Sign in to follow this  
TartarSauceGamer

2 AFK Players In Game

Just got off a game where there were 2 players who would press G each time a round ended, but would not give up their mana or participate in the game. Unfortunately, me and the other player had no way of kicking them, since you need 3 votes. This is a pretty scummy tactic to get XP, and I wish there was a way to report players in game.

Oh come on now, it's not that bad. There are certainly awful experiences, but in my experience most public games are just fine.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Welcome to DD2, this is only just the beginning.

@xCrispy quote:

I do.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@xCrispy quote:

Oh come on now, it's not that bad. There are certainly awful experiences, but in my experience most public games are just fine.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Play end game with randoms and say that.

Then all signs point to you being a Leprechaun and have tremendous luck. Most every match I play with randoms there's always one weak link.

Well of course there are weak links, but the situation OP described is not particularly common.

I did just attempt a NM4 LR pub match and it was a bad experience with a couple players not bothering to repair. But it's not usually that bad. Although I usually keep to myself in solo play, so maybe I don't have enough pub matches under my belt to have any meaningful input.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@xCrispy quote:

I do.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@xCrispy quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Play end game with randoms and say that.

Then all signs point to you being a Leprechaun and have tremendous luck. Most every match I play with randoms there's always one weak link.

My personal experience ... 50 % of all my NM4 inc. games gets f..... up because of uber elitists wannabes, trolls, leechers, retards, morons .... the list is long.

In DD1 i really enjoyed helping newcomers. In DD2, i don't do it, because i have no way of kicking idiots from my game.

From my experience its more about 60% which good, 20% which are fine after abit of talking done, 10% are no hope because people don't understand or listen, 10% are bad because of troll instant afk. So overall in nm4 it is still fine =). But mostly require a few nice sentences, started mostly with a "Hi" and then a "can you please..." maybe =) or a "My serenity gives 25% damage increase, if you want to use it" stuff like that :D. My most said one is tho "Anyone of you having a wall?" With that include some in the building process (never take my own waller with me except for when someone else wants to build, so i let him/her). 

I don't have any horrible experiences in pub games, but I have a lot that could've gone better, or needed better communication.  I generally find that afk players and leechers are not in every match, but I don't really play pub NM4.  I agree the OP's situation is irritating, but does it happen more than 10% of the time?    

sometimes if you have trouble with an afk guy or just g up guy, do it like them, just instant g behind it :d wait fail, and they will leave because "you sux" and you can then play with other good player :D.  Only downfall to this is, if you still win the map tho, they probably will stay then.