Sign in to follow this  
talynone

Paying Huntress DPS 100% of the time gets boring. Also pets in general suck.

The Narwhagon/Shield pets made melee / tank players fun and viable to play with, but Trendy nerfed it so hard I might as well sell it when my pet box gets full. If shield pets were too powerful then make it so it takes 5-10 hits to reflect back enough damage to kill an ogre, most people don't have the builds to survive that. It seems like if Trendy were told they're feeding their child too much their fix would be to starve the child until it dies. Balancing doesn't' mean to take it to the other end of the spectrum of usefulness. 

Also as a general rule monthly pets should be a little more (noticeably) more powerful than regular pets as they require a lot more work to earn otherwise there's little to no incentive to go through the trouble of attaining them, not even as a collector's item as there is no trading in the game. 

The pets in DD1 were much more fun, useful, better looking and had a lot more variation than in DD2 where they seem little more than decoration save for a few.

I'm surprised Trendy didn't nerf poison tips, maybe they really do just want us to play as the huntress all the time. 

Small off topic:

Poison tips isn't that crazy of an ability (ignoring crits it's 55% HD/s if using a bow spread that gives 260% HD/s, it's 43% if using  a majority of the other bow/staves which are 200% HD/s)

The way I came up with that is just 200 * 50% for poison tips' additional damage and multiply all of that by 9/21 for its uptime (9 second buff time with 21 sec cooldown)

Crits can change that a bit though

For comparison:

Gato rockets are 84% HD/s

betsy is 67%

fire barrage is 70%

But yeah, absolutely agree otherwise.  

Some pets have cool niches, like curse aura, gravebolt, bless (although it really needs to go back to the full blue mana regen), and slows/binds from bear kira, blizzard, and vine whatever

... but a lot of them have dumb abilities.  Dragon protection still does nothing (adds 10% health to defenses' MAX HP... so it helps repair stuff 10% faster for 10 seconds with 60 second cooldown? lol)

I use it with squire :d. Works super well. Well it's darude sandstorm not poison tho.

I also love my squire, and monk. My huntress more but i don't need gear für hear sadly.

Also for meele there are alot good pets, not only the shield which got prominent since narwhagon. AOE slows which can be spammed 24/7, aoe curse, aoe damage boost.

A tank squire can also survive infinite and hold a lane or 2 on his own.

Other interesting pets full heal and lifesteal, but these are not that strong.

It probably needs just another monthly pet again to point out that there are strong pet skills. Just explore more of the pet skills, they already have a wide variation and they probably will get alot more to them.

Yeah, sandstorm =/= poison tips >_>; 

Point is , and should be moving forward, that while you could play squire/monk there is no question huntress will make a much bigger difference in the game.  Same could be said, but to a lesser degree of course when comparing huntress to app 

It's just kind of crappy design and unfortunate there hasn't yet been a lot of focus on it.  No surprise your huntress doesn't need much gear anymore, no surprise most of us have a <0.1% of finding upgrades on huntress but are still missing big monk/squire upgrades

If you're playing with a group, app DPS is better than huntress DPS in a physical resist lane 100% of the time. Granted, huntress is the best hero in a magic resist lane 100% of the time... so whenever I join public NM4 games I'll bring both along so I can be versatile in which lane I'm defending. Tank squires had their limelight last week with the narwhagon pet, but with the recent nerf that's no longer the case. DPS monk just all around sucks - can't survive long enough to dish out melee damage, and can't dish out nearly enough ranged damage to compete with huntress/app. I even have a DPS monk, and I've tried using him in NM4, I really have. He just can't compare to the utility of other heroes.

Pets are very boring in general compared to DD1 imo. Sure theres some nice things they can do but when it comes down to it none of them are really powerful at all and almost pointless to go for. At least in DD1 pets were exciting to farm for because getting a good pet meant a decent boost to your overall ability to solo and in a party.

