Sign in to follow this  
huntn4it

Paying gold for a costume I already paid real life money for?

All in the title.....what's with this nonsense? Just had to drop all the gold I made from level 1-35 to get to tier 2 of this costume...not even sure how much the next one's gonna cost.

For real?

I think it's pretty cool honestly. you pay for the first outfit, then you can pay gold to unlock different levels of the same outfit. I don't use the last level of 2 of my outfits. And on my huntress i use 2 different tiers to show the difference between 2 characters. 

It's like buying 3 outfits with one purchase. The gold ends up minimal as you hit lategame. 

huntn4it, I'm very sorry for any frustration this may have caused. We're pretty wary of making any huge changes to the cosmetics system. What do you feel would be a fair way to do costume upgrades?

When you play Level 1-35 for the first time you cant know it. 25.000 is nothing. When you reach Nightmare 4 yout get this in 2-3 rounds. I have 2 Million. Upgrading a ipwr 700 weapon costs about 600.000 gold. So 25k is really nothing.

OP is correct. Non sense paying gold after already paid with crystals AND with XP to upgrade an acc Item.

And I believe you are discouraging buyers to buy more, after they notice this "Use real money to buy Crystals, use Crystals to buy skins, use your time to upgrade the skin XP and for the Grand Finale spend your hard earned gold!! GG

why not give players the option of using gold or gems to unlock the different tiers of costumes once the xp requirement is made? Granted it might not be used very often especially once a player hits 50 but it would provide an alternate way for the low levels to unlock costume upgrades in order to save their gold.

I want to see costume exp stack.

As in it's pretty stupid for me to upgrade my costume to tier 2 and not have the exp stack unless I activate the tier 2 upgrade. Once I have enough exp for tier 2 it should then carry over to tier 3.

I don't see an issue with it, it's so cheap to upgrade it just lets you make your costume more unique than the next guy after having used it for a while, something you've now -earned- rather than purchased for cash.   (25k gold?  that's nothing)  Also the costumes in this game are already super inexpensive compared to skins and stuff in other games.    

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

huntn4it, I'm very sorry for any frustration this may have caused. We're pretty wary of making any huge changes to the cosmetics system. What do you feel would be a fair way to do costume upgrades?

You know what made me sad was that I bought the Viking outfit for the Squire which was 1200 coins and that the options for the helmet, legs, and shoulders cost 2 million each to get the options.  I was hoping that buying something for 1200 coins would have all the options for that outfit.

So warning for anyone getting costumes.  You only get the base outfit you see.  Any of the options will cost you gold to unlock.

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

I think it'd feel more natural if one of the resource requirements were removed (EXP or gold). If you have to use the skin a bunch to unlock it fully (which is awkward tbh), then you shouldn't have to pay gold when you finally get the required EXP.

Tbh though, I'd just remove the gold/EXP standards altogether and put more emphasis on customization, which would have the cost (and benefit to TE) of being available through gems only. I'll go into more detail in the big feedback thread I'm putting together. This thread gave me a good idea lol

Hey all!

Just an update in case you weren't following today's Dev Stream:

All purchased costumes will now fully unlock! You will be free to mix tier pieces as you see fit right off the bat!

The details are still being worked out but all past purchased unlockers will be rewarded with gold and key(s), depending on how much they unlocked.

Check out the latest dev stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/trendyent/v/29433775

and stay up to date on all events and streaming in our new forum section!

@playlessNamer quote:

You buyed it to have it, no you are to lazy to gameplay it?

There is no problem. Money is the acces but not everything is to buy and thats good this way.

no idea what you are trying to say, but it's no longer relevant since they announced on live stream that all unlocks are now free.