Sign in to follow this  
draemn

What is wrong with DD2 CPU useage???

So I went from a windows 7 on a high end desktop CPU to a windows 10 laptop on a reasonable CPU (i7-5700HQ) and I can BARELY play the game at 1080p with most of the graphics settings turned off... is it a windows 10 problem or is DD2 seriously that POORLY optimized that you can't run it without a very high end CPU?

Yeah, poorly optimized. Although I didnt expect to be able to run the game at full blast at 3200x1800 resolution. I actually have to change the resolution to something really crappy (below 1080p) with graphics settings set to low in order to run the game at all, and even then it's still pretty hit and miss.

Thankfully 99% of the time I'm playing on my desktop so I don't need to worry about it.

Also, your GPU most likely has more to do with it than your CPU. What did you have for a GPU in your desktop machine, and what do you have now in the laptop? I'm assuming some integrated graphics like Intel HD4400.

Hahah, it's CPU not GPU bound this game.  If I had a really really crappy GPU I wouldn't expect to be able to play games at decent settings or FPS.  My laptop is using a 970M and has no issues with BF4 on Ultra 1080p.

This sounds more like a windows 10 issue to me. 

From my personal experience of having upgraded my laptop to windows 10 from 8.1 I can say that some games just won't work properly & those games seem to be kinda random. For example torchlight 2, before I could run it fine now I get 1-3fps yet I can still run dd2 perfectly fine.

You can look this up & see people having similar issues in the most popular games currently such as LOL, WOW, Minecraft, Dota, ect, ect.. 

I've noticed loading the game my CPU runs to 100%. It would be nice if DD2 client used the GPU and multi-cores. That 32-bit problem.

@BeerGoggles quote:

Sweet malware

@denisbill quote:

I played this game on the computer, dual-core G580 and at maxed graphics and more than 100 fps. with windows 10 I like it a lot.

Locking the thread. Deleted and banned that account. Edited your comment so that the link wasn't there anymore. Transparency!