'd be happy to take a few pics of my meta style trap/frost I use to farm it.  Happy farming

Have you done it since the patch?  I don't want to admit how poorly my runs went lol

Tried cannon/flameburst runs since that gear wasn't nerfed as bad.  Only have 20% frosty since patch because I thought since I could do greystone with cannon/flameburst on even squire DPS I'd be better off farming frosty *** after this patch...

Did I *** up by not farming 50% frosty before patch or have you not tried this yet and will get your *** pushed in as bad as me lol

Did a few nm4 runs with frost and traps on the new boss. Frost worked fine on our end.

Still got alot of bad loot =/. The few legends i got from the maps usualy had ... wrong stats on them *sights*.

I guess when you get the right passivs with time again, then alot of the complains now will disapear later. It will probably turn in easier then, we just need to get the "new" gear. My 3k traps are down to 2,8k now but looking at the geyser they look so huge. With the new passiv they probably can come over 200k damage on t5 too. Still will prefer cannons over anything as soon as i get the passivs hrhrhr.

Gear passives don't scale with upgrades though, so if geyser is doing an extra 35k damage from the passive at T1 it's doing that much at T5 too 

if these work the same as the serenity aura passive, anyway

Doubt the complaints will disappear after a few days though.  Don't really imagine soloing 1000 ipwr maps becoming easier even if I increased all of my damage by 10%.  Mobs got their hp and damage buffed by 12.5% in NM4 soo..

@Pachipachio quote:

Gear passives don't scale with upgrades though, so if geyser is doing an extra 35k damage from the passive at T1 it's doing that much at T5 too 

I think you misunderstood me on that. I didn't mentioned as a scaling passiv. Sorry if it looked that way. I ment it as a total end damage.

@dreamanime quote:

@Pachipachio quote:

I think you misunderstood me on that. I didn't mentioned as a scaling passiv. Sorry if it looked that way. I ment it as a total end damage.

Oh, I assumed you must have assumed the passive scales because there's no way a huntress is getting enough DP to do 200k damage with geyser.   Guess you meant with frosties buffing it too

whatever you want to assume =).

@Pachipachio quote:

@dreamanime quote:

@Pachipachio quote:

Oh, I assumed you must have assumed the passive scales because there's no way a huntress is getting enough DP to do 200k damage with geyser.   Guess you meant with frosties buffing it too

As a solo player I was just scrapping my way into nm4, being able to last 2-3 waves map dependant -  maybe getting an item upgrade or two if lucky. Lather, rinse, repeat trying again and again, it was a very slow crawl to start seeing any success, but it was happening. Now, factoring in the increased difficulty, the bugged passives, and  the numbers being reduced on passives of gear I was wearing, I'm seeing a first wave wipe wherever I go now in nm4.  

And not to sidetrack, but weren't war cache drops supposed to be ipwr scaled? I checked it on my  traptress  clocked at 703 ipwr, and got a 550 ipwr bow (with none of the new passives). I was trying to get hyped for the official DD2 group reward drive, and invited at least a dozen friends into the group. Along with the loss of the November monthly reward pet, and my dps huntress's level 50 pet from that pet bag bug a couple weeks ago (The lack of closure other then it being mentioned in patch notes, even after multiple reports filled out back when it happened was the real stinger), I've really lost a lot of the steam and enthusiasm I initially had for this game, and update.

Please make endgame playable again for all 5 of us poor solo saps who were stuck in the limbo inbetween the final NM difficulties.  I think I need to take a break from dd2 for awhile, I still have lots of love and hope for the franchise, but dealing the with the Alpha's growing pains are far too masochistic for me right now.

I think what they have inadvertently done is magnified or enlarged the gap between NM3 and NM4.  NM4 gets more difficult but the gear does get better at the high end of NM3.

I take back my earlier statement :P. At the time i thought it was just a few people whining about frosty being bugged. I was farming NM4 greystone to wave 4 with my normal cannon build and just thought something was a bit off. Before the patch i could beat the map on my squire if i had lucky lanes. Now i can barely get to wave 4 with my DPS huntress.

So they took my feedback about the game being to hard for solo players. And then kicked solo players in the nuts for an additional 12.5% skeleton.png. Makes sense.

