Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

So are sort after Legendary weapons bugged?

I thought it was a coincidence, but i'm not so sure anymore.

As I'm after a better Cold Touch Staff for my App but the Legendary Chest keeps giving me Huntress Bows and when I'm on my Squire I keep getting Purge Evil Staffs.

This is either intentional or bugged atm.

So going to play Huntress more and see If I get a Cold Touch Staff.

Anyone else finding this to be true?

My mate searches for a single chilling touch since 2 weeks now. He never found 1 and mage was his mainchar long time. I find about 2-3 a day and i dont even have a mage.

funfact:

He has no monk and keeps finding purge evil polearms every day while i find maybe 1 in a week.

Random?

@playlessNamer quote:

My mate searches for a single chilling touch since 2 weeks now. He never found 1 and mage was his mainchar long time. I find about 2-3 a day and i dont even have a mage.

funfact:

He has no monk and keeps finding purge evil polearms every day while i find maybe 1 in a week.

Random?

So Monk unlocks Chilling Touch?

That would mean the Huntress gives out the Sword and come to think of it she does, as I remember getting a Speedy Harpoon from the chest. So It looks like I need to start gearing up a DPS Monk and see what that brings.

Now I'm positive it goes like this.

Legendary Incursion Chest's and Ogre's have a chance to drop this.

Monk = Chilling Touch Staff

Huntress = Speedy Harpoon Sword

Squire = Purge Evil

Apprentice = Phoenix Bow

This would explain everything and as to why I am getting those drops on those classes. Except for Monk. I haven't geared up mine just yet. The others though I can definitely confirm.

Definitely from my testing play monk during rounds and not monk for final round if you want purge evil. I was levelling apprentice recently and first legendary chest dropped purge evil.

Squire for me drops bows from chests, huntress swords, monk apprentice staves and monk chilling touches, with respect to named legendaries, they do drop their own non-special weapon types.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Squire = Purge Evil

Apprentice = Phoenix Bow

This would explain everything and as to why I am getting those drops on those classes. Except for Monk. I haven't geared up mine just yet. The others though I can definitely confirm.

Nope.  That's just a coincidence. I've been playing ONLY squire for the past 3 weeks straight and have picked up multiple chilling touch, phoenix bows, splody harpoon swords, and at least 3 purge evils while playing only the squire class. I'm almost positive that it's an equal drop chance on all classes for these 4 items.

@DrumMajor012210 quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Squire = Purge Evil

Apprentice = Phoenix Bow

Nope.  That's just a coincidence. I've been playing ONLY squire for the past 3 weeks straight and have picked up multiple chilling touch, phoenix bows, splody harpoon swords, and at least 3 purge evils while playing only the squire class. I'm almost positive that it's an equal drop chance on all classes for these 4 items.

This is ringing a patch notes bell (a change I recall I was against) namely helping single toon players get all drops chance. Maybe this is the effect and if so it is a bad decision. 

Play a mage, get a mage wep (fine if you want a 10% rng for any).

Almost as bad a decision to get DPS armour if your wearing DPS gear OR get tower gear if you wear tower - please drop this idea!!!!!

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Squire = Purge Evil

Apprentice = Phoenix Bow

with my tank Squire i had like 3 drops of purge evil at the same day. not just RNG, ill play now monk more times lol

The unique passive weapons don't care what hero you're playing on.   Chilling touch and the hearty harpoon sword should be 100% obvious to players who played during the first few weeks of their introduction.  Especially because wave 1 ogres were possible/popular a the time.  I had that staff drop on every character, no doubt.  Also consider the functionality of having a switch for "3x frosty fire staff drop rate!".  All of them have some, small, chance of dropping, regardless of the current hero

Unless someone compiled data with 50+ drops and found some clear pattern regarding drop rates of the passive legendaries vs current character I'd dismiss all anecdotal evidence.  Especially ones that had 1-2 drops of each.  Threads like this are like 95% superstition <_<;

@Pachipachio quote:

The unique passive weapons don't care what hero you're playing on.   Chilling touch and the hearty harpoon sword should be 100% obvious to players who played during the first few weeks of their introduction.  Especially because wave 1 ogres were possible/popular a the time.  I had that staff drop on every character, no doubt.  Also consider the functionality of having a switch for "3x frosty fire staff drop rate!".  All of them have some, small, chance of dropping, regardless of the current hero

Unless someone compiled data with 50+ drops and found some clear pattern regarding drop rates of the passive legendaries vs current character I'd dismiss all anecdotal evidence.  Especially ones that had 1-2 drops of each.  Threads like this are like 95% superstition <_<;

I wouldn't call it superstition when other people are having the same experiences as me. All I know is that I have never seen a Purge Evil drop with my Monk. My first one ever was with a Squire and everyone after that was with him.

My Huntress yesterday got a Phoenix bow out of the chest at the end, but I have mostly seen those with my Apprentice.

So it's possible that any class can get these, but from my experience so far I have better luck getting them with opposite classes.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Pachipachio quote:

I wouldn't call it superstition when other people are having the same experiences as me. All I know is that I have never seen a Purge Evil drop with my Monk. My first one ever was with a Squire and everyone after that was with him.

My Huntress yesterday got a Phoenix bow out of the chest at the end, but I have mostly seen those with my Apprentice.

So it's possible that any class can get these, but from my experience so far I have better luck getting them with opposite classes.

Well, I'd still call it superstition 

There's no surprise you're seeing "better luck getting them with opposite classes".  I'm ok with that, because it's true.  4 weapons, 4 classes,  say you spend equal amounts of time on each class... if you're huntress and a passive legendary drops then there's a 25% chance of it being for huntress but 75% being for another class

So, there's a mathematical explanation for the tendency to see mismatched drops with regards to passive weapons.  

But to say that getting a specific weapon is more likely to happen when on a specific class is very different than the above example, and nobody here is having the "same experience" in that regard.  And it's important to distiguish the difference between "more likely to get a non-correlating weapon" vs "more likely to get X weapon with X class".   

If you're not familiar with skinner's experiments on pigeons then this thread would give you a good laugh in light of some of those stories/videos.  He had pigeons thinking they needed to rub their head on the ground for food, turn clockwise once for food, and other wacky things

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I thought it was a coincidence, but i'm not so sure anymore.

As I'm after a better Cold Touch Staff for my App but the Legendary Chest keeps giving me Huntress Bows and when I'm on my Squire I keep getting Purge Evil Staffs.

This is either intentional or bugged atm.

So going to play Huntress more and see If I get a Cold Touch Staff.

Anyone else finding this to be true?

Explains why I still not have the legendary monk staff after so much time played as a monk..

If I knew about this bug.. oh man...