Poison tips pet ability thread

Not a lot of information was going around about the poison tips ability, so, I figured it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to finding out what this ability actually does, how good it really is, and how to find it.

Things we know.

1. The ability can only roll on pets that have earth damage. Can drop from pets hatched from creeper, gato and dragon eggs. Premium pets can also have this ability if they have earth damage and do not roll their special re-skinned ability / another ability. (Unsure if this ability only drops on specific pets with earth damage or all pets with earth damage)
  2. Augments each projectile that you shoot with a magical earth damage dealing +50% of your shot damage. For example, if you hit 5000 with each arrow on your bow that has 4 projectiles, all 4 of the projectiles will deal an additional 2500 damage each. If you happen to have an elemental effect that hits for 100 on each of the 4 projectiles then all 4 of the projectiles will deal an additional 50 damage each whilst the ability is in effect. 
  3. The ability can also crit, so if your projectile deals 10k damage on crit then poison tips will add an extra 5k damage on top of that. Poison will just snapshot the total damage dealt by a projectile and add 50% so if you headshot a mob for 1.5x damage then poison tips will hit for 50% of the combined projectile + crit damage.
  4. The ability deals extra damage when applied to other players versus when it is soley applied to yourself. This is because you will personally deal the same extra damage that they deal to any targets hit meaning that all bonus can be effectively counted as 100% and not 50%.
  5. The ability has a 20 second cooldown and a 10 second up time. 
  6. Applies to all players in a small radius around the caster. Does not affect towers. 
  7. Stacking does not refresh the duration and does not double the effect. Therefore if multiple people are using tips on each other the best way to do so is to wait for the buff to completely fall off before applying another to get the most out of the cooldown.
  8. When stacked with sandstorm the server will boot you from the game. (Before harbinger 9.0 patch when tips + sandstorm were stacked together on a player that player would deal exponential damage, effectively 1 shotting every mob including high hp bosses such as betsy. This used to cause the server to roll back your character to the point you were at before loading into the game and send everyone in the game with you to the title screen)

Thanks in advance guys, let the discussion continue! 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you look at the additional damage and note your hero damage?  And then swap it to another class and note the additional damage and hero damage?  

I started afk leveling some earth pets. I think i have like 3 legendary and 2 mythical ones i can try. Ill let you guys know if i get one and do some dps tests.

Update: 0/3

1st pet was earth kitty general ended up with boulder ability

2nd pet Earth Imphernal got sandstorm ability

3rd pet Earth dragon got stinky pits ability

I think im done trying to find this for now.

I got the ability on my evil wick, I was kinda angry i didnt get the special ability hes suppose to have but i wasnt to bother because i do love the poison tips ability

I just got sandstorm. Anyone know how that works ? It seems to add like 50% more dps to everything around me. but the cooldown is 20 seconds and it only lasts like a second so its not very useful.

@Pachipachio quote:

Can you look at the additional damage and note your hero damage?  And then swap it to another class and note the additional damage and hero damage?  

I don't currently have the pet myself, i've only seen it used by a friend.

@Pegazul quote:

I just got sandstorm. Anyone know how that works ? It seems to add like 50% more dps to everything around me. but the cooldown is 20 seconds and it only lasts like a second so its not very useful.

Lasts like 3-4 seoncds max. Too long CD to be worth taking.

Maybe stacking with poison boost, then again. Too low gain. Maybe has a use on betsy NM4, for burst dmg. 

wait what, 50% added :D what is this sandstorm? 50% damage increase for towers? That would be sick even if its just a few seconds. I would so love it to have if thats what it does.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Pegazul quote:

Maybe stacking with poison boost, then again. Too low gain. Maybe has a use on betsy NM4, for burst dmg. 

@dreamanime quote:

wait what, 50% added :D what is this sandstorm? 50% damage increase for towers? That would be sick even if its just a few seconds. I would so love it to have if thats what it does.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Pegazul quote:

Have gotten my DPS on dummy up to 180k with sandstorm.( With 4/s charged shot)

It's for heroes. 

Since people are interested in the sandstorm thing.

From my quick testing:

Using my DPS app with fresh evolved no dps stat pet using a 2/s 4x spooky staff.