This is exactly why I made a thread on melee combat. Right now, the only viable option is ranged DPS during combat phase. There's no more casting rate, meaning there's no more engineers, and the melee combat is awkward and punishing, meaning no more melee DPS characters.

What, they nerfed the Narwhagon already.  I hadn't even killed an ogre with it yet ;-)  I guess it's best I never learned how awesome it was.  Saves me from feeling its loss.  Getting nerfed makes me feel like Charley in Flowers for Algernon, well except for the part where I am stupid at the end.

[[31834,users]] I too have a Monk DPS and I want him to be great so bad, but he isn't ;-(

Narwhagon wasnt imba. It couldt do 3-4M dmg with a 30 sec cooldown but the rest of the time you are a useless squire. 3million dmg is what a dps huntress make in 30 sec with 100k dps so its just fair the squire has a single nice burst every 30 sec.

Mostly he die while dealing this damage, when there are 2 or 3 ogers the cooldown is way to long to attack more than 1 with the shield, you cant use it close to baricades because you will force the stomp attack what 1shots all your defenses (just not the meta defenses aka traps). often you die to other creeps before when the oger stands inside a horde without dealing any dmg to him.

What does it now? 100k dmg? 200k dmg? I wont even try it because i allready feel it will be a shame. Even the half dmg would be a to hard nerf for the shield! Acting like Blizzard, unable to spell the word "Balance". The squire was finally usefull, still not as usefull than a huntress but he had finally a good 30sec cd abillity what makes him more than a blocker infront of traps.

I think the next patch will decide much. Dont know if i should laugh or cry when i read the actual Diablo3 patch. How can ppl be able to programm videogames but have absolute no clue about balancing it and make it playable? Dont go full ret... Dont go Blizzard!

gl, hf

RIP Narwhagon... You used to be able to kill ogres as a squire, now it doesn't even do enough dmg to kill trash mobs. Sure, the reflect dmg was a little bit insane, but with this nerf shield pets went from awesome to almost useless :/

And as playlessNamer said, 3million dmg is what a dps huntress make in 30 sec with 100k dps so its just fair the squire has a single nice burst every 30 sec.

@dreamanime quote:

So many good pets :d we all just need new monthly pets so we can find the good skills.

Hate to break it to you dream, but the new monthly pet has a rather underwhelming ability. Or maybe I haven't discovered it's full potential yet? :/ gobu :/

2lxctux.jpg

Yeah the new monthly ain't good at all, just awesome looks. Know that already. I fear the day they will nerf the poison tip pet and darude sandstorm one, i kinda fell in love with it :_(.

Will probably happen as soon as a monthly pet get this skill and alot writing again how op it is.

Well at last we will have the bear and blizzard pets still then as a back up, or a cc vine pet :d.

Pokegobu feed them all! gobu.

@westenra quote:

@dreamanime quote:

So many good pets :d we all just need new monthly pets so we can find the good skills.

Hate to break it to you dream, but the new monthly pet has a rather underwhelming ability. Or maybe I haven't discovered it's full potential yet? :/ gobu :/

2lxctux.jpg

There is an ongoing discussion internally about Pet skill viability and Hero DPS balance. I wouldn't expect any major changes, but we are listening to your complaints and taking them to heart. 

Thank you for the feedback, Defenders!

@gigazelle quote:

If you're playing with a group, app DPS is better than huntress DPS in a physical resist lane 100% of the time. Granted, huntress is the best hero in a magic resist lane 100% of the time... so whenever I join public NM4 games I'll bring both along so I can be versatile in which lane I'm defending. Tank squires had their limelight last week with the narwhagon pet, but with the recent nerf that's no longer the case. DPS monk just all around sucks - can't survive long enough to dish out melee damage, and can't dish out nearly enough ranged damage to compete with huntress/app. I even have a DPS monk, and I've tried using him in NM4, I really have. He just can't compare to the utility of other heroes.

I agree, DPS Monk for melee is pretty terrible considering how slow the projectile fires compared to a good Huntress 4/s bow and the Large Sphere.  Monk needs to be looked at.