Sign in to follow this  
Deathshrimp

The salt of public games.

Ive got this problem that actually is rly annoying in public games, that i feel is kind of a problem for my own progress.

Ive come to the point where i got good enough gear to clear most maps on NM4

but when i want to farm my other characters i pull out one of my DPS characters in the deck i will totaly have to rely on other people bringing what i need to complete the build, but the problem is that people never bring or dont have anything more than a dps character most of the times..

it does not matter wich character i pull out of the deck if its a purge serenity monk, frost tower app, waller squire or traphuntress.. trying to build a map and ppl come joining etc i ask them: Do u got the class that im lacking?

answer is 80% of the time: "Nope". 10% of the times ppl say: "they are not ready for nightmare4 or my other character is lvl <insert level before lvl 50 here>"

This is fairly annoying tho, sure i can get 4 builders in the deck and build the entire map myself, but then ill be the one bringing the team down not being able to dps down a lane..

ive been trying forever now and work around this but one component is reliant on the other so cant rly be skipped.. and anything else other than traps (or mayb LSA) works for dps at this point..

Why dont u play with friends then u might ask? well simple answer: I dont have any friends.. and the people who add me on steam just takes advantage of me and my beasty defence and constantly spaming me on steam chat: "Hi wana try betsy? wana help me fix that wep? wana do that?" sure i dont mind ppl being undergeared for NM4 but sure its frustrating.. so unless people are polite enough and have character i can take advantage of myself by being able to bring other characters into a game without ruining the core setup

what this game needs is some kind of  Check system or something like a looking for group channel or anything

that i can Check: I got a squire waller, i have frost traps or i got serenity purge, and this is what i need to be able to build and so on.. or ppl have to start lvling other characters than just dpses with green/blue gear so they are able to provide towers for a teambased game

there i got that of my chest..

different chat channels would be nice. So much spam in social tavern that many comments are drowned out by "Check this out" garbage.

add me if youd like.

I play alot and can probably fill in the holes as needed.

we can swap around heros to get the farms we both want.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/JakkuFurosu/

Happy to play with you.
I've got 5 builders and 2 DPS that i can flick around.

I can defiantly upgrade them, but my iPwr sits between 550 (its really hard to gear a frost app) and 700.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039827869

General hints for playing with other. Add the guys who have builder which you like to your friendlist. With that you get overtime a good pool of people you can play with =). And you know they are friendly and not hostile.

Overall i can recommend you to put your waller out, if you can bring the other 3 builder and one dps, its mostly enough. Against "common" belives waller is the class which can be ignored the most, because so many people have it in their head that walls are the most important part. The chance someone has walls is veeeeery high in most cases, as long as you don't demand someone to have 300k+ walls t1. 200k is good enough to get the party startet =).

But here look at that, reverse salt!

revsalt.jpg

I don't complain when someone places stuff down, even if i know my defenses are better. I am just curious how and what they plan to do it and want to see. But well alot are very hostile. Like that dude, he was going on and on about it. Then sold his walls and left (probably in hope we lose without him). Kinda strange tho I did this map maybe 400-500 times or more and then someone rages that i build stuff wrong :_D.

The frosties where far enough away and safe from a jump tho. It's another sad story when you actually know the range of the enemies attacks and attack spots >_<.

Okay, I'm gonna break down the sad truths here for OP... bare with me.  The problem doesn't lie in yourself, your builders, your steamfriends or lack of, or not having a group finder.  The problem resides in the hero deck.  This silliness didn't exist until this sequel and it was brought to the game with the best of intentions but has since become the bane of everyones nm4 experience.

As for finding quality people goes, you took the RIGHT step by using the forums.  This is where you'll meet quality players with experience in this game as well as dd1/dde.  We aren't pubcrawlers or tavernwarriors; we are the few and proud veterans and fans.

Honestly, the best solution to your problem is to meet likeminded players who aren't in it to use you as a carry.  Players who can fill your roles in deck and help lift you up in game.  Players that make you want to play.  Once you have that, the hero deck issue becomes less of an issue (granted it doesn't totally go away).

Sodium, atomic number 11, was first isolated by Humphry Davy in 1807. A chemical component of salt, he named it Na in honor of the saltiest region on earth, North America.

I have found most of, if not all of my quality friends in random games. Or from friends of people I have added in random games.

I am at the point where I recognize good players when I see them. But my friend list is so big of good players that I no longer invite people, I accept the ones I think will help me beat and/or enjoy content.

It's probably another story for players who are struggling to beat the content they are trying to beat. For you folks, I say. 

