Sign in to follow this  
Jojozityjo

Crafting System

A good long bit ago there was an influence vote to see if the people wanted a crafting system that lets them modify stats on found gear or even create gear from scratch, or to keep it as drops only and hope for the best. The crafting system won.

So what happened to that? Are the devs going against a won vote and deciding to not add crafting system even though it won the vote?

and yes, i know a lot of you elitist types or whatnot wil lcome in saying "A crafting system will take away from hours played." Ya know, i really dont care, it's a game, i shouldnt be having to devote months and years of my life to finding the perfect gear so i can advance and have me some fun, i want my gear, i want it asap. I want to be able to go through maps, collecting crafting things needed to alter gear, and make MY ideal gear, and i can say, i made that, that crafted thing makes me awesome. That, is fun, they had that in DDE, granted a kinda crappy version, but it was something.

So tell me, did the devs decide to go against this vote? cause it was ages ago and i see nothing being toward towards it. In fact im even seeing hints that they are actually going against it despite soooo many people wanting that crafting system.

I think its still in the planning stage but they have mentioned that it is something they still plan on doing.

Yes they still plan on doing it and theyve mentioned it plenty of times on stream. Its going to be along time before its implemented but we will get it eventually.

okay good, cause i dont watch the streams, i dont have time to sit and dedicate an hour to just watching a dev stream video x.x

but thank you, im glad they are going to honor that vote and get it in sometime, cause god this relying on random drops is getting me nowhere at all x.x

@Jojozityjo quote:

okay good, cause i dont watch the streams, i dont have time to sit and dedicate an hour to just watching a dev stream video x.x

but thank you, im glad they are going to honor that vote and get it in sometime, cause god this relying on random drops is getting me nowhere at all x.x

Also keep in mind the new loot changes that are coming will ease a lot of this terrible rng many of us have been experiencing.

me too dreama, me too

no matter how good it is though, id still like the crafting system put in eventually. Though it would be nice, and smart, to make it so you dont HAVE to craft to get your ideal gear, so people can go either way, enjoy the grind, or enjoy the craft.

@Jojozityjo quote:

me too dreama, me too

no matter how good it is though, id still like the crafting system put in eventually. Though it would be nice, and smart, to make it so you dont HAVE to craft to get your ideal gear, so people can go either way, enjoy the grind, or enjoy the craft.

Yah, if the new loot system takes out a lot of combinations of rolls (is that even something they're doing?) a certain combination you or I might want to try out for fun/experiment could get caught in the crossfire 

Crafting would ameliorate that and make a lot of sense.  99% of the drops people want to see are tower stats and/or standard HD/AP DPS rolls

The rest of us who farm past that and get weird sets going could use a crafting system that takes an ungodly amount of gold/materials/whatever to dissuade people from getting perfect gear using that vs farming.  It'd be alike a "finishing touches" mechanic

you could make it similar to pets, that wouldnt screw up balance. Add a reforger npc or something and you need special items, like the empower and pet power stone things to change pet stats, but something for gear, and when you wanna change a staton a piece of gear, you gotta use one of those items and hope it rerolls to what you want, of course make it so it doesnt reroll into something that your current hero cant use, like if i reroll on squire, dont make it give me aura boost XD

that way it's still a bit of a grind, to get the materials to reforge our gear, but it gives people a definite to rely on, something they can take solace in. Where is just compeltely relying on gear drops to be perfect, there is no definite, tends to drive people mad. Least with the crafting thing i mentioned, they have the reforging to take some solace in and not go nuts so easily lol

@Jojozityjo quote:

you could make it similar to pets, that wouldnt screw up balance. Add a reforger npc or something and you need special items, like the empower and pet power stone things to change pet stats, but something for gear, and when you wanna change a staton a piece of gear, you gotta use one of those items and hope it rerolls to what you want, of course make it so it doesnt reroll into something that your current hero cant use, like if i reroll on squire, dont make it give me aura boost XD

that way it's still a bit of a grind, to get the materials to reforge our gear, but it gives people a definite to rely on, something they can take solace in. Where is just compeltely relying on gear drops to be perfect, there is no definite, tends to drive people mad. Least with the crafting thing i mentioned, they have the reforging to take some solace in and not go nuts so easily lol

For that to work the pet system needs to be fixed first. And actually I dont want another "roll random stat for gold" mechanic. It's already expensive enough to upgrade items and reroll pets. I want to choose the stat the item gets. Or even improve an already existing stat. But I guess it wont happen, since more RNG equals more playtime, means more chances  to throw additional money at the game, even if its frustrating.