DD2 is well on its way to being dead

Seems like another successful patch from what I've read today. Can't wait to check the metrics of play to see if anything changed or if the player base is still declining. Still seems like they are changing random things until they hopefully get a working combination. Meanwhile, all of the core and basic mechanics are still broken and not fully flushed out.

But hey, at least I can wear a new costume every week.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true there are a lot of major issues with the game, especially after the harbinger patch, but seriously drop this garbage about how their prioritize are wrong because of skins. Unless you can explain to me how leaving the whole art team twiddling their thumbs all day long is going to improve the game?

Is really a disappointing patch, especially for towers, seriously the new passive cannonball damage will not do any good even you equip with 6 pieces of 3% of it when the monsters health are buff 12.5%. what towers needs are more effective AOE effects.

I'm starting to believe that one or more of the dev are from diablo 3, because the way they code the game has many similarities, buff and nerf, buff and nerf, flush out old players, attracts new players, hoping the new blood will buy more dlc.

Anyway I'm out with this game until there is a real balance for towers and real fix for the core problem, but I doubt so because TE seem to turn to a deaf ear everytime players have mentioned how inbalance towers are in NM4. It was a nice game. Have fun everyone and merry christmas.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

It's true there are a lot of major issues with the game, especially after the harbinger patch, but seriously drop this garbage about how their prioritize are wrong because of skins. Unless you can explain to me how leaving the whole art team twiddling their thumbs all day long is going to improve the game?

Looks like they consist of 90% art team. They should get some non art people on board. 

Well I am not one of the "ooh the game is dying" beliver.

But I would be happy if there would be more bug fixes tho :_(.

@iamisom quote:
@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Agreed, stagnant meta and the number 1 thing that kills the fun of the game personally for me is the Hero Deck. Too limited in what I can build. I don't want to see a increased deck slot, because then the meta will change again and that really is just a bandage to the problem. 

i want to see it abolished and never spoken of again. 

• Remove all the OP legacy gear

With our new loot changes, we have a new passive clamping system. If things go as expected, the old legacy gear passive numbers should be clamped down to the new maximum percentage, effectively negating legacy gear. We're still testing this out, but the initial results are positive. 

maybe i'm just being a hater at this point and tired of the politician style wording of trendy. but i couldnt help but notice iamisom COMPLETELY ignored the hero deck needing to be removed part... for the love of god and all other tower defense games. at least remove it for solo players! we as a majority of a community hate the hero deck. this isnt a "trend" that will go away in time. although there has been debate about it time and time again. the general feeling of just about everyone. is it completely screws over solo players. and now with this patch it's even worse. between the enemy buffs and you forcing us to only go the "1 build per toon route" because of the changes to the passives. you have shafted solo players even more. making the need for the hero deck to be removed easily at an all time high.

@Thaurane quote:

@iamisom quote:
@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Agreed, stagnant meta and the number 1 thing that kills the fun of the game personally for me is the Hero Deck. Too limited in what I can build. I don't want to see a increased deck slot, because then the meta will change again and that really is just a bandage to the problem. 

With our new loot changes, we have a new passive clamping system. If things go as expected, the old legacy gear passive numbers should be clamped down to the new maximum percentage, effectively negating legacy gear. We're still testing this out, but the initial results are positive. 

maybe i'm just being a hater at this point and tired of the politician style wording of trendy. but i couldnt help but notice iamisom COMPLETELY ignored the hero deck needing to be removed part... for the love of god and all other tower defense games. at least remove it for solo players! we as a majority of a community hate the hero deck. this isnt a "trend" that will go away in time. although there has been debate about it time and time again. the general feeling of just about everyone. is it completely screws over solo players. and now with this patch it's even worse. between the enemy buffs and you forcing us to only go the "1 build per toon route" because of the changes to the passives. you have shafted solo players even more. making the need for the hero deck to be removed easily at an all time high.

Some people "hit the nail on the head" this post smashed the nail thought the board. It really does seem like the passives that most said made heroes one trick ponies are even more exaggerated now that all your gear needs to focus on the one passive that make the one tower good.

lol thx chappyy. i know i said before that i wanted the game to succeed. but the more i think about it. the more i just dont care about this game anymore. i cant figure out why i keep coming back to these forums. dd2 has been uninstalled for about a day so far. maybe i'm hoping that deep down that trendy will somehow come to their senses and actually listen to us rather than focus so much on content and art we dont want. i honestly dont care that trendy used the excuse that they need the artists to make the costumes for money. i'm sorry trendy but neat looking costumes does NOT equal good gameplay. period. especially when you continue to ignore the issues we are yelling at you about.

at this point i'm writing another novel so i'm going to stop.

