Sign in to follow this  
Propensity

DD2 is well on its way to being dead

Late game mechanics are something that I hope are on the roadmap for 2016. I'm currently playing though the End game testing out the jump from NM3 into NM4 and I'm annoyed that so far it's still the trap build that is number 1. 

I feel that Trendy should prevent Frosty Power from stacking and see what the effect would be.

@Argick quote:

Late game mechanics are something that I hope are on the roadmap for 2016. I'm currently playing though the End game testing out the jump from NM3 into NM4 and I'm annoyed that so far it's still the trap build that is number 1. 

I feel that Trendy should prevent Frosty Power from stacking and see what the effect would be.

I really hope they are too. If you're sat in end game then there's a real dead end to the fun factor. I've been at end game for months and stopped playing. So far nothing has tempted me back. Surely Trendy must address content for end game players as that's where people are going to quit their game. Surely not a good idea for a FTP game?

I'm bored as hell with traps/frosties too but a change in the meta will only leave you bored again a few weeks down the line...

@MegaHamster7 quote:

@Argick quote:

I really hope they are too. If you're sat in end game then there's a real dead end to the fun factor. I've been at end game for months and stopped playing. So far nothing has tempted me back. Surely Trendy must address content for end game players as that's where people are going to quit their game. Surely not a good idea for a FTP game?

I'm bored as hell with traps/frosties too but a change in the meta will only leave you bored again a few weeks down the line...

While I do want to see endgame get better I don't agree with this statement. People are leaving this game way before endgame, there is only a small number of players doing endgame period. It's not "end game mechanics" they need to fix, it's game mechanics in general. Most of the end game would fix it's self if they focused on that.

Aye probably true, Chappy. The broken game mechanics are more of a frustration for me as well but I would love to see the end game becoming more varied this year. I know they haven't really fleshed out the end game yet and I'm interested to see what they do with it. I can't say I'd be tempted back before the game has become more stable though.

Yes stable and more enjoyable. I think end game would benefit from more players making it there. But the big question is are the numbers still right that most players only have 1 hero and is that hero a DPS huntress? How do address the fact that people don't want to "invest" in playing endgame? I have stated what I think is wrong but I could be wrong. But the sad truth for endgame players is if they focus on endgame then we will have like 200 happy players and 1000 people that still don't care to play.