Sign in to follow this  
ddace

CDT Update 1 Feedback Thread

First I want to say thanks to the members of the CDT for the hard work they put into the new patch and to the players in the community who tested out the beta and provided valuable feedback for us.  Now that the first CDT update is out, we would like to give the community the opportunity to provide any feedback they may about this new patch.  So as you are enjoying the new patch, please provide any extra feedback you may have to help further improve our, the community's, game.

New Content

• Temporary Moonbase themed tavern
  • Buccaneers Bay Campaign Map (Including Survival)
  • Pirate Invasion Challenge
  • Two new weapons
  • Two new pets
  • New accessory
  • Two new towers for the Jester

Improvements

• All boss cutscenes are now skippable
  • The trading UI supports viewing all 48 items that can be present in a trade
  • Projectile towers now accurately report the period between attacks (previously the firing animation time was not included)
  • Added a thousands separator (,) to all numbers using high value formatting when between 1,000 and 1 M
  • Tavern Dummy report text moved above hit damage text to allow for easier viewing
  • Tavern Dummy averaging period increased from 2 to 4 seconds to improve consistency
  • Tavern Dummy now reports the total damage dealt as well as the DPS
  • If Nightmare difficulty is selected in the tavern, all towers, heroes and pets will deal the damage they would in the map. Any towers or heroes spawning while Nightmare is selected will use Nightmare levels of all other stats but will not update when switching between difficulties.
  • Mana token and player shop max price increased to 2B
  • EV builders can now move while placing the child node of a beam. The player must be within casting range of either node to begin construction
  • Imp and Tower boost repair traps and beams the same way they do other towers
  • Traps and beams now use identical repair logic to other towers and will not allow repair focus for only a single charge during combat (can be repaired during combat from 95% health)
  • Tavern shop can now sell items with prices sensible for their quality (tavern shop quality consistency to be improved later)
  • Greater Turkey Hunt wave 9 time limit increased by 30 seconds
  • Item Value is reported using the high value formatting (eg. 2.1204 M) to improve readability. This is applied to the item box, player and tavern shops, item tooltip, and item inspect panels
  • Tower Wars and Moonbase now have level previews in game setup
  • Hit damage text is of a constant size. Size is about half of the previous maximum
  • Hit damage text is placed relative to the target, not the hit location
  • Jester present boxes have new defenses and adjusted spawn chances (Lower chance of item/ogre/mana spawns, and the spawn chances are now different for each type of present
  • Jester present box unlock levels increased to make room for the new Defenses
  • New Defenses added to the Jester
  1. Jack-in-the-Box (Level 1, 3 DU, 40 mana): A Defense with a fairly short-range, forward-facing punching glove. It has high health and a slow attack rate, but makes up for this with high damage and knock-back capability, with a 20% chance to knock back enemies normally immune to knockback effects, such as Ogres.
  2. Party Popper (Level 3, 4 DU, 50 mana): A standard, mid-range projectile defense which shoots a wide range of projectiles with different attributes at random: Magic Missile (generic), Archer Minion arrow (generic), Fireball (fire, small splash radius), Djinn magic bolts (Fire, Lightning, Poison and Purity- all piercing), Deadly Striker bolts (generic, passes through walls), and Ogre poison balls (poison, huge splash radius). Inspecting this tower will show the element and damage for the next shot to be fired.

Bug Fixes

• Reload speed, charge speed, knockback, blocking, guardian and propeller cat boosting stat generation clamped within their allowable range (no more picking up a sword with 1000% Blocking Bonus only to find it turned into 30% in your item box)
  • Tavern Dummy is only hit once per tick by the Slice’N Dice and Lightning Towers to match all other targets
  • “Pro-Mode” and “Invest All” function as expected when the cost to upgrade exceeds 1B mana
  • Greater Turkey Hunt correctly spawns 8 turkey bosses
  • “Invest All” will bring the bank mana to zero if the upgrade cost is greater than the banked mana
  • “UnLock/Lock All” item box functions no longer cause long freezes when used
  • Akatiti water no longer removes the slowing effect of a spider web
  • Projectiles reflected by a reflect beam no longer trigger the genie pet granting mana if they hit an enemy
  • Enemies with suppressed elemental effects are always affected by gas traps
  • Guns with negative ammunition counts (displayed as 1 ammo) can now be upgraded
  • Fix banking mana at the forge eating the invested mana
  • “Report Issue” button in options menu now points to a public form (and results are sent directly to the CDT)
  • Online mode defaults to steam
  • Fix for certain weapons forcibly spawning with max stats

Loving the update so far, but I have a not-so minor complaint....

I'm not exactly happy about the fact that the Buccaneer Bay items are random and not class specific. I don't seem to remember them being random in the beta; in fact I'm rather confident they weren't. In my runs today, I got 2 ult++ Moby's Mobile Launchers, which wouldn't normally be a problem as both are very nice, but the problem is... I had 3 barbarians and a countess in each time I did the runs. Because I wanted Roger's Revenge. The first ++, had it been a Roger, would have given me the ++ squire weapon I've been looking for from Akatiti since early May. The second, had it been a Roger, would have been on par with good ultimate+ steam saws for damage. As it stands it is still an excellent huntress weapon, but it was not what I was after and not what I remember it being in the Beta.

I would much prefer the rewards to be class based, say for example monk/squire for Roger, huntress/apprentice for Moby's, over the way it currently is. As much as I love Obsidians, the randomness in rewards is not what people like about that map.

I'm not exactly happy about the fact that the Buccaneer Bay items are random and not class specific.

They're not class specific because there isn't one for every class. It's quite a burden to make so many weapons for every update. We can deliver higher quality things to you if we don't drop tons of new models and graphics every time.