Normal training dummy dmg = 4x4000 per shot

With sandstorm on = 4x4000 + 8000 extra magic dmg.

flameburst tower dmg = 1400 dmg per shot

With sandstorm on = 1400+ 750 magic dmg per shot

If i activate it right when the flameburst tower is about to shoot i get like 2 shots worth of boost. This might be worth it right next to a huge minefield or a cannon tower zerg if your trying to kill something big in a hurry. 

If the cool down was like 10 seconds it would be a great ability.

@Lotri quote:

I've heard it's almost 100% chance on Imps with Earth damage. I'm 1/1 so far.

Can you look at the additional damage and note for us that damage + your hero damage stat?  Then swap to another class and note for us the additional damage  and hero damage stat? 

2 Pages and we still haven't gotten to the bottom of this >.>;;

I'll try to test that in a bit.

Regarding your mention of stacks, one of the streamers was using it to down Betsy in NM4 Endgame. I think when they had 4 people doing it, it crashed their game. Hearing this secondhand, so it's hearsay.

@Pachipachio quote:

@Lotri quote:

Can you look at the additional damage and note for us that damage + your hero damage stat?  Then swap to another class and note for us the additional damage  and hero damage stat? 

Okay. Looks like the bonus magic damage is 50% of your hero damage. 2254 + 1127. 12176 + 6088.

EDIT: Not hero damage stat. It's 50% of the effective damage (what you are hitting).

Ok because that sounded so intresting, i leveled a few pets up today to check out this pet skill too =). Got it after 3 earth gato pets.

It is reaaaly nice and i like it on many levels and for solo play it turns the whole cannon build from strong to super really strong.

First i tested it on my dps chars, nice to have on the huntress for sure, giving her a good portion of magical damage on top of her physical on regular shoots. But i kinda  loved the damage increase for the monk more, because he has so many procs and attacks. I got on the dummys values around 400k-500k with it, in a real fight that would be around the same, because if you fight on a mag res lane it would not help you much out there, but it makes the monk now able to fight a phys res lane too because of the 100k-200k mag dps.

monkdps.jpg

and for cannons thats just hillarious tho. They can be turned to mag dam with it kinda and that is huge =). They already can deal with phys res lanes on their own, but this makes it easier, also they kill bosses now way faster too.

In the tests i don't have the best gear equiped, but i have the boost from the boost sword up to even it out. In an actually battle on a map they do 1,5 times more damage, don't ask me why i don't know myself i just observed this alot of times. So their actually damage is higher as what you see in the screens. Also the own inspect is bugged too in some ways. Dummys and the inspect screen really needs a big time overhaul.

First a single cannon with sandstorm active. It does arond 150k on dummies but in a battle that is around 200k dam with ez now on a maxed cannon. Not constant because the sandstorm is a burst for a few seconds, so it is around 3 cannon shoots per cannon, it does help alot to clear the phys res lanes or burst down any debuffer.

1cansand.jpg

Here a 5 cannon setup without sandstorm reaching up to 600k dps this means it actually could do around 900k with sandstorm over a short time with luck and around 1,3m damage roughly in a battle on at last the neutral lanes on the specific lanes on a mag res it would be around 675k on a while on the phys res it would do with sand around 475k dps for 3 shoots, that's more then enough to clear alot of targets off.

5can.jpg

Here with sandstorm active. 860k like in theory it nearly mets the value.

5cansand.jpg

The pet skill is really nice tho the cooldown is kinda long, but if you consider that many parts of a battle it's more about a burst or hard short parts, then this is good. You kinda need sometimes just the umpf to fight you through and this is nice and big. Turning a full phys damage build into a phys/mag damage it gives quit abit of options. Also it helps big time for the AA because of the additional damage.

I am leveling up this pet/skill for sure, it's a funny one which looks promising and usefull.

@Lotri quote:

@Pachipachio quote:

@Lotri quote:

Okay. Looks like the bonus magic damage is 50% of your hero damage. 2254 + 1127. 12176 + 6088.

Ok, just to clarify for people:

I got the ability and when Lotri says 50% of hero damage he means the actual damage the hero is doing, not the hero damage stat.  I had assumed he meant he tested on a hero who had 2254 HD and got procs of +1127, and 12176 HD had +6088

So, it DOES get separated by multi hits by the very nature of multi hits themselves getting separated.  Doesn't function like crit damage did before the patch :(