Sign in to follow this  
Mystifix

Few things That i wish could be done(Enhancing, Organization, Ect with HUD to help Micromanage)

Howdy! I dont usually post but I figured I would give a hand and list off a few good ideas that could make the game run smoother, give less of a headache to players, allow more free time to actually game, and help newbies or others who dont know what they are truly doing a helping hand :)

Here I Go :P

Tavern:

~Allow me to create a room, or search for one. Please?

~Auto start in Private rooms. it helps out the slower loading ones who just want to play solo, add in a option to never go to a social room.

~ Tavern is too big, minimize it please? too much open space. maybe if you implement the minimized tavern, be it for private rooms, and keep the bigger one for social taverns?

~(Unsure if on PC, But on PS4) Hold down the touch pad to pull up the charachter screen other than walking all the way to the forge.

Inventory:

~Be able to organize by how powerful the item is, dictated by you. So lets say you you want to look for things that give you Hero HP. You click the button that indicates how you want to organize and all the highest Hero HP Giving items will be at the top of the list

~Invisible items. You have items that you cant equip? Either by Not high enough level, wrong class, or whatever and dont want to sell because you might need it? Click the icon saying hide all you cant wear and they dissapear from the inventory(Replaced with a red X or whatever indicating something is taking up that slot)

~ (Not sure if this one is already implemented since i dont really play steam version, PS4 FTW) Auto Sell. Pull up a menu that you auto sell items that dont meet your specifications. say you want to get rid of all level 15 and below items,. pull up the menu and fill in the box. when you pick up an item and its level 15 or below, it auto sells.

Enhancing

~Get rid of 5 items at a time. Click as many items as you want then hit enhance. instead of a rotating table, make it a cauldron or perhaps just make her go behind a screen, noises comes out and she comes back with your enhanced item.

~ Auto Enhance. Sorta stacking with the auto sell here. when you pick up items that don't meet the specifications you deemed, it stores in your inventory untill you return to the tavern, then you judicate what item you want enhanced.

~Stat Additives. Have an item that doesn't have a stat you need super duper badly but has all others that you need? have a enhancement only item that replaces a stat of your choice (Lets say Tower Power) with a random one.

~ Deconstruct Items. Instead of just selling it or enhancing it, you can deconstruct it for a small amount of Exp. Helpful Early levels. maybe add in some sort of mini game for how successful you are? gotta make them work for it :)

GUI(Game User Interface)

~This game is all about micro managing your hero(In my opinion at least.) add in the option, under option, to change the hud how you want. dont like the way the HP bar is sitting on the top Left? Move it. skills in the way? Move it, or delete the bar if you know what your buttons do.  Change the skin, or allow downloadable GUI skins to customize players enjoyment.

HUD(Heads Up Display)

~Read GUI For the Just of it. Change the icons how you want, increase or decrease the size how you want.

Item Shops.

~Save items, You know, like in the first game?

~Shops Button. I know you put in alot of effort to localize everything in the tavern, its great, its beautiful, its exhausting walking all the way over there just to browse their wares. Add in a button or something in the Character screen to view store.

~Add in a bank system. Deposit a % of how much money you earn questing to put it aside for use in the market(See Below). you cannot withdraw it any way.

~add in a player marketplace, for those who wish to sell their items. can only be accessed in social taverns(I remember the duplicating issue with the original game. I do hope there's nothing like that with this one :(, completely ruined the fun of it. )

~Have a random Vendor who travels to the social tavern who sells super rare items super expensive. only has 1 and whoever buys it first, hes runs out of stock for everyone else. encouraging trading, and playtime. Comes every 1d24 hours(Think of a dice)

Thats pretty much what I would like to see this game have. its getting there. Keep up the good work Designers, Coders, and Artists :)

Most of these sound great suggestions and I believe some are in the works, I think I remember someone saying the enhancing was getting an overhaul?

Personally I don't have too much problem with the tavern being that big, although it might be nice to combine the shops, just to reduce legwork - have tabs rather than separate merchants.

The PC can already open up the character menu at any time, but not having it in the PS4 version seems annoying! (just like back to old DD1)

Auto sell - would really like this, it isn't put in the PC version and would be SO helpful, get so annoyed when I forget to clear my bags/ don't have time to between waves.

You don't post often? you've got about 500 more than me :)

@Caveman Caber quote:

Most of these sound great suggestions and I believe some are in the works, I think I remember someone saying the enhancing was getting an overhaul?

Personally I don't have too much problem with the tavern being that big, although it might be nice to combine the shops, just to reduce legwork - have tabs rather than separate merchants.

The PC can already open up the character menu at any time, but not having it in the PS4 version seems annoying! (just like back to old DD1)

Auto sell - would really like this, it isn't put in the PC version and would be SO helpful, get so annoyed when I forget to clear my bags/ don't have time to between waves.

Hate to tell you this but i asked if they would bring back auto selling ground items upon the start of the next wave like in DD1 in one of the dev streams and they made it sound like it was unlikely to happen which is really sad.

@Arcflare quote:

@Caveman Caber quote:

Hate to tell you this but i asked if they would bring back auto selling ground items upon the start of the next wave like in DD1 in one of the dev streams and they made it sound like it was unlikely to happen which is really sad.

I Honestly forgot about the auto selling of the old game. i didnt really pick up anything that the monsters dropped.  this version of auto sell i was talking about was you sell the items in your inventory that you deemed to be unworthy of your affections. Such as anything less than powerful, or heroic. anything less than 15 Tower Power. Ect.

Regarding the Hero Menu. It would be even better if we could just switch the character by Keybinding. F Keys for Example. Wont help you on PS4 though, but maybe this could be done there as well (dont know the Controller Layout as I play on Steam).