The only thing I hope they don't charge for is the heroes. Because one of the things I love about LoL is that I can try characters out before buying them or I can just use their in-game currency.

I think I recall hearing something about their paid DLC being proportional to the base game cost. So it should be pretty cheap. If they wre to charge $14 for DLC, it'd pretty much double the content of the game.

Or maybe that was another game I read that about... I forget.

How much you want to bet they release it on 11/11/11 to go with Skyrim and Minecraft Adventure Update? :-P

FWIW I think Heroes make better paid DLC than maps. The downside is that you get whining about 'this premium character is way too good! pay2win amirite?' but the upside is that you never have a situation where two people can't play in the same game because one of them has paid for the map and the other hasn't.

They will be charging for expansion dlc I think... free dlc includes things like the halloween map/event but im guessing things like the new maps or rooms might cost a few bucks =o

Well, damn. As a student all my money goes to ramen and books so it looks like I'll be lacking DLC for a while. :(

The Barb is going to be part of the Expansion, which is considerably more content than a free patch/DLC. Therefore they have stated that the Expansions will cost $, whereas most DLCs will not.

There was a quote saying that the expansion would not "break the bank", so I'm guessing around $5.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm adamantly not paying for dlc. I don't have money to buy new DLC right now anyways. This one was bought for me.

You can pay for the game itself but can't pay for DLC that is most likely around $5 that makes sense...
Small indie games who work hard to give us many free benefits such as Trendy does, deserve the income, from what i've heard & researched there are only 17 trendy employees, that leaves about 1 employee for every (at-least) 5,000 customers not to mention if I've read correctly, other then the original cost of games & VERY CHEAP dlc, they do this pretty much as volunteers.
they work hard to make this stuff and people like you (not trying to troll) can't afford to spend a third of the originial cost for dlc? that's kinda sad

Didn't they say they weren't going to make paid dlc? Something about not splitting the community.

Something about them not having made three trillion dollars on a 15 dollar game released only a little while ago? Something about needing to pay themselves? Something about you being an ungrateful monster. Something about you having three lvl 70's that meant you enjoyed the game for three characters up to the max, so maybe you should support the company that gave you this fun. Something about them never claiming that ALL future content would be free, not claiming they could turn water into wine, or make you happy all the time, or that they work for you personally.

Also, blurg.

As far as Paid DLCs go, if you dont have $5 to spend on extra content then what are you doing buying a $15 game let alone gaming in general?

Thats just stupid.

i have 264 hours of current game time, i have no problem paying $5-10 for extra content, as long as its worth it that is.

The only problem i foresee is how the Barbarian is going to work out.. a Barbarian is afterall basically an illiterate(Dumb) Squire. so how exactly is Trendy going to make it Unique and not have similar towers is what i want to know.

I love when arrogant ****s try to tell people how to spend their own money and what they're allowed to complain about.