Upcoming 16 player CTF Map, Thoughts?

Those of you who play Ranked, and read the opening notice, may have seen the upcoming November 10th (I think) release of the 16 player CTF map. I, for one, am super excited to see how this goes. I wonder if it'll be similar to DOTA in layout and play? I mean, with less abilities per hero, but still.. mobs from either side moving to the other.

At any rate, I'm excited to see up to 16 players on one map. If it is stable, it can only mean good things for the modding community.

its going to be.... interesting

i probably wont play much of it, as i'm not interested in pvp, but i will try it it just in case it turns out to be fun

It is Capture The Flag, not a MOBA.

Good read, boss. But its a CTF in Dungeon Defenders, a game that focuses on towers and mobs. Do you not think that CTF will include mobs, and if so, how? One of the key defining factors in a MOBA is mobs from either side moving to the other side while being supported by towers and players.

Yeah, the target is a flag instead of a static destroy point, but conceptually it seems like this will be like a MOBA.

But, you know, you could just be mean. That's cool too.

The weapons in the game do too much damage and hacked weapons will ruin it. Maybe there will be classes, i hope you get to build bases using DU points. I do prefere co-op tho so not too interested.

I'm not going to play it. There are myriad other games designed with CTF in mind, not as some tacked on feature. If I wanted CTF, I'd play those.

If its anything like the current PvP map then its going to suck. Joining a public PvP match for a laugh and getting kicked if your beating the host...

Kicking should at least be vote based by the time this mode comes out.

its going to be.... interesting

i probably wont play much of it, as i'm not interested in pvp, but i will try it it just in case it turns out to be fun

Not interested in PVP either unless theres rewards.

But being as i dont play on ranked and most likely never will i guess its gonna pass me by.

Hope the games on Trendy are played on via Dedicated servers provided by Trendy cuz the majority of people have sucky connections, and with a sucky connection and 16 people comes uber not so sexy lag.

Hero Health will seriously need scaling for pvp. With people doing 20-100k dps, with health pools of 600-3k, people will die in less than a second ALWAYS.

So scaling health for pvp is probably the best way to make pvp more fun, instead of a "who 1shots the other first" (Huntress sniping anyone?)

Hero Health will seriously need scaling for pvp. With people doing 20-100k dps, with health pools of 600-3k, people will die in less than a second ALWAYS.

So scaling health for pvp is probably the best way to make pvp more fun, instead of a "who 1shots the other first" (Huntress sniping anyone?)
or do what pretty much every other game does, add a massive damage reduction vs players (at least 75%)

More PVP maps would be nice, but the 16 man stuff is pushing it a bit imo.

Seems like Trendy is trying to push stuff to soon, the main thing i think we need is More Maps and More Bosses, Not CTF.

Yep but I like to have a system giving everyone a default template to build, save and duke it. winner get good spoil of war while the losers get something too but with decent stats.

Falling players will drop their gears, just duplicate from their originals for other players to loot.

I'm eager to see how viable and/or overpowered the Portal Gun might be in it. I can already think of ways to counter it if an enemy tries popping a portal behind your lines or at your base, but... when playing TF2, it's always nice to be able to quickly pop back to the front lines when respawning....

PvP is highly welcomed in this game, casue every game where you fight AI only gets borign pretty fast. But CTF might not be the best idea of implementing pvp into TD game.

Check out the game mode i have suggested (game mode based on tower defence pvp so popular since warcraft 3 custom maps): Tower Defence Versus mode

It was already confirmed in another thread, one of the devs said there will be separate PvP balancing.

PvP is highly welcomed in this game, casue every game where you fight AI only gets borign pretty fast. But CTF might not be the best idea of implementing pvp into TD game.

Check out the game mode i have suggested (game mode based on tower defence pvp so popular since warcraft 3 custom maps): Tower Defence Versus mode

Um.. super cool. I think that'd work better than a DOTA-like CTF. Though, if they're going to do separate balancing for PVP then anything may work fine.

I also think this is a bad move on Trendy's part.

CTF doesn't really work for this style of game at all. It's a FPS mode, and this game is far from a FPS. It's a neat idea, but I can't imagine it being executed well.

Personally? The only thing I really, REALLY want here?

I hope Trendy doesn't touch anything related to PVE for the sake of PVP balance. Even Blizzard keeps screwing it up. Ideally, if they want to try and balance PVP somehow, they'll add different modifiers for it... But given how they seem to have rubber-banded everything over the past several days, hoping that they'll balance them both differently may be hoping for a bit too much.

It is Capture The Flag, not a MOBA.

Actually we I had made a discussion on one of the modes we wanted before game release, and J mentioned a game style nearly like moba style (sept the set towers are your own instead of the standard ones. Don't know if it's this one but they do have a game style like that either rdy or in development.

Personally? The only thing I really, REALLY want here?

I hope Trendy doesn't touch anything related to PVE for the sake of PVP balance. Even Blizzard keeps screwing it up. Ideally, if they want to try and balance PVP somehow, they'll add different modifiers for it... But given how they seem to have rubber-banded everything over the past several days, hoping that they'll balance them both differently may be hoping for a bit too much.

I think they did say they'd balance PvE and PvP separately.