We had a discussion about this and another reason for it is that we didn't want to do 4 weapons every time and inevitably have only 1 or 2 that people would actually want. Doing it this way helps the classes that need it and avoids weapons that the players regard as useless.

@Alhanalem quote:

They're not class specific because there isn't one for every class. It's quite a burden to make so many weapons for every update. We can deliver higher quality things to you if we don't drop tons of new models and graphics every time.

Yes, but that does not preclude setting it as another class's reward. Not setting them on Akatiti make sense because it doesn't divide evenly. It is not the case here. Food for thought.

@Caimen0 quote:

@Alhanalem quote:

Yes, but that does not preclude setting it as another class's reward. Not setting them on Akatiti make sense because it doesn't divide evenly. It is not the case here. Food for thought.

If we did it as you suggested, then people would recieve no reward if they weren't on one of those two classes. Having it be random means you get one no matter which class you play.

e.g. if we don't make an app weapon one update, we'll be punishing anyone who has an app active at the end of the map by not giving them a weapon of any kind.

I love the new map and I am super excited to see some new things come to this game! I also have two suggestions for future updates. I am not sure if there is an official post for adding suggestions though so I'll post them here. If there is an official place to put them I'll just edit this. Anyway, one suggestion that I had would be to have all characters drop mana like the summoner does. Everyone seems to spew mana all over the place where it can fall off the map, but the summoner drops it in a nice pile. Another idea that I had was to add a search function to the item box. It would make it easier to look for different types of armor (godly, trans, leather, plate, ect). Also there are a couple bugs that I noticed throughout playing. I am not sure if they gave you the tools to try and fix them but I noticed some fps hits when trying to place a monk trap and when upgrading something. I am not sure if it is when upgrading all things but when I went to upgrade my genie it froze the game for a short period of time. It may have had to do with the sound file playing when upgrading a familiar. Another bug that I noticed is that whenever the new maps are selected, the selected map that displays for other people in the tavern is blank, and anytime G is hit the map defaults to deeper well. Other than those things I couldn't be happier with the development of this game. Great job guys!

Depuis que je suis français, je l'utilise google traduction d'écrire ce post:

Donc, déjà, je tiens à vous dire merci parce que la nouvelle mise à jour est vraiment bon, je vous remercie! :)

Je viens de découvrir un petit problème sur la nouvelle carte vers la droite tandis que la porte reste fermée pendant les phases de combat, vous avez prévu d'aborder cette question?

Explique un peu plus le problème de la porte et je leur traduirai.

"Depuis que je suis français, je l'utilise google traduction d'écrire ce post:" pourquoi tu fais ça ? Ca fait mal au cerveau là oO.

Love to see more French here, need that to hone my foreign language skills :))

I would really wish for a recurring easter event since its impossible to get that bunny costume. Please add that to your next update it would make my day! :)

I know you community members are all super busy providing new updates for this game; but is there anyway that you all could provide a potential Mac/Linux update that allows us players to get off of patch 7.5 and play again with PC players? :)

@You Can't AWP The WAP quote:

I know you community members are all super busy providing new updates for this game; but is there anyway that you all could provide a potential Mac/Linux update that allows us players to get off of patch 7.5 and play again with PC players? :)

that task is up to trendy. it is not something that anyone in the community has control over

@You Can't AWP The WAP quote:

As the previous poster noted, Trendy still creates the game builds (incorporating our work), and only they can handle this issue. We are hopeful it will happen but we don't know when.

I think Pirate Invasion is a little overpowered for getting mana especially if it drops pretty good accessories. 

It takes about 20-30 minutes to get 6B mana  and 1-4 200-330 (in my experience you usually get at least 1 that is decent and have gotten 3) accessories. I guess it evens out when you will be only getting about 3 upgrades on any accessory per 30 minutes. Although I think accessory upgrading prices should be lowered to 1b max per up in a future update.

Hi Team,

Think I found a possible bug.  I went to upgrade a Monk Wep last night that only had '1' for projectile damage and it would NOT upgrade.   Item was farmed off some survival awhile ago.

Pics links.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/359527686148536594/20D20E0F72F999859E1EAE95CF8E4AF10A4A5EC3/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/359527686148538432/BAA19921761F7A524C0F71A40D6EA8CA5DA5298E/

@Fatheredpuma81 quote:

I think Pirate Invasion is a little overpowered for getting mana especially if it drops pretty good accessories. 

It takes about 20-30 minutes to get 6B mana  and 1-4 200-330 (in my experience you usually get at least 1 that is decent and have gotten 3) accessories. I guess it evens out when you will be only getting about 3 upgrades on any accessory per 30 minutes. Although I think accessory upgrading prices should be lowered to 1b max per up in a future update.

WW gives 4 Coals which will be easily sold for 40-60b for 20 minutes work. I don't get any good Eye Patch there. 53 Mana Godlies allday.

I do WW in 45 minutes but I go AFK after wave 11 or 12 (depends on my chats :) ) I was never a fan of speed builds, I rather go slow, steady and with no fuss ;)

@anotherengineer quote:

Hi Team,

Think I found a possible bug.  I went to upgrade a Monk Wep last night that only had '1' for projectile damage and it would NOT upgrade.   Item was farmed off some survival awhile ago.

Pics links.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/359527686148536594/20D20E0F72F999859E1EAE95CF8E4AF10A4A5EC3/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/359527686148538432/BAA19921761F7A524C0F71A40D6EA8CA5DA5298E/

There is a fix for items spawning with dud stats coming through for the next update. Not a lot I can do about items that already got hit by the bug (I *can* fix some stats retroactively for upgrading, but you're still left starting from 1 so there isn't a lot of use in doing so)