@Pegazul quote:

So they took my feedback about the game being to hard for solo players. And then kicked solo players in the nuts for an additional 12.5% skeleton.png. Makes sense.

I totally agree and the comment gave me a good laugh.

@Chappyy quote:

I think they anticipated the new build passives to be super OP.

I farmed almost all of the new "karl" tower weapons

#1 target dummy: I knew this one would be a turd and it is. On my wall squire it had 140k HP Even if it was double it would still be a turd. (i had high hopes but knew it was fail)

#2 LSA fist thing: This one is op at T1 but it doesn't scale with upgrades. And im not sure how frosty works with it and its massive range but in the end i think it just made it kind of viable to mix with traps rather than replace.

#3 geyser spike thing: Identical to LSA very strong at T1 does not scale with upgrades. This one might have a bit more promise since frosty will work with it better?

#4 Apprentice wall: Honestly i don't have this one. But i assume the scaling is the same as with target dummy which makes this a turd as well.

Maybe the geysers can be super OP ?

@Pegazul quote:

@Chappyy quote:

I think they anticipated the new build passives to be super OP.

I farmed almost all of the new "karl" tower weapons

#1 target dummy: I knew this one would be a turd and it is. On my wall squire it had 140k HP Even if it was double it would still be a turd. (i had high hopes but knew it was fail)

#2 LSA fist thing: This one is op at T1 but it doesn't scale with upgrades. And im not sure how frosty works with it and its massive range but in the end i think it just mad it kind of viable to mix with traps rather than replace.

#3 geyser spike thing: Identical to LSA very strong at T1 does not scale with upgrades. This one might have a bit more promise since frosty will work with it better?

#4 Apprentice wall: Honestly i don't have this one. But i assume the scaling is the same as with target dummy which makes this a turd as well.

Maybe the geysers can be super OP ?

That's kinda what I thought we would see. Do you have the best % or do you think that would even make a difference? 

@Pachipachio quote:

Have you done it since the patch?  I don't want to admit how poorly my runs went lol

Tried cannon/flameburst runs since that gear wasn't nerfed as bad.  Only have 20% frosty since patch because I thought since I could do greystone with cannon/flameburst on even squire DPS I'd be better off farming frosty *** after this patch...

Did I *** up by not farming 50% frosty before patch or have you not tried this yet and will get your *** pushed in as bad as me lol

No not yet... been on a harbinger kick since I FINALLY got the game working.  Was suffering the crash on startup bug a good 20% of players are atm.  Managed to force it open and have been going ham on event since

I assume i have some of the higher rolls.(since i have a few of each) And no i don't think it would make that much of a difference.  

My LSA weapon is 30% chance to do 792% defense power with an additional 198% to nearby targets.(i assume 800% is max)

My Geyser is 50% chance to explode for 744%. (i assume 800% is max)

My target dummy is 95% increased health and 24% defense health dmg per hit and 5% chance to teleport.

I like not using traps, Would be disappointing to win everything all the time, when using towers an errant mob can whoopass your whole defense line - exciting.

@Pachipachio quote:

There's also this:

Enemy Stat Updates

• Increased Enemy Health and Damage Growth rates by 12.5%
    • Enemies overall will see very little change at lower levels and slightly more stats at very high levels.

Edit - oh and this:

• Increased difficulty in Free Play hard slightly.
    • Increased difficulty in End Game Normal and Hard significantly.
    • Increased difficulty in End Game Insane moderately.
    • Increasing difficulty in Nightmare 1-3 modes slightly.
    • Increasing difficulty in Nightmare 4 incursions slightly.

So, no nerf overall, but game did get a bit harder.  Dunno why this decision was made

Because, if you don't use one build for squire, the one build for app, the one build for huntress, and the one build for monk, well you are screwed because they don't want the players to have time to experiment,

@Pegazul quote:

Totally.

And what about, "we won't wipe your gear anymore"? They "just" nerfed the passives on our gear, it's not a "wipe".

@Aurao quote:

@Pegazul quote:

Totally.

And what about, "we won't wipe your gear anymore"? They "just" nerfed the passives on our gear, it's not a "wipe".

They didn't say they would not wipe gear. They said no more complete  wipes specifically characters.