Add people you enjoy playing with. If you see a player playing good, add them. Add builders!

Some of the people I play the most with at the moment, was asking for help for NM3/4 here on this forum. 

First few games I was like, yeah I'm helping carrying this guy, makes me feel good. But then I realized he had decent stuff of pretty much everything. 

Might would just needed some different strategy, and decent teammates to beat the content he/she was struggling with. 

If you are capable and friendly to you'r team mates you will find good players to play with.

Stop telling people with 10k less wall HP to sell. Stop telling players with 50 less DPS on traps to sell. Be friendly and open up to strategies that other people use. 

Leaving a good first impression is key to getting players to play with. 

If a guy joins my gates game and starts pinging " SELL SELL SELL, FFS SELL THIS".

I will not give a crap if he has 360k+ walls. I would probably say, okay. And sell it and when we are done. I would just say my gege, and leave at the end of the match.(I never build walls> It's an example)

You are not a special snowflake, treat you'r teammates with respect, avoid simple arguments over silly matters.

@roboticaust quote:

Okay, I'm gonna break down the sad truths here for OP... bare with me.  The problem doesn't lie in yourself, your builders, your steam friends or lack of, or not having a group finder.  The problem resides in the hero deck.  This silliness didn't exist until this sequel and it was brought to the game with the best of intentions but has since become the bane of everyones nm4 experience.

This. A lot of the time I get accused of leeching because I bring both 700+ipwr dps app/hunt or my resist squire. I do this because almost every time I load into a game, someone else has already built everything, or their stuff is way better than mine anyway. I would be glad to throw down some of my other characters towers, if it was actually needed.

@dreamanime quote:as long as you don't demand someone to have 300k+ walls t1. 200k is good enough to get the party started =).

This is good to know, my walls are at t1. 230k and I thought they sucked, because everyone else I've encountered has the 300k walls.

It's kinda why I suggested they alter hero deck entirely to achieve the same initial goal without hindering the player.  Basically suggested they give you 1 of each hero at start, removing the silly level up to get more space stuff.  That each one has buyable slots for additional specs but the catch is if you lay something down in one spec then swap to the other, the stats revert to the current spec.  Would eliminate this headache while encouraging cooperation still.

yes the herodeck is a big obstacle to the progression if i could i would rly like to play  more NM4 solo, cuz then i can only blame myself for failure.

The builds in the future also needs to be simplified to be able to work without having 4 diffrent classes and now current meta and the best working strat is Waller squire, trap huntress, PE serenity monk and frosttower apprentice. and if u have all these in ur deck u wount be able to fit in a dps.

A proper easy working build would be nice were a dps actually fits in only then people will be more versatile

Surprise, surprise the HD ***s over yet another person. But co-operation with randoms in endgame?

More like leechers ahoy in end game.

Pandy nailed it, you have to sort through alot of crap before you can start enjoying yourself.

I'm not a veteran of the game nor do I have the 700+ ipwr gear that everyone seems to have these days (only started playing last month and only just managed to reach a point where I can do a few nm4 maps solo a couple of days ago). But I've been in a similar boat as you when it comes to pubs.

When I'm bored of grinding/farming I usually just hang out in the tavern trying to mix and mingle. Of course I quickly found out most of that socializing consists of people asking for help to do this or that, which isn't necessarily bad. I don't mind helping people with anything when I have the time and nothing else to do. However it really is difficult to find the right kind of players with the right kind of gear when you want to do some runs.

So I started playing with more people, only joining parties that were set up in the tavern with the members giving a general idea of what we're doing and how we're doing it, regardless of the difficulty setting they're going for. Then I watch them during the game and see how they manage and if I think they're decent players and are fun to play with, then I add them as friend and reach out to them again when I get the chance. And so far I've found three very cool people I can play with regularly.

I like your idea of a check system for parties. But yeah unless something like that is implemented, pubs aren't going to change anytime soon, and players aren't going to all start taking care of themselves or stop being all me-me-me. All we can do is wade through the crowd and try and find people we'd want to play with again. I think the forums is a good place to start, like someone else mentioned, to find some reliable playmates.

Add me as well, Steam ID is Ngamok as well.

My characters are:

Waller Squire at 284K Tier 1

Tower Squire with 13K Cannons at Tier 1

Serenity / PE Monk with 384% of 2705 DP so Aura hits for 10,300ish only

My Apprentice towers are only good enough for NM3.  Same for my Trap Huntress.  My DPS Huntress can burst typically around 75K DPS mainly because I am still using a NM3 Bow with Burst Shot and 4/s.  Haven't found a decent 4/s bow yet.