Sign in to follow this  
OtterDarkness

The First New Patch Event

@darryltillo quote:

is anyone doing the event right now?

You should go to the group chat otterdarkness mentioned in his post. You will find the players there normally.

Just came back for a bit of DD and ran the map with Atlas and some others. We didn't do so well... But it was fun either way! Thanks for this guys, it was actually my first event ^^

@gsasonepiece@hotmail.com quote:

I was sad because I could not attend this event, wanted to know if it will still ocorrrer a future not yet had a chance to participate in any event ...

excuse understand some things because I'm using the google translator, and I'm from Brazil.

Yes there will be more events in the future, fear not citizen

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone at Trendy for allowing the patches and event to happen.  Next, I would like to thank the entire CDT for all the work they have done, and for free to boot.  Thanks for helping to keep dd1 alive and kicking.   A big shout out to Otter.  Way to make a map that crushed almost everyone who tried it, including myself.  Lets see you myth and godly lovers do this map w 2k stats, cause i saw people struggle with it that had 7k+ stats.  Next, I would like to thank the whole events team, especially dj, hellfire, otter, and atlas.  You four basically carried the whole event team.   Although I was fortunate to run some people, real life was not cooperating.  

As for feedback, I think the event was very fun and challenging.  Events should be hard, require teamwork, and not be easy to beat.  The mismatch errors were a pain, but considering this was the cdt's first attempt at an event, they did a great job.  The event item reward was a great homage to the new patch celebration thread.  Love the casting rate on it.  

As for improvements, I feel the event needs to be advertised more on dd1's steam homepage, and maybe bring back the news page to let all who play know about it.  I'm sure social media would also help boost the numbers, but since it is evil I do not use it.  If the main dd steam group would put out an announcement like DD RNG did, it may help.  Maybe a live stream of the map before the event would bring in some people.  

Thanks again for the event, patches, and opportunity to run people in events.  I look forward to the next one, and hope to run and meet more great people.  LONG LIVE DD!

boon neca!

Psst guys, there's a list of everybody that ran the event on the first post so you don't have to post for trace

@curtisgk quote:

Psst guys, there's a list of everybody that ran the event on the first post so you don't have to post for trace

Traces are documented, so no need to post here for a trace.  How about some feedback for the CDT, so they can make the next event better.