@Thaurane quote:

i cant figure out why i keep coming back to these forums. dd2 has been uninstalled for about a day so far.

You keep coming back to see what other nonsense is added and to see people vent about stuff you agree with. I know I do.

@tonyrulz92 quote:

@Thaurane quote:

i cant figure out why i keep coming back to these forums. dd2 has been uninstalled for about a day so far.

You keep coming back to see what other nonsense is added and to see people vent about stuff you agree with. I know I do.

All about the habit! Gobu

They behave like a little kid. The more you tell them that they are wrong the more stubborn they behave. 

I am waiting for the day when they throw everything off the table and destroy it out of infantile rage.  Emoji_Huntress.png

It's fun to watch.

@Thaurane quote:

I feel you. For me, I keep coming back because I feel obligated to try to make this game better in any way that I can. This usually is through discussion, suggestions, and bug reports. It sucks feeling that TE doesn't listen to or agree with our suggestions, but I dunno. I guess the fact that they gave me super-early-access through the Defense Council makes me feel obliged to see this thing out. 

After I'm done writing out my 'in-depth discussion' thread series, I'll probably be taking a break from this game altogether and just hope TE makes some good changes somewhere down the line. Atm, this game is not similar to DD1 enough for me to want to play it.

@Aheadatime quote:

Atm, this game is not similar to DD1 enough for me to want to play it.

This is such a good choice of words. The game doesn't need to be exactly the same but it should be similar enough that you feel like you are playing a newer, better version.

@Chappyy quote:

@Aheadatime quote:

Atm, this game is not similar to DD1 enough for me to want to play it.

This is such a good choice of words. The game doesn't need to be exactly the same but it should be similar enough that you feel like you are playing a newer, better version.

Yeah, I've experienced this same feeling with multiple games in the past. Halo became way too different after 3, Age of Empires became too different after 3, Final Fantasy changed dramatically with each new title release (notice they're finally remaking 7, it's because that game had a winning formula), etc. It bugs me when people say "so you just want DD1 with better graphics?"

No. I want a new game that feels ALOT like DD1 since DD1 was so magical in the first place. What sense does it make to think "Hey, this game really feels and looks awesome and rewarding. As a gamer, that means I want the next release to be completely different than this!!"

This game is already dead to me. The more it develops the more it seems like it is less tower more hero. I already own sanctum 2, it's not that fun.

@Chappyy quote:

This game is already dead to me. The more it develops the more it seems like it is less tower more hero. I already own sanctum 2, it's not that fun.

The funny thing (to me) is that hero impact would be tuned to normal (imo) levels if poison tips was appropriately nerfed.

The ability is BETTER (iif someone else uses it on you) than those 2 days we had of crit damage working on every bit of damage and had huntress DPS erasing everything with a 4/s 10x ele bow. 

Took 2 days to nerf that, but seems like nightmare difficulty just got tuned closer to multiplayer + poison tips levels.  I say closer because multiplayer is still really easy if there are 2+ poison tips and all huntress DPS

The tuning of solo and even 2 player balance is totally out of whack.  Yeah, let's take the best DPS ability, that mimics a broken mechanic, and make it work twice as good on allies.  Then let's tune the difficulty of the game according to how well they're doing

what sucks is that it seems a majority of people don't understand this and keep on lamenting about "hurhur git good, game is ezpz to us"

Hope devs will get it though

I'm probably going to take a break too. Doesn't look like trendy and i have the same opinion about solo play and fun anymore.

@Chappyy quote:

@Thaurane quote:

@iamisom quote:
@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Some people "hit the nail on the head" this post smashed the nail thought the board. It really does seem like the passives that most said made heroes one trick ponies are even more exaggerated now that all your gear needs to focus on the one passive that make the one tower good.

Everyone should spam the question request posts with remove the hero deck questions until they get it through their thick heads. Iamisom is always so excited about everything I begin to think he spends his time shooting up instead of relaying community feedback to the devs.

It's funny how they keep stressing how our feedback is so important to them and then do nothing with any of the feedback they receive.

I was wondering if this patch might tempt me back. Seems not. At this point I'm wondering if the game will ever be worth playing again.

They do listen and actually work with the feedback.

Like the one spooky map or the harbinger now. Alot of people wanted more exciting ways to do maps. More ways then just placing the same defense up, to actually look outside the just tower placement and focus on solving a "puzzle". These 2 maps are a big step into that direction to fullfill this wish for the community.

The spooky had just some small mechanical parts in it, but the harbinger is actually nearly fully doable through the mechanics of the map, when you figured out the puzzle on it. Many small mechanics which help doing the map so easy that it's doable to do the first 3 rounds with kinda no tower placement at all. The defense on this map and the placement of it becomes secondary and only is important at the beginng when you still learn about this map. Making it faster after you actually got every aspect down.

Same for the builds, i don't want to hear from people who dont play anymore that only frost and traps is possible. It isn't! Like already some starting to say, more builds are there. People just need to get the gear up now for it (which is fairly hard though with how the loot drops) and then it should be easier then before, or at last same level. Overall the flow from start to nm4 is quit good now. Many players said that and even old one created new chars or deleated their old one to have a "fresh" start. Sure there is alot to tweak and tune on endgame and ballancing but stuff needs time and they can't do everything in one go.

People stressed also for fixing legacy gear and they don't want their gear to be wiped. So the devs included a new cropping system with that the old gear at last is changed towards the new maximum. Also this prevents the creation of "legacy" gear at last partly too for the future. Making changes and adjustments easier without needing to wipe. I was kinda suprised on how many people then complained about it. And that were mostly the same who first screamed that this should happen.

People wanted stronger monthly pets because the very first were super unimpressiv. The devs listened here too and the later one all became very very powerfull. Sure the shield one got patched but that's because they found out a "bug" in the shielding skill, which also was in every shield pet skill. Before people didn't used them much except a few so it doesn't was noticed with the monthly pet it got prominent but that should not be an issue, a bug fix is a good fix. Still it stays, monthly pets are now hella strong and the next one probably will be again.

They do listen alot and change alot.

My biggest critic though on trendy is, they take way to much time with bug fixing. Like butter or iami said in a thread once, it might get even forgotten. This is not good too they need to get their act together on THIS part.

There are now again tons of disconnect issues, or connect issues in general. Matchmaking problems, still bugged passivs and spheres. Still bugged everything. Bugs only grow stronger and stronger with time :d. I would not be suprised if oneday a map appears where all the defenders need to unite just to repel a horde wave of bugs, growing in size and strength with every passing minute.

@MegaHamster7 quote:

Everyone should spam the question request posts with remove the hero deck questions until they get it through their thick heads. Iamisom is always so excited about everything I begin to think he spends his time shooting up instead of relaying community feedback to the devs.

It's funny how they keep stressing how our feedback is so important to them and then do nothing with any of the feedback they receive.

I was wondering if this patch might tempt me back. Seems not. At this point I'm wondering if the game will ever be worth playing again.

Trust me when I say this: they are fully aware of the issues of the hero deck. They have been for quite some time now. The reason why the haven't addressed it is because they have not concluded the direction they want to proceed with it yet.

Removing it altogether would introduce even more dire consequences than keeping it. These consequences have been discussed at length in other threads, so I won't elaborate on it here. Additionally, if they remove it, it would be impossible to go back, even partially, if they realize they removed it too much. The outcry against re-implementing it would surely be the death of the game, even if a partial re-implementation with modified mechanics would be better overall.

This means Trendy has one, and only one, shot at getting the improved hero deck right. This means they are taking their time to get it right - sure, it's slowly killing off the playerbase right now, but that's better than ripping it out, realizing they ripped it out wrong, and causing a large-scale calamity putting the entire game in jeopardy.

Yes, we all know a large portion of the game's current mechanics cannot scale. Yes, Trendy is well aware of these shortcomings. And yes, they'll eventually get it right by the time the game launches live. We as players can either stick around and continue providing feedback until they get it right, or go play other things waiting for Live launch and pray that we agree with the game mechanics they implemented. As more me, I'm in it for the long haul, even if that means only logging in once every few days to get my wyvern tokens and